Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sugar Nellie Web Knitter!


Now isn't she cute?  This is a digital image from Sugar Nellie.  You can find it here.  They are soooo reasonable and instant gratification.

Before I tell you about my card, my friend Andie posed the question on her blog "Is a Fairy a creature or a person?"  Now, if you have read the book Wings by Aprilynne Pike it tells you all about what they are. tee hee! It is a book for teenagers that can be read in about a day, but I loved it.  The best part is that they are now making a movie of it and it is supposed to star Mylie Cyrus.  The second book is out in April of this year.  So if you are interested in reading a very quick book, try this one.  We passed it around my neighborhood, it was just so cute.

As for my card, I am on a little bit of a purple fettish, but can't find any purple paper. Just loving what everyone else is creating with it.  So, I found these and had to give it a go.  The paper is by MME Penny Lane Collection.  I also used another MS punch along the bottom and the circle in the upper corner is from my Storybook Cricut cartridge.  I am really getting some use out of that one.  She is colored with distressed inks. 

This is not a terrific rundown of how I made this card, so if you have any questions, just ask.  I don't mind at all.

It is dreary here.  I am so ready for some nice weather!

I really appreciate all the sweet comments on my blog! Some of you are so supportive, even when it is a rather ugly card. ha ha! Love ya'll for it! 

Hugs, Dena

13 comments:

scrappyjan said...

Now isn't this a very cute card!!! I love the colours that you have done her with!!! Very pretty girlie!!

I got my DT kit today!!! Did you???
hugs, Janiel

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous job as always!!! Such wonderful colouring and I love the sparkle. That web like piece in the top RHS is perfect with this cute image
xXx

Julie said...

Morning!! You're rocking the old purple yourself Dena!!! Lurrvve your colour scheme with this little sweetie- fab elements too, especially the little circle cut outs!! Mutual appreciation!!! Juliexx

Vicky said...

Beautiful card Dena! I love the colours you've used! Just stunning!
Hugs, Vicky ~X~

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Gorgeous Dena...the purples are beautiful!! Gorgeous sparkle too. Can i just say I have never seen an ugly card on your blog EVER!!!

hugs Judy xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

That is beautiful! I love purple and green, they go together so well!

Diane J said...

Love the papers you have used and the image is cute, I think I am going to have to buy one.
xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
This is a totally gorgeous shade of purple on a totally fab card! Love the cricut circle too. Really love this image. Haven't got her yet as I have loads of other images to ink up first! But I will! Are you serious about ugly cards? You couldn't make an ugly card if your life depended on it.
Counting Down!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Dena,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nixe07 said...

Wow what a stunning card Dena!! Love the fab colours and the sweet image. You´ve coloured her so perfectly!
Hugs
Moni

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Dena what a beautifully stunning card!
Amazing!
hugs
kim x

Iren said...

Oh my Dena this is so fab!!! So beautiful colors and wonderful coloring!

Hugs

Rosie said...

Dena this is such a stunning card. Just love how you have coloured the sweet image of the web knitter. Rosie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails