Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Simon Says - Father's Day/Male Card

Well, I have been gone for a while huh? Did you miss me? Not really!  I'm back now with a new challenge from Simon Says.  By entering you could win a $25 shopping spree at their wonderful superstore.

Our challenge this week is Father's Day/Male Card.



I decided to use the little Chef Edwin, found HERE, because Tom is our griller at home.  The tag on the card says "To the Grill Master".  I thought he might like it.  I wish I had something like a spatula or something for flipping burgers, but I just made do with the utensils.  I even used shrink plastic for the utensils on the ribbon. I stamped the other utensils on metalic silver to look more like silverware.  The paper is a download from Designs by Krista called Classic Designer Paper. 

I was reminded of this apron card by Camilla.  HERE is where you can find the pattern.  I just had to show you this apron card I did in 1997!!!!!! Ha, ha, ha!!!!!!! When I made it I thought I did such a good job on it. Isn't it funny how stamping changes and you find different styles? Remember when solid stamping was so popular?
My friend Debra probably remembers making these with me! I still have several cards from back then. 

1997 Version of my apron card!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I sure hope you will join our challenge this week.  We all have those sweet men in our lives that need a card.

Thank you for stopping by and saying hello!  Be sure to come by tomorrow for a new Colour Create Challenge and some news!!!!!

Hugs, Dena

24 comments:

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

I love it Dena!!! Your dear hubs will love it too I'm sure. How brave of you to show your first attempts. Funny how we change and progress. Mmmm I'm not sure I'm brave ebough to show mine :)

Big hugs Judy xx

debby4000 said...

Brilliant gorgeous card Dena,love the arpon idea and fab images and details. Love the one you made in 1997 too.
luv
Debby

Sharon Keanly said...

What a stunning creation Dena. I just love this one. The colours are fabulous too. Am sure your DH will enjoy this one. Nothing wrong with your 1997 creation. Nice to see how one's style has changed since those early days. Warm hugs to you, Sharon

vasu said...

marvelous idea. its looks beautiful. amazing creation. :)

Mr Lonely said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mycardz said...

Hi Dena! I love this apron design for a card! VERY creative. I'm sure your hubby will love it. Awesome coloring of adorable Edwin too! Your 1997 version is gorgeous also!! hugz, Mary

Danielle said...

I love this apron card Dena - Edwin is gorgeous!! Perfect papers and Edwin is coloured so beautifully! It's so funny looking back to earlier work isn't it - I love to see how our styles evolve! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Danielle

scrappyjan said...

Love the apron sweetie and I bet that DH will too!

You know it is fun to look back and see just how we have changed and have grown.

big hugs for you today..
mail is on the way sent yesterday ..Janiel

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Dena what a stunning creation!
So love your beautiful colouring and your colours and design are amazing!
I love your earlier card too sweetie great design and colours!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Dena,So beautiful,i love your papers and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

kaylou said...

Hi
I love this apron too, I'm sure it will be well recieved. Thanks for the link to the templates.
hugs Kaylou xoxo

stampinfrog said...

Thanks for the link to the template Dena and your hubby will love this card!Chef Edwin is colored so beautifully and the papers are gorgeous! Your card from1997 is fantastic too!
Hugs,Connie

Jane said...

This is amazing Dena! I love it!! what an absolutely brilliant idea and the papers you've used are perfect! love the 1997 version too! hugs, Jane xxx

Jorunn said...

Wonderful, just wonderful:)
Hug Jorunn

Jackie Thomas said...

This is great Dena. Your colouring is amazing and I just adore the dp you have used. hugs xo Jackie

Debra said...

You are right Dena, I do remember. I probably have mine somewhere.

scrappinpeg said...

This is just adorable. I love it!

Sassylassy said...

Oh Dena it doesnt get any more sweeter than this. Gosh you are talented. Boy, you even used shrink plastic? I just love Edwin too cute!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Debbie Pamment said...

You're a braver woman than I am to show your older work - it's amazing how far we progress - but I guess re-visiting out past is good too! LOVE your new apron card though - Edwin has never looked better
xXx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Dena :-) I love the apron shape ,, perfect with the image and the cutlery looks fab :-) I really like the 1997 version too ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Pam S. said...

Handsome Chef Edwin Dena! Fabulous, Creative card! Love it!
Pam Going Postal

Tammi said...

I love that apron shape, fun!! And so neat seeing your older card, cards were way simpler then! :)

Josie said...

Saw ur card in the simon says challenge blog and i tot that your card was so cute and lovely... had to drop by to tell u how lovely ur apron card is :)

Thank you for inspiring...

Grenouille Greetings said...

I am loving this Father's Day car on an Apron. It's perfect! Warmest wishes, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails