Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Simon Says Challenge - A Bit of Green


Let me first just tell you what I found yesterday!!!!!! I was on my usual morning run and just looked down  and there it was....... A FOUR LEAF CLOVER!!! Listen, I was just soooo excited thinking I was going to have good luck ALL day, and then.......my washing machine broke down in the middle of my wash.  I guess they are not that much good luck. ha ha!  I was thrilled to find it though because I had just told my hubby the day before that I wanted to just sit in the middle a bunch of clover and search for one. That was until I saw my pup pee in it, then my imagination went off to all the pups peeing in that clover and so I chose NOT to sit in it. Yik!

This week at Simon Says we would like to see a bit of green on your cards.  We are all using something Basic Grey on our cards.  Please join us this week for another chance to win a fabulous prize!!!!

For my card, I used this cute little Greeting Farm girl called Megan  and colored her with Distressed Inks.  Simon Says Stamps is now carrying a HUGE selection of Greeting Farm stamps.
The paper is Yellow Bicycle and I stamped a Basic Grey swirl which can be found HERE on the right side and along the blue piece.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch and Branch punch. 

We have a special guest this week and her name is Gunn.  Be sure to visit her blog! We are so happy to have her joining us this week! 

Thank you for visiting me today! Your comments make my day!!

Hugs, Dena

P.S. There is a Simon Says group at PCP and currently there is a challenge you can join in on and win a wonderful 6x6 paper pad "Green at Heart".  You can find it here, go check it out!

23 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!!! Beautiful colours and your coloring is amazing!!
Hugs xx

Iren said...

What a beautiful card Dena!!! So lovely and fresh color choise and fab coloring!!! Cute image too!!!

Hugs

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dena :) I love this image and the papers and embellies are fab ,, love the swirl stamp too ! :-)

Love your story about the 4 leaf clover :-) I remember as a child spending hours searching for them ;-)

Luv
Lols x x x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Dena, wow what a lovely card, i love this cute anya image, and the green papers are just stunning!! also i am in love with the magnolia card below, what a totally adorable tilda image, i dont think ive seen that one before!!! your work is always sooooo beautiful hunny, wish i had an ounce of your talent. Hope all is well your end and that your family are well, big hugs Linda x

debbies said...

I love those papers and how you colored your image!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Very cute card! Your colouring is amazing!

Timcsoca said...

Beautiful card Dena! The papers, the colours and the embellies are perfect! Love the image!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Andy said...

A lovely bit of green, fab colouring and papers Dena. LG Andy

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena!
Totally love it. Maybe that clover will be lucky, perhaps you get a fab new washing machine! I wsh you hadn't told me about your dog peeing in the clover, I was hapier in my ignorance, LOL!!
Hope your day gets luckier. Buy a lottery ticket!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

papirdilla said...

Beautiful, Dena! And I just looooove that stamp:) She is just so cute. You have colored her to perfection.

Big hugs,
Hanne

Jackie Thomas said...

Love your story about sitting in a clover patch until you saw your dog watering it. lol. A couple of years ago, my daughter found a 7 leaf, 6,5,4 and a couple of 3 leaf clovers all over a period of a few months. I think we had a magical patch in our backyard. It was amazing. Hope you're having a wonderful day. xo Jackie

Jane said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous colours Dena and your colouring is incredible! Stunning card! Love your four leaf clover tale! hugs, Jane xxx

Tammi said...

You make me laugh, so funny about all that with the four leaf clover!

Stunning and gorgeous card Dena, wow, just love every little thing about it! ~Hugs

Martine said...

hehe you gave me a giggle hun, i have never found a four leaf clover before, i used to look for them all the time when i was younger, it eventually got to the point where i stuck 2 together and created a four leaf clover from the two by pulling of the leaves hehe, still didnt give me any luck though haha, speaking of washing machines though, mine actually broke down in the middle of a wash yesterday too hehe, how weird is that eh :), anyho this is a gorgeous card sweetie, everything is perfect, that image is adorable and your colouring is just fab

xx

Martine

xxxtglxxx said...

Dena, your cards are amazing, absolutely breathtaking and inspirational!
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Dena this is stunning those papers and your design are so beautiful love that image as well.

Hugs
Lorraine x

stampinfrog said...

WOW Dena I love this card!Beautiful papers and the image is so adorable and beautifully colored!Fantastic MS punch detail!
Hugs,Connie

Debbie Pamment said...

Another gorgeous job - it certainly shows your artistic versatility - you do the darker colours just as beautifully as the pastels!
xXx

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Dena, love the sweet image and the pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Fantastic card Dena. Just love the image you used and those striking papers. What a fabulous colour combo.

Hugs,

Jo xxxx

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
What a beautiful card!
She is adorable and your paper and detail are so pretty!
How fabulous to find that four leaf clover!
hugs
kim x

Kathleen said...

lovely card dena. striking.
kathleen x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card !!!
your colouring is amazing
x
Vicky

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails