Wednesday, January 6, 2010

High Heeled Tilda!

I'm back with a Tilda from the new Winter Kit.  It took me a little while to get used to her, but now she is growing on me. At first I thought, "oh no, grown up Tilda"?  Anyhow, here is the card I made with her.


My inspiration came from my friend Hanne.  I told her that I was going to try and copy her "style".  Go see what all she does with this Vintage look. She is amazing.  So how did I do Hanne?  Not nearly as gorgeous as her cards, but I just had to try it.  I love a challenge.
I colored her with distressed inks and used platinum  stickles allllllll over. Sparkly huh?  I got these amazing little pearls from my Colour Create Secret Santa (still don't  know who it is) and I just LOVE them. 


You can see them in the photo in the lower left. Also the fabby ribbon is from her.   I Crystal Lacquered the heart and distressed most of the edges with Vintage Photo.  The oval behind Tilda is a scan of an old encyclepedia.  The other square is K & Co. Ancestory line.
Well, hope you like my little change of pace.  It was fun, just wish I did a little better job of it.
I am entering this into the Just Magnolia challenge, which has an adorable sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Ya'll have a terrific, wintery, day!!

Hugs, Dena

20 comments:

Riet said...

Wowwwwww Dena,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kim Piggott said...

Wowzers Dena this is absolutely stunning!
I love your beautiful card so much!
Gorgeous, gorgeous work!
hugs
kim x

Vicky said...

Amazing card Dena! I love this new 'grown up' tilda. Although I have to say I sold my winter kit as I didn't think I would use it! Love this image though & great take pn the vintage look!!
Hugs, vicky ~X~

Juls said...

so so gorgeous! Just Love it! Hugs Juls

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning Dena, love the style and I love the heart, is it Magnolia? Not seen platinum stickles before......I need them now!!!! Fab card hun.

Hugs

Sarah

Iren said...

WOW Dena!!! I had the same ideas in my mind about grown up Tilda but she is just fab the way You've made here!!!

Hugs

Di said...

Oh Dena this is just jaw dropping, fabulous Hun!!!
Love this stlye must pop to Hannes blog and take a peek!!

Hugs Di xxxx

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

What a stunning card...I love this style...wish I could do it as well as you ! Love the lace, distressing and of course the stickles! You done good girl :)
Hugs Judy xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
I love this. You've got this vintage style licked, it's gorgeous! I love all the elements of this & little Tilda is sucha cutie. She's quite the sophisticate in heels! This one is a big WOW!!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - the vintage feel you have brought to this card is just divine - gorgeous job as always!
xXx

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous,the vintage feel to this card is perfect and your colouring is amazing.....love it!!! Hanne's cards are amazing and I love following her blog as well as yours!!
Hugs xx

papirdilla said...

Hi, Dena! Your card is absolutely stunning!!!! I loooooooove the colours and I think grown up Tilda is a beauty. Your colouring is perfect and the sparkly look is just great! Amazing details..

You really did great, Dena!It couln't have been better! Do I have to say that I really love this card......;):)....

And thank you so much for the nice things you wrote about me:)

I'm so glad that I'm not working today, it's
-30C!!!

Hugs,
Hanne

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW stunning.
luv
Debby

Carola said...

WOW!!!Unbelievably gorgeous and beautiful card!
Hugs,
Carola

Tara said...

You did an amazing job Dena, wow this is stunning! I wasn't sure about the grown up version of Tilda but now you've totally sold it to me!
Hugs Tara xxx

Kathleen said...

Stunning card!

I think it may have been much cuter to keep Tilda a lil girl clad in high heels!

Hanna said...

Hello Dena!
This is simply STUNNING!
I'm in love with your card, hun!
So much gorgeous details and a lovely design.

You've got something at my blog. ;o)

Have a great weekend.
Hugs from Hanna

mycardz said...

Well, I have to be honest - I really was totally against Tilda in heels, but your card is soooooo awesome, I may have changed my mind! It's really soooooo pretty! hugz, Mary

scrappyjan said...

HOLY PURPLE FLYING COW!!!! THIS IS OUT OF THIS WORLD BEAUTIFUL!!! Love this card sweetie.....
I still DO NOT have my kit and Magnolia will NOT answer my emails!!!!!!!!!! uhgggggggggggg
hugs, Jnaiel

stephanne said...

This is totally gorgeous!!! I love your take on vintage, I will have to hop over and see for myself the artist known as Hanne!! Love those papers and how you have used this Tilda, your colouring is beyond amazing!! I think I am warming up to this stamp after seeing your fabulous creation!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails