Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simon Says Challenge - Just Relax!!!


It's Wednesday and time for another Simon Says Challenge!  Today we have a fun recipe for you to follow and all of the DT are featuring stamps from Stampavie.  Here's the recipe:

2 Papers
3 types of embellishments
1 image

As you can see I am still in my "bright" mode.  I just couldn't color this little guy with the cool flowers without the bright colors!  This is a Tina Wenke stamp called "Mouse in Hammock".  You can find tons of Stampavie stamps at the Simon Says Stamp Superstore.


Card Ingredients:
Stamps:  Stampavie, Tina Wenke - Mouse in Hammock
Inks:  Copics (I know, shock, horror!!!)
Paper: October Afternoon - Thrift Shop:Near Mint
Embellies:  Raffia lace, flower, floss bows
Tools:  Sewing Machine, MS Garden Trellis Border, Cricut for leaves

In case you didn't realize, this paper is striped and I took and mitered the corners so that it went in different directions. I saw my talented friend Janiel do this one day and just remembered to try it. 

Now the border around the cirlce is just that very small part of the MS Garden Trellis, in case you were wondering.

This card just doesn't look right to me, but maybe because I was limited by the recipe and couldn't put loads on there ha ha! It may get a makeover after the challenge.

Thank you all for stopping by!  I hope you have a marvelous day!!!

Be back tomorrow with a little news and a very sweet card!

Hugs, Dena

21 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Dena, beautiful cute image and wonderful details.
luv
Debby

淑怡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Juls said...

this is fabulous!! Love the glittery sunflowers! Hugs Juls

Tina Wenke said...

This is sooo cute! The painting is beautiful and the stitching with the combined patterns are awesome. It rally feels like summer!

Tina Wenke

Lisa Summerhays said...

Love the bright colors and fantastic coloring! Beautiful!

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card :-) I love this image and the way you mitred the cornes ,, fab idea, love the fancy border too ,,, everything is gorgeous Dena :-)


Luv
Lols x x x

dolcreations said...

Oh my...you rock with distress inks AND copics! You have coloured that adorable little mouse so perfectly! Love your card!

Tammi said...

Adorable image and card Dena, love how you did the background paper, looks amazing! Fab coloring with those copics too! ~hugs

Maria Therese said...

So sweet card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Dena,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kathy said...

Adorable card Dena! I love this paper and your corners look fabulous!!! Love the look of it! What a cute image as well and your coloring is beautiful!
Have a great night :)Kathy

Jackie Thomas said...

this is amazing Dena. I just love the mitered corners and what a sweet image. coloured to perfection. have a great day my friend. hugs Jackie

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So darling, Dena! I love the stitching and big sunflower embellishment!!

You’ve definitely got the “recipe” for delicious card making!! ;-) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week!

*mwah*
Steph

Paula said...

Don't do anything to it - just don't - this is just right. The corners are brilliant & I love the little bows, the Copics work so so well with this.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

stampinfrog said...

Awe Dena this is so gorgeous!I love the papers and the sweet mouse looks so comfy!Exquisite coloring and love the MS boder aound the image!
Hugs,Connie

Renkata said...

Very cute card. Love the idea abaout the paper.

Iren said...

What a cute summer card Dena!!!! Love the summer fresh colors and the image is so cute :)

Hugs

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Super card with a super image. So bright and colourful - very summery.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Sassylassy said...

OMGosh Dena this has got to be one of the cutest images I've ever seen. Adorable card I love it!
Hugs Bonnie

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful card! I just love the colours and the sunflowers. Such happy flowers - sunflowers and your card shouts happy and relaxed! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Jane said...

This is stunning Dena! the colours are amazing and I love the image! hugs, Jane xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails