Friday, March 5, 2010

Just Magnolia - My Tent Card Tutorial

EDITED:  I have added the tutorial to my blog!!!!

Tent Card


1. Cut cardstock to the sizes below. This card can be created to any size you like, I am going to show a card that measures 6” x 6” when complete.

2. Score the 4”x 6” piece every 1” down the long side. This will create the bottom of the card. Fold in the valley, mountain, valley, style.


3. Glue the design paper to the base cardstock to create the front panel, then, cut out the shape that you want the image to “dangle” from. You will be cutting through 2 thicknesses, but it will align much better this way.

*Make sure the shape that is cut out is not too far to the top or bottom. When attaching the folded piece to the bottom you don’t want the fold to show through the opening. There should be a small space at the top for hanging the image.

4. Now attach the smaller folded piece to the fronts and backs making sure you align them before setting the glue too firmly.


5. The card should now look like a tent when standing. Punch a small hole in the top of the image to dangle and the top of the front panel where it will hang. Use jump rings to hang your image.


It can be held together on the sides or the center with ribbons, brads, or whatever you like.

The back side can be decorated also with sentiments or other images.

****************************************************************************

Recently, Bev asked me if I would do a tutorial on the, Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.  Well, there is just no way I could turn that down.  I love that challenge sooo much!!!  I racked my little brain to figure out what I could show that maybe you haven't seen before or better yet, that you would actually want to try! ha ha!  This is what I came up with.....


Now, I remember this type of card from when I was a CTMH demonstrator YEARS ago.  My friend and I always made them, but with a half of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper.  Now that everyone uses 6x6 I had to revise a little. This first one is made with a 6"x12" so it is a little shorter than the one on the bottom that is with the tutorial instructions.  You really can use any size you want, it is up to you and your envelope size.



If you stop over at the Just Magnolia Challenge blog you will see a little tutorial I put together.  IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK on how to create this card.  It is sooooooo simple you just won't believe it.  I don't have a picture of the back, but this is where I put my sentiment like what you would put on the inside of a card.

Now for the big news!!!!!! She asked me to join the Just Magnolia team!!!!! You just don't know how excited I am, since I LOOOOVE Magnolias.  It's just one more reason to play with them! Yippee! I can't wait to get to know the team and start working with them!

I hope you like my little tutorial!  It was such an honor to be asked to do this.  Thank you, Bev and Just Magnolia team!!!!

34 comments:

Vicky said...

These tent cards are beautiful Dena! Great job and thanks for sharing!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow what a brilliant idea Dena!
So love your stunning cards so very beautiful and gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Andy said...

Great card Dena with fab colouring. Lg Andy

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow again ! These are just fantastic, I must have a look at that tutorial you have done. Both of these cards are just stunning.

Many congrats !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Dena :-) I have never heard of a tent card before and will definitely be having a go ! :-) These are absolutely stunning ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Dena I'm hooked!!! These are truly fabulous and look sooooo much fun! Am off to check out your wonderful tutorial - I know it's wonderful even before I've seen it - you only DO wonderful!!!
xXx

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Very very creative!

Sharon Keanly said...

I love your cards Dena, you clever girl. Stunning designs and colour scheme.

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable cards Dena, great tutorial too, shall be having a go later.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Thanks so much for this fab tutorial Dena I can see myself making lots of these I just love them, and your colouring is just out of this world dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Tara said...

WOWZERS!! I love this style of card Dena and your examples are just amazing!! Can't wait to give it a try now!!
Huge congrats on your DT position too, you really deserve this!!
Have a lovely weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

scrappyjan said...

lOVE the tent cards sweetie and I tell you that you did a great job with the tutorial...
congrats to you
hugs, Janiel

Bonnie said...

Congradulations on being asked to be on the DT team...I have a question....with the added flowers how do you find an envelope deep enough to hold the thickness.
Thanks I love your cards

Marion said...

Stunning card Dena. I love that image and this tent card is a great idea. Popping over now to look at the tutorial. Congrats on becoming a member of the DT
Marion

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
What gorgeous cards. Love the style. These are going to take Blogland by storm! I definitely need to have a go! Your images are perfect too. Massive Congratulations (remember last time I tried to spell that!) on your thoroughly well deserved appointment to the DT. You Go Girl!!
Humungous Hugs,
Andie xx

Di said...

Oh Dena how gorgeous are these cards you are sooo clever!! what an idea its afbulous and congratulations tto although i'm not surprised your cards are stunning!
Have a great weekend

Hugs Di xxx
p.s did you get my message, your card finally arrived and its beautiful \THANKYOU. XXXX

Helle said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!
Hugs from Helle in Norway

Renkata said...

Great card, Dena.
I love how Tilda hang on your card.
very nice layout.

Tammi said...

These are beautiful, so cute how they are hanging there! Congrats being on the Just Magnolia team, they are lucky to have you! ~Hugs

CraftyC said...

Wow Dena, these are 2 fantastic cards. Love the papers and pretty stamps. Another project to add to my To Do List!!
Clairexx

maxine said...

Fantastic cards and tutorial thanks , I will put a link on my blog.

papirdilla said...

Your cards are so beautiful, Dena! They always are.....:) I have to try this out.

I've got an award for you in my blog:)

Have a great Sunday:)

Big hugs,
Hanne

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Dena,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sarah A said...

Hi Dena

Wow these are stunning! Thanks for sharing the tent card tutorial, it looks so complicated but when making it following your tutorial it was easy.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my tent card (Tilda on the swing) it means a lot!

Whoohoo well done you on getting asked to join the Just Magnolia challenge blog, you sure do deserve it.

Sarah x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Dena, these cards are truly stunning. Your colouring is amazing. I adore them. Will have to give one a go. A huge congratulations for your position in the Just Magnolia team. You certainly deserve it. xo Jackie

Rica said...

Hi Dena, thanks for the lovely compliment. Great tutorial and I forgive you for making me do two cards so similar!! These two are gorgeous, I'm not a pink girl so the bottom one is my first love, fabulous colours and papers and the beautifully coloured Tilda has to be my favourite of the winter collection. Stunning details.
hugs Heather xx

Donna said...

Hi Dena,
just dropped by from the Magnolia Challenge Blog, as I saw your tutorial on Tent Cards. Thanks so much, I will NEED to make one tomorrow! Your Cards are just so beautiful and you colouring is amazing. Congrats on your DT, it is so well deserved.
Hugs, Donna x

Martine said...

ooo i love this shape of card hunni, i must see if i can get a chance to take part this week, bout time i did :), gorgeous papers and embellies in both cards darlin, love em


take care sweetie

xx

Martine

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two beautiful cards! Really beautiful. Fabulously coloured and a great idea! Warmest wishes, Lesley

請客 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

Haha - I knew you should be on the DT for Just Magnolia!!! "Claps hands!" So happy for you and I shall look forward to seeing all your wonderful DT crfeations!! Love your tent cards and the tutorial too! Have made a couple for Mother's Day here in the UK so will upload them after the weekend!! Hugs Juliexx

Pam S. said...

WOW! awesome Dena! and BIG congrats!
Pam Going Postal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails