Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simon Says - A Card for a Child


Wow! I haven't posted in several days!!! I am so sorry for my lack of blogging. I don't know why I am so busy.  I do have cards for the next 3 days so please check back and tell me what you think!

This week at Simon Says Challenge we want to see a card for a child.  The team is using the stamp line Boefje, that can be found at Simon Says Stamp.  They are some really cute ones to choose from.  You do not have to use a stamp from this line, just a card for a child.  The design team is also sending their cards to Post Pals or Make a Child Smile.  You may do the same if you wish.

I used MME Home collection for the paper and colored with distressed inks.  I tried to make a little ramp for him to be skateboarding over.  I think it worked ok.  The stars are from a sizzix die cut and I sewed all the edges.

I love what the team did with all these stamps.  Everyone has such a different style and they are all fantastic, be sure to check out their blogs.

Be sure to join in so that you can be entered to win a prize from Simon Says Stamp!!!

Thank you for coming to visit me!

Hugs, Dena

19 comments:

scrappyjan said...

OH THIS IS CUTE!!! I LOVE his dirty face!!!! LOL........ GREAT PAPERS!!!!!
Hope all is well with you sweetie!
hugs, Janiel

Cheryl said...

WOW,I love this.......what a perfect boy card!!!!
Hugs xx

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Love the glittery polka dots!! hugs Juls

kaylou said...

Hi Dena
wow this is awesome my little boy loves your card too...the image is soo cute and the papers are just perfect... I do love visiting you..
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

stampinfrog said...

Oh Dena this is so beauitful!I think the ramp is fabulous,love the papers(perfect for a boy card) and your coloring is exquisite!LOVE IT!!!
I know what you mean about being busy with life!I need more hours in a day!!!
Hugs,Connie

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Dena :-) The image is fab and the papers and colours you used are perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jorunn said...

Oh so cute card.

Hugs Jorunn

Jorunn said...

Oh so cute card.

Hugs Jorunn

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Dena what a brilliant card I love it so much!
So cute!
hugs
kim x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Dena, im sorry ive not been by for a while, where does the time go? the weeks and months are flying at the moment, can't believe we are into April already. Wow, what gorgeous cards as always, loving the new Leanne Ellis design stamp, you've hightlighted it perfectly hunny and also loving your card for the Simon Says Challenge. That is one of my favourite images, and what a marvellous job you've done with it. Hope all is well your end, will catch up with you again one of these days, hugs Linda x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is just totally fabulous I love your papers/design and that image is so 'cute' and I love his grubby cheeks lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

dolcreations said...

Dena this is sper cute! I struggle doing boy cards...but I love this!

Julie said...

Dena - this is perfect! I love your colouring here ( well everywhere, actually), I think the little smudges of dirt are inspired!! My son used to skateboard and would come home looking just like this!! Wonderful boy card! Juliexx

Jackie Thomas said...

What a fantastic boy's card Dena. The dp is perfect. I love how you have sewn the card and I especially love the dirt on his little face. xo Jackie

Jane said...

This is stunning Dena!!! these papers are so gorgeous for a boy's card!! Love the little ramp you created and such gorgeous colours! hugs, Jane xxx

Tammi said...

Oh I love his cute face, what a cutie...fabulous design, and great idea with the ramp!

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Fabulous card Dena, just love this image you have used. Love the ramp you have made too - very clever. Super, duper papers too. Excellent boys card !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Timcsoca said...

Gorgeous card Dena! Love the colours, the sewing and the image!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Very, very cool! The ramp looks very good and you have colored the boy very nice!

Thanks for having me as a GD these last weeks. Take care!

Gunn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails