Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Simon Says and Winner of Cuddlebug Folder!

Wow! There were so many entries with the Simon Says Challenge and Hop!  You guys all created the most wonderful things.  There will be a seperate winner for the Big Shot or $50 Voucher on the challenge blog. Thank you all for joining!

The winner on my blog for the Cuddlebug Folder is:


Congratulations!!! Please contact me with your address and let me know which Cuddlebug Folder you would like from Simon Says Stamp.

This week the Simon Says Challenge will be Vintage with Prima Flowers.


I struggle with this style a bit.  I have a few friends that are "queen" of this style and they are Hanne, Iren, and Hanna.  If you need just a little nudge or inspiration, please go check out their blogs for the vintage look.  That's what I did! ha ha!

For this card, I distressed all the edges with Walnut Distress Inks.  A french script stamp was stamped on the background behind the image.  The doily was stark white to begin with, so I had to "age" it a bit by distressing with Old Paper and edging with Walnut ink.

Here is a little closeup of the Prima flowers that I used.


Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Sarah Kay, Precious Moments from Simon Says Stamp
Inks:  Distressed Inks
Papers:  Raspberry Road Download, Victorian Bliss Too
Tools:   Fiskars Sunburst Punch,  MS Branch and Monarch Butterfly punches, little tags are Sizzlits
Embellies:  Flat backed pearls, heart shaped doily

Be sure to check out the rest of the DT to see what they did with the Vintage style, they are a talented bunch of ladies!

Thank you for all your participation with the last challenge, I hope you will join in again!!

Hugs, Dena

24 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Dena :-) I love this image and the papers and embellies are perfect ! :-) I love everything about this card ,,, stunning ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jenny said...

Wow. Stunning card. You say you struggle with this style but it certainly doesn't look like it.
Everything about it is perfect.
Jenny

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Wow, wow wow Dena, what a totally stunning card, doesn't look like you struggled with this at all. You have certainly nailed it hunny, such fabulous detail, and lovely colouring as always. I just adore your work, always have! hope you have a lovely day hugs Linda x

Cheryl said...

OMG Dena,this is breathtaking,you have done an amazing job with this vintage style.........its perfect!!!
Hugs xx

Judi said...

Hi there Dena

This is a FAB card, love everything about it.

Hugs

Judi

http://www.judiscraftcorner.blogspot.com/

scrappyjan said...

oh this is STUNNING Dena. I love the vintage look you have created here. You have really done a FABBY job with the colouring on this one sweetie..
hugs, Janiel

Kathy said...

Well Dena I don't think you had a problem with it!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the colors that you used and all your details are stunning! Also this image just screams vintagey to me!!
Love your card! I will have to try to play along as I love this look!
Have a great day!
:)kathy

Grenouille Greetings said...

A positively GORGEOUS card, Dena. I am not very good at the vintage look and I think it is really hard to do with a cute image but your card is beautiful. Fabulous attention to detail, great vintage feel and beautiful embellishments! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Riet said...

So BEAUTIFUL card Dena,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow, well you are deffo up there with the best of 'em !! I shall be looking on your blog from now on to see how its done !!!

This is just stunning Dena, I adore the image, your colouring is perfect and those papers are to die for.

Stunning

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

This really has the WOW!! factor! it's absolutely stunning!

Vicky said...

Wow Dena this is just amazing! I adore this card, love the cute image with the french script stamped behind it!I think you have done shabby chic / vintage very well! I'm rubbish at it! Lol!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Nixe07 said...

WOW Dena, your card is absolutely stunning and so gorgeous! Love all the fab details and the great papers. Love also the sweet image and your fantastic colouring.
Hugs
Moni

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Dena this is really stunning!
Such a beautiful card!
hugs
kim x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
I couldn't see this earlier when I came looking. But boy is it worth the wait. It's fab! I love your flowers, especially the big one. I think you do vintage just fine!! BTW, I got some exciting looking packages this morning. But I'm saving them for tomorrow!
Supersize Hugs for my best blogging Pal!
Andie xx

sugar n spice said...

Oh Dena, this is just exquisite, I think your portrayal of vintage is just superb. The colour combo, flowers,lace and Image. Gorgeous.
Hugs Suzi xx

I'm thrilled to bits that I won the CB folder I will email you with my choice of folder asap. Thank you for the chance to win.
Suzi x

coldwaters2 said...

This is excellent I just couldn't stop looking at every bit of it I am in awe of your creativity you have captured the vintage look perfectly and the flowers and image are pure perfection.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - if this is struggling I should be a shoe in for making these - I always struggle with vintage but never come up with anything even remotely as fabulous as this!!!! It's STUNNINGLY divine!
xXx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is stunning Dena, such wonderful details and beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Nikki said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card Dena, I love this style of card making but need A LOT more practice before I reach your standards - I just used this image myself conicidentally - she's so adorable isn't she?

April Rose said...

What a wonderful vintage-style card! Your coloring of this cute image is stunning! Every detail is beautiful!
Hugs,
April

Tammi said...

This is perfect, OMGosh one of my new favs of yours! Pretty coloring and gorgoeus design, love that script behind her! xx

Timcsoca said...

Beautiful card Dena! Love this style, I adore the colours, the picture and the details! The embellies are gorgeous!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Iren said...

WOW Dena!!! This card is so fab!!! Love the total look :) Your coloring is fab!

I'm so glad I can inspire You to do this lovely card. I just had to say YOU inspire me alot :)

Hugs from Iren :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails