Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Here! The New Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog!!!!

The day has arrived!!! It is now time for the new Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog to begin! Our first challenge theme is what else???........"Say It With Flowers"!!!! 

You will have to take a look at all the DT's projects, they are ALL amazing!!! I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful team!!! 


For my card I chose to make a purse card.  It folds at the top, so it was very easy to make.  I didn't use a pattern, just kinda freehanded it.  Very easy.  The flap of the purse at the top is a partial nestie just glued on.  So for my little flower arrangement I used 1 Curly White 35mm Rose, 2 White Wild Roses 30mm, 4 White closed Rosebuds 6mm, 1 two tone Ivory/Pale Pink 15mm rose.  I misted the Wild Roses with Spun Sugar distressed inks and the hit the tops with a bit more color to match the paper and the center curly rose I sponged the top with a little Spun Sugar.  They all have been given a shower in Pearl Glimmer Mist!  The branches are a Martha Stewart Branch punch.  I also added in some of the Wild Orchid Pearl Sprays!!! They are carrying so many of these wonderful embellishments now.  You have to go see for yourself!!!

My Hanglar has been colored with distressed inks as usual and I have added some bling here and there.  The paper is Imaginesce.  I stitched all around to make it look a little more like a purse and added a little purse tag on the side hanging from the strap (sheer ribbon).

I sure hope you will join us at the first ever Wild Orchid Challenge and you just may win a wonderful prize!!! Also, go have a little shopping trip at the Wild Orchid Crafts store and you will LOVE the products!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Hugs, Dena

26 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooorgeous!!!

mustavcoffee said...

Beautiful card and flowers :) xxx

Claire x said...

And you should be proud Dena, your card is absolutely amazing, as are all the other projects the DT members have made - just gorgeous. Hugs, Claire x

papirdilla said...

Hi, Dena:)
Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love everything about it. The flowers, the image ,the layout..... beautiful!

Have a great week:)

Hugs,
Hanne

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Dena, I love pink & green together :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Dena this card is soooo adorable! Absolutely love the design & your papers, the darling little hAnglar girl is colored beautifully and of course the flowers are gorgeous!

Blessings,
Gloria

Riet said...

So beautiful Dena,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jorunn said...

What a lovely card! Beautiful details.
Hug Jorunn

Renkata said...

Beautiful project!

Renkata said...

Beautiful project!

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!!!!!!! This is just the most STUNNING creation! I LOVE it!! gorgeous colours, love the flowers the bling just everything!!! you have such talent! Hugs Juls

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous. Love your purse card Dena!
Clairexx

Phred said...

Lovely. I love you card

lv toria

Tara said...

Goodness Dena this is amazing! I love the purse idea and I now have to add it to my ever growing list of things to try! Your work always brings a smile to my face as everything is so pretty and beautifully put together..... and this project is awesome!
Hugs Tara xx

Pink lady said...

Gorgeous card you have made!!! Love the colors, cute image, flowers and layout!

Have a great week! Hugs Laila.

dolcreations said...

Where do I sign up for classes to work with distress inks..you are the master! This purse is just the cutest ever! Beautiful Dena!

stampinfrog said...

The purse card is gorgeous Dena!Fabulous papers and the WOC flowers are gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Dena, This is so BEAUTIFUL and very creative. I just love that stamp and your devine coloring. Gorgoeus work! Hugs.

Kim said...

Dena this is soooo beautiful! What a fun card hun...and to know you freehanded it...WOW you are amazing! Gorgeous work hun! Happy WOC debut hun!
Hugs~ Kim

April Rose said...

What a cute purse card--I love it! The image is adorable, and the colors and papers are gorgeous! Of course I love the flowers too!
Hugs,
April

Debbie Pamment said...

OMG - each and every time I visit you you amaze me - this is just STUNNING!
xXx

Sassylassy said...

Hi sweets! Love your photo at the beach. Very beautiful!! Your purse card is amazing as usual. I love your lovely bouquet of Wild Orchids up top! Image is just darling!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Julie said...

Wow- can't believe I missed this - so awesome!! I want a bag just like it!! Juliexx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
This is utterly stunning!
Such a beautiful creation Dena!
hugs
kim x

Tammi said...

This is adorable, wonderful idea making a purse card...and with such a cute hAnglar and pretty flowers, love it!

Grenouille Greetings said...

So many beauties and so little time but I love this sweet card! Gorgeous! Warmest wishes, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails