Friday, January 8, 2010

Cute Hanglar and an Award!

Today, I have a cute little Hanglar image to show you!! My sweet friend sent it to me, since I have NO way of getting them here in the US. (Do you all feel my pain?)  ha ha! 

Anyhow, as I was perusing some blogs I came across the most amazingly talented girl!!!!! Her name is Hanna.  Get this, she is only 13!!! When you see what all she does with cards and her coloring skills, you will be blown away, I promise you!!!!!!

She recently showed a very cute card with a sketch and I decided to use that sketch, so here is my take on it.



Now, I had to take one little layer out because I didn't have another DP to coordinate.  It was a very nice sketch to work with and with her example you can just go to town!!!!!! (For all you overseas, that means, go all out).
Here is a little closeup of the little tag that is inside.  I always tend to have troubles decorating the tag. You don't want it too bulky to go inside, but it just looks plain how I did it, so any suggestions would be great!



Here's the sketch I used if you want to play along.



*******************************************************************************

What a cutie! Hanna sent me this award!  Thank you so much!!! I sure do appreciate you thinking of me.



Time to work on my Sugarnellie cutie for tomorrow! Be sure to go check out Hanna's blog.  You will NOT be dissappointed!!!!!

Hugs, Dena

18 comments:

papirdilla said...

Hi! This is so great work, Dena! The Hänglar-boy is so cute, and your coloring is perfect as always:) Really like the papers and the winter-look of the card. Even if I'm pretty tired of this cold weather;)!......

Congrats with the Award. You have sooooo deserved it! And I can tell you that Hanna really blows me away, too!!!! At first I didn't believe that she is only 13! She's so talented.

Hugs,
Hanne

Hanna said...

Hello Dena!

Oh My! This is totally gorgeous, hun!
Love those "snowy colours" and your colouring is superb.
Yes, the Hänglar-boy is such a cutie!

Thank you so much for your amazing interpretation of my sketch, and for all sweet words. :o)

I'll put your card together with a link to your lovely blog in my sidebar in a few minutes.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs from Hanna

Have a great weekend!
Hugs from Hanna

joey said...

Hiya Dena,

gorgeous card I love the sketch and dp you used, and your colourwork on hanglar is stunning!!!

Joey,x

joey said...

ooops ps: congrats on your award.x

Chris said...

Hi Dena, love your card and the Hanglar image is so sweet! Wonderful colouring and design and I agree with you about Hanne, she's amazing! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Chris

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Dena this is so very beautiful!
I love your sweet image and gorgeous papers!
Wonderful detail!
Stunning card!
Congratulations on your award from the totally awesome Hanna!
hugs
kim x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena!
WOW! What a cutie! There is sooooo much to love about this card. Some fab details & a whole ton of inspiration. Wish you hadn't shown me Hanna's blog though. It's made me feel quite inferior, she's awesome! Hope you're having a great week.
Huge Hugs,
Andie xx

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Love the colour combo! Hugs Juls

nicolet said...

Hello, what a nice cards have you made!!!
Hugs from Nicolet

Mary Ann T said...

I really do feel your pain, every time I see one of these cute Hanglar Stanglar images I get so bummed that I can't get them...even on the internet. My husband and I are going on a vacation to Sweden and Norway this summer, and tops on my list is to find a stamping store where I can buy some of these....

Vicky said...

Stunning card Dena. Love the colouring and your take on the LO! Thanks for sharing the link to Hanna's blog with us, she sure is talented and I can't beleive only 13! Make sme feel quite inferior!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Julie said...

Wow Dena - you never disappoint! So gorgeous and I love the frosty colours- perfect!! Believe me, I feel your pain - we can't get the hanglars here either-probably jsut as well really!! Might have to use Hanna's sketch - she sure is talented!! Juliex

Katarina said...

What an absolutely stunning card!!! Just had to come by and show you some apreciation. I love this colouring style. I haven't dared to try to imitate it. Would like to but don't dare, lol.

Katarina said...

I think the tag looks great, but if you want to decorate it some more why not stamp swirls around the edges in that pale colour?

mycardz said...

WOW! Your card is truly GORGEOUS! It's my first visit to your blog, but definitely not my last - you are amazingly talented and quite an inspiration. Wow. :)

Debbie Pamment said...

I sooooo share your pain about not being able to get these gorgeous stamps - they'll probably make it to the US before they make it Downunder though!!! Never mind - I just think of all the money I'm saving on NOT buying them - not that that would stop me if they were available - LOL.
LOVE what you've done with this cutie - you never fail to inspire or create WOW cards!
Lotsaluv from sweltering Melbourne!
xXx

Pam S. said...

love this Dena! awesome! hÄnglar is supposed to be coming to the USA soon! Even then, can you imagine the wait with so many of us wanting them!
Pam Going Postal

BallooBear said...

Hiya

I took a look at Hanna's blog...OMG she is so young AND so talented...one I need to aspire to.

I love this card, the colours and the beautiful image...another person who is desperate to get their hands one !!

Hugs

Jo x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails