Thursday, August 12, 2010

Colour Create AND LOTV Challenge

Well, our Lily of the Valley Challenge has decided to run once a week instead of every other week, so I will be posting 2 cards today, so scroll down to see my LOTV card. Thanks!

Here is my Colour Create card for this week.  One of our newest members, Julie, picked this picture for her color challenge choice.  From the picture use the colors IVORY, and DUCK EGG BLUE, AND one other color from the picture with the extra option of Shabby Chic!  Great color palette!



The BG Capella papers all worked so well for this challenge.  I teamed those up with some MME polkadot blue papers.  This is one of my fav Tilda's so I just had to color her up with my Distressed Inks.  I used lots of pearl accents from Wild Orchid, along with the gorgeous Wild Orchid flowers and lace.  That lace is actually about 4" wide and I cut it and used a portion.  I used my MS Monarch Butterfly punch and EK Success Frond punch.  I tore a little bit here and there and added newsprint underneath and then distressed all the edges with my distressing tool and Weathered Wood.  Lastly, I gave it a good stitching all around. 

***************************************

Now, here is my LOTV Challenge card.  The theme is "Seasons".  I figured almost everyone would be using the new winter stamps, so just to be different I made a Spring card.  I have been eyeing these shaped easel cards and just had to try it.  The flower is from my Storybook Cricut cartridge.


The papers are MME and the little cutie stamp is On Tiptoes.  All the flowers are from the fabulous Wild Orchids Crafts!!! 

Here is what it looks like when opened.

Again, she is colored with distressed inks.  This was a fun card, but took me all day to get to work properly. ha ha!  I'm a little challenged sometimes.  Anyhoo, I like it and hope you do too.

There will be some super cute new releases next week so stay tuned to the LOTV news!

Thank you for visiting me today.  I sure hope you can join in these challenges.  Be sure to check out all the DT's work!

Hugs, Dena

31 comments:

Claire x said...

Both of these cards are amazing Dena - I love the flower easel card - just so different. Hugs, Claire x

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my gosh, these are absolutely fabulous Dena. Just love the flower card though! Super special. hugs Sharon

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Two stunning cards Dena - love the soft colours on the Tilda card, and the shape of the easel card is fabulous.
Sylvia x

Sharon said...

WOW OMG WOW!!!!!

Dena both of these are just beautiful! Love the flower shaped easel card with that pretty image!
Your colour create card is wonderful too!

Sharon x

Ageeth Holster said...

Hi Dena, your cards are so beautiful! As I am a little Tilda/Magnolia tired I like the second the most. Its so original and sweet. I will try to make the same gorgeous card with that model. Its fun I think.
Regards Ageeth

Lisa said...

Hi Dena, Wow beautiful cards! I love the sweet LOTV fairy image and such a great shape.

Lisa x

Nelleke said...

Two stunning cards Dena ,nice soft colors.
Hugs Nelleke

angeleef said...

Good for you to stick to the easel card! It's so different from everything I've seen, but sooo amazingly beautiful! I love it!
And your other card is fab as well.
Have a nice day!
** Evi **

Bluefairy4U said...

Oh Dena the LOTV card is fabulous. I wish I could make one like it. The Magnolia is cute too. Lovely colours as usual. Lol. Jo.xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Dena, both of these cards are gorgeous hun, love your colours in the CC one, and such a gorgeous Tilda, have fun, hugs Liz xx

Lena Katrine said...

OMW!!!! I love both of these creations soooo much!!! Beautiful colouring, and the papers and details looks absolutely fantastic!!! You're a big inspiration to me, sweetie!
Have great day!
Hugs, Lena K

Tracy V. said...

Both cards are amazing!!! I especially love that Spring Flower....it's adorable, but as usual all your cards are!!

Tracy

Juls said...

oh wow!!! 2 incredibly gorgeous creations! Hugs Juls

Di said...

Hi Dena
Just a stunning card i love the lace and especially how you have distressed and used news print underneath, looks fab!!
Love the small lilvalley card too!
Just Gorgeous hun!

Hugs Di xxx

dolcreations said...

Your cards are just stunning! I love the way you did the newprint and the lace along the bottom is so beautiful. Your flower card is superb! Gorgeous Gorgeous Dena!!!

Hanna said...

Both are AMAZING Dena! Love every single thing about them. The lace, butterflies and ribbon on your first card, and shape, flowers and pearls on your fantastic easel card, that flower is so creative and lovely.

hugs & love,
Hanna

Tammi said...

These are both stunning & gorgeous, love the color combos, paper and little details...always beautiful work Dena! ~hugs

Renkata said...

wowowow Dena!
The Easel card is so pretty, I didn't see card like this till now.
Way to go!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous cards and coloring!!!

Denise and Louise said...

What beautiful cards. Love the LOTV one - brilliant shape and On Tiptoes is one of my favourite stamps. Love the colour you chose for her.

Denise xx

Crafteezee said...

Gosh, both of these cards are absolutely stunning, glad I found you, lol!

Hugs Tracy x

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Dena. These cards are truly gorgeous. You are so incredibly talented. Beautiful work as always. Hugs Jackie

stampinfrog said...

Dena you have made two stunning cards!Love the soft colors and the lace on the first card and the shape of the easel flower card. Both images are colored to perfection!
Hugs,Connie

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness I love your card it
is beautiful..... Love LOTV stamps
Hugs Linda W.

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Dena
I just love that Tilda, your design and details are fabulous. Awesome shape on your LOTV card, so pretty!

Karen x

Kim said...

Oh my word how stunning! Love them both but my fav is the LOTV easel...that's so beautiful!!
Hugs~ Kim

scrappyjan said...

Oh that flower card is ADORABLE!!!!
Love the Color Create card with all of the details sweetie.....
hugs and happy weekend Janiel

Christiana said...

Oh my goodness, you are a papercrafting GENIUS! Seriously, you are amazing!

And by the way, I heart, heart, heart LOTV! They are at the tippy top of my wishlist. And that fairy couldn't have been colored prettier.

Nice job!

Julie said...

Oh fantastic cards, Dena!! I love your colouring of the CC one - it's immaculate!!! Fab use of the colours too!! Great shape for your LOTV card and it's just tooooo cute for words!! Hugs and have a great weekend!!Juliexx

Amanda said...

What a beauty!!!

Pam S. said...

wonderful creations Dena! love your Tilda and the LOTV shape card is awesome! oh no! more new images! oh no! how are we supposed to keep up!!!! oh well....glad you keep me up to date! lol
Pam Going Postal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails