Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Magnolia - Dawny's Sketch!


You guys wouldn't believe how amazing the weather was yesterday!!!! I stayed outside almost all day.  It was only 95 degrees and very low humidity and that is fantastic for Houston this time of year.

Dawny created yet another fantastic sketch for us to follow for this week's Just Magnolia Challenge. Of course you can flip and rotate and I did just that.


I used some of my favorite papers at the moment by Doodlebug.  I just love the candy colors throughout the entire line.   Problem is, I am sooooo careful about cutting into them.  I don't want to waste them. ha ha! So funny how we are about those papers we like huh?  Anyhow, I used this little cutie from Magnolia called Tilda with Wedding Gifts and she was colored with distressed inks.


I added glitter to the packages, around the image and sentiment. 


I made a little packge to cluster in with the flowers.  All my flowers are from Wild Orchid.  The large white one is a gardenia, the pink ones are Aster Daisies, and the little blue ones are called Gypsophila.  I think I am going to need all colors of these three.  I LOVE them!!!  The card is a little flatter with these flowers verses the roses, even though I still adore my roses! ha ha!

I almost forgot, I am entering this into the Magnolialicious Highlights Challenge blog.  A very Happy Birthday to Diana!

That's about it for me today! I sure hope everyone has a great weekend!  I know I will if this weather keeps up.  I can get back to my running!

Hugs to you all!  Dena

32 comments:

Cassandra said...

Absolutely adorable Dena! I truly admire your work, just brilliant. *hugz*

Anne said...

This is fantastic!
Love the little present you made. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Astrid said...

Gorgeous Dena, very very nice.
Hugs Astrid

paola said...

Fabulous!!! colored to perfection and i just love that you have used the Aster daisies and gypsophila's, a great little masterpiece
smiles
Paola

Pink lady said...

Gorgeous card Dena!! Love the colors and lovely details:-) Fantastic colored Tilda:-)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Laila.

dolcreations said...

Wowzers Dena...this was totally inspired by your GORGEOUS sunny weather!LOL
I just love this..I love the little gift package you did in your wonderful flower arrangement! And that glitter...LOVEIT!!!!!
Beautifully coloured!!! PERFECTION!

Danielle said...

Stunner of a card Dena! Such beautiful colours and papers and Tilda is coloured, as always, to perfection! I just LOVE how you added that little gift to your card in amongst the flowers - totally inspirational!
Hugs, Danielle

charlene aka scrappygma said...

How cute ! I love your coloring and I like those papers too...Have a great day

Tracy V. said...

LOVE IT! The colors are fabulous!! Papers are super and she is adorable!! So cute!!

me said...

First time fo rme visisting your blog. And it is amazing! I find your cards lovely.
You are really good in colouring too!

Cheryl said...

Oh this is beautiful,fabulous colouring and love your little package!!!
Hugs xx

Maria Therese said...

Stunning card!!

Nelleke said...

Fabulous stunning card Dana
hugs Nelleke

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dena ,, very cute Tilda and I love the gift with the flowers ,, what a fab idea :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lizzy xx said...

WOW Dena this is absolutely stunning, luv the dp's...lush colours & fab layout, luvin the glittery parcels & the flowers are just gorgeous xx Lizzy xx :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

RubyM:) said...

OH DENA!!! What a gorgeous work you do.What a nice touch with the wrapped present.The coloring is always soooo stunning!!!! All your cards are beyond gorgeous ,those lily of the valley cards i'm just melting over LOL!!! Have a great day,RubyM:)

Mina said...

wow Dena your colouring always amazes me its always so perfect...I love how you added the little gift to match the image
Mina xxx

stampinfrog said...

This is a stunning card Dena!I love the gorgeous papers and of course I am in awe of your exquisite coloring!The flower arrangement with the adorable little package is gorgeous!
Have a great and safe weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Norma said...

OoH, Dena, stunning card. Wonderfully coloured in your distress inks--have never tried them myself, but I like the result. Love all the glitters and yeah, the flowers are gorgeous.

Hugs.
Norma

Tine said...

Another stunning card Dena. Your use of that small parcel amongst the gorgeous flowers is inspired. Just wonderful!
Tine :)

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning Dena, you are so talented hun.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Dena this is so very beautiful!
Such a stunning creation I love it!
hugs
kim x

Annika said...

So beautiful, love your deep shadowing and that flower corner with lil' present is just gorgeous!
Hugs
Annika

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Dena, I just love visiting your blog. Your creations are AMAZINGLY beautiful. hugs Sharon

Iren said...

I just love your creations Dena :) Your one of my favorites :) So many beautiful cards since last time!!!

Hugs

Cheryl said...

Dena, yoiur card is amazing! Gorgeous coloring, sketch and embellishments! Thanks for joining in the Magnolia-licious birthday challenge!
Cheryl

Heidi said...

Dena- I can see why you don't want to cut into the paper it is truly scrumptious! And your coloring is stunning, love the accents on the package. Beautiful card.

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is so pretty. Wow!

mycardz said...

Ohhhh, she's adorable! I love the sparkly packages. Very very cool card! hugz, Mary

Tammi said...

Ooohhh so pretty! Amazing coloring and love the sparkle and extra package you added!

Sharon said...

Oh I just love the pretty colour you've used to colour Tilda! Beautiful card.

Sharon x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails