Friday, July 9, 2010

Just Magnolia Recipe!

Hey there everyone!  We have had the most aweful rain the past few days!!! How's the weather where you are?

It's Friday and that means time for another Just Magnolia Challenge.  This time we want to see a recipe.  Your card should include:
3 Flowers
2 Papers
1 Ribbon

For my card today I used an image that my friend Andie sent me.  I really like this little girl and think she is just loving that ice cream.  I wanted to create something real summery.
You can see I added a couple of layers of dimension.  I really like how it turned out!

Since I am taking a personal interest in keeping Martha Stewart in business, I used my new border punch.  Oh there are still more that I want too.  Simon Says carries a huge selection of Martha Stewart products.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Magnolia -  Tilda With Ice Cream, Spring Fence, Tilda's Birds
Inks:  Distressed Inks
Paper:  MME Quite Contrary and not sure of sripe but it's MME
Tools:  MS - Branch Punch, Layered Arches Border, Double Loop Corner, EK Success Frond Punch, Nesties
Embellies: Stardust Stickles, Hero Arts Blue Rhinestones, Charm, Ribbon, Wild Orchid Cherry blossoms, Wild Orchid Classic Rose

Well, it's almost the weekend!  I hope everyone has some super fun plans. Be sure to go and check out all the Just Magnolia Design Team's work.  They are sure to inspire you!!!!

Thank you all for stopping by!

Hugs, Dena

17 comments:

Maria said...

This is fabulous Dena! Looooove your colouring and the layout of the main image with those cute birdies. Papers are my fave too. Hope you're in for better weather. Hugs, Maria

Sharon Keanly said...

Absolutely love this one Dena! Gorgeous. Love the birdies. hugs Sharon

dolcreations said...

Another stunner Dena! I love your work with the distress inks. The papers and the MS punches are wonderful...love the little birds too. Beautiful!

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
This is uber gorgeous!! Love the layout & the colours. How cute are those little birds! I thought I'd be safe. Everytime I see one of your Magnolias I want to get the image for myself. I already have this one, but now I want the fence & the birds, LOL! I'm never satisfied!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Riet said...

Beautiful card Dena,i love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

karlinchen50 said...

A beautiful Card, beautiful details and mad colors. Greeting Karla

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! so summery! Hugs Juls

Pink lady said...

Beautiful card you have made! Gorgeous coloring, paper, Magnolia and cute birdies:-)

Hugs Laila.

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful as always!! Love the detail you have added so perfect Chanelle xx

Silvie Z said...

Hi Dena, this is such a pretty card! Your coloring is AMAZING! Beautiful papers and embellies! You did a wonderful job - AGAIN!!!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Sandy said...

This is so pretty! I love the papers and colors you chose but also the birds being popped and how she's colored! Beautiful card!!!

Sassylassy said...

OH How stinking Cute!!!! I love Tilda and those darling lil birdies just make the scene. Dena my sweet you are such an inspiration. I always look forward to seeing your creations.
I'm afraid however that I will not be able to join you in this weeks Just Magnolia Recipe challenge. It's too hard.... I would not win. I cannot use just 3 flowers lol!
Hugs Bonnie

溫緯李娟王季 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! This is totally stunning. Tilda is just coloured perfectly and I love the dimension you added. Such a sweet little birdie fluttering by.

Please send your rain here - I am a Yorkshire (UK) lass and I love it!!
Caroline xxx

shelly said...

Such a pretty card!!!! Your coloring is amazing and I love the little birds you added. So cute! Sorry about the rain, SoCal is having a really weird summer too!
hugs,
Shell

Kim Piggott said...

Oh how cute, cute, cute!
Such a beautiful card!
hugs
kim x

Tammi said...

So sweet, wonderful scene you've created...fabulous charm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails