Saturday, May 1, 2010

NEW Sugar Nellie Mangas!!!

SOLD!

Before I show you my card, I thought I might go ahead and answer some questions that people asked me recently:

1.  I use watercolor paper to color with the distressed inks. My current pad is by Canson and  I use 140 pound for rubber stamps and the 90 pound for digi stamps since I can put that one in the computer.  Now mind you, it is VERY difficult to use the lighter weight.  It tends to ball up if you are not careful when blending. 

2.  I prefer the use the reinker bottle droppers to get my ink, although I also buy the pads for distressing edges.

3.  On the previous card, I used a Martha Stewart Border punch to get that border around the oval.  Here is the wonderful tutorial I found on how to do this.  This lady is genius!!! 

I think I answered all the questions.  Let me know if I missed something!




Wow! Did I have fun with this one!!! When I saw these images, I immediately fell in love with this one. They are available NOW at Funky Kits they are listed under the Homegrown collection.  I have a feeling these will go fast!!!   The whole time I was coloring this little guitar guy, called "Rock Idol", I was thinking of my son and how much he loves his music!  Here is a picture of Wade at one of their concerts.  I wanted the image to look like him.


I had to add the little "Goth Girl" too! She just is one of their groupies!!! ha ha!  This is the inside.

Card Ingredients:

Images:  Sugar Nellie, Manga
Inks:  Distressed Inks
Paper:  MME from a Christmas collection
Tools:  MS  Border Punch, Sizzix Star, Font is Bleeding Cowboy at Dafonts
Embellies:  Flatback pears, black brad, platinum stickles on her jewelry and his guitar, black stickles for star, Crystal Laquer on his sunglasses, micron pen for draw stitches

The sketch was from the Friday Sketchers from last week! I really liked it. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! It is yucky and rainy here and we are supposed to go to a Dynamos soccer game tonight! I hope we don't get rained on.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Hugs, Dena

29 comments:

Lorraine said...

these cards are fab you got these little beauties very quick love what you did with them xx

Rach said...

Wow what fabulous cards.x

Pati said...

Hi Dena

Hope all is fine with you. Congratulations on your card. These new Sugar Nellies are awesome. Love the colours you have used and the way the card looks when it is opened is fantastic. I have to try this too.
Have fun at the Dynamoos soccer game. It is raining here in Switzerland too. :-(

BIG hugs and have a relaxing weekend!
Pati

Renkata said...

Absolutely Rocking cards. Great colouring and details.

Sassylassy said...

These cards ROCK sista! I love the boy one. I tend to do girly girl cards but this one looks awesome. I think I may have to invest. The goth girl is way too cute too! So is wade so cool he's got a band and has concerts. Fabulous cord Dena! Have a sparkling weekend.
Hugs Bonnie

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome Dena I do so admire your colouring skills and the colours and design for these two Manga's is just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

dolcreations said...

You rock Dena...these cards are fabulous! Thank-you so much for the link for the borders! Very appreciated! Have a wonderful weekend!

Iren said...

WOW Dena what a cool and lovely card!!! Love these new images :)

Hugs

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Hey Dena! These are just stunning! I have been colouring the very same image and it looks so simliar!!! LOL!! The rock ones were my fav too...!! I love your colouring and fab papers! Great card Dena!!
Hugs Judy xx

stampinfrog said...

Two fabulous cards Dena!Stunning coloring and papers!
Thanks for the link for the MS border punches around the oval!I will try this asap!!!
Hugs,Connie

Kim Piggott said...

Two utterly fabulous cards Dena!
You must be so proud of your Son!
hugs
kim x

AndreaM said...

WOW - stunning cards! I really love them!
Hugs, AndreaM

stampingheaven said...

Simply stunning cards Dena, love what you have done with the new Mangas. Hugs Ali x

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Dena,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

craftycrafter said...

wow what great colouring I love them both Dorothy xx

Suzie Q said...

Hi Dena,
its great popping by your blog you make some super cards and your colouring with inks is fantastic x
keep up the good work
hugs
Suzie qx

Julie said...

Fantastic Dena - the spit of your son!!! LOLX Your colouring is stunning - even the sunglasses are perfectly coloured!! Juliexx

Sharon said...

Great card Dena, I loved this sketch too ... one I'm sure I'll use adgain. The papers are perfect for your images, wonderful colouring. I have just popped over to funky kits and orders these :-)
My son also plays guitar!

Sharon x

Juls said...

wow both of these cards are amazing!! Love the colour combo!! totally rocking!! Hugs Juls

Martine said...

oh wow this is fab darlin, love everything about this card, and your colouring, wow, wish i could colour like that :)

xx

Martine

xxxtglxxx said...

This card is awesome - it really rocks! :)

You have given this a very different feel, well done.

Debbie Pamment said...

I always knew YOU ROCKED!!!! WOW Girl - these are beyond FABULOUS!!! Wonderful for teens - I really must stop visiting you - my wish list grows every time I do - LOL

BTW - congrats on your MDUC win!

xXx

Mamiogée said...

Coucou!
Elle est MAGNIFIQUE et très ORIGINALE cette carte.
I LOVE IT very much
BRAVO!
bizz

Tammi said...

Wow girl, AMAZING card!!! Love the design, I saw Claudia's the other day and wanted to make one, now I really want to make one! :) Love that your son inpired you and love the font/sentiments!

Candy said...

GREAT SKETCH!!!
Awesome card!!!
Hugs, Candy

Caroljenks said...

This card is absolutely amazing! Just found it on the SN Blog and had to follow it back to you.
So glad I did as I can now see the way the card is made up too - great idea to have the inside image masked by the front one -fantastic card!!!

Carol x

scrappyjan said...

oh wow irlie!! LOVE THIS the olors are fab!!!!!! I love how you did the fornt page so that the inside worked!!
VERY VERY CUTE!!!!
Wishing you a great week...
I am rady for tomorrow. :o)
Hugs, Janiel

Wendy ten Hove said...

It's great, this card, with the groupie inside!! I came here via Janiel''s blog and really enjoyed watching your cards! The colors of this one are really nice and tough!
Have a great day!
Love, Wendy

Grenouille Greetings said...

I have loved every card I have seen of yours on my way here but these two are really really stunning. Gorgeous colouring and wonderful colours! WW, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails