Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another New Sugar Nellie!

Just a quick post from me today! Hubby is going to the Texans/Cowboys game and so I am going to catch up on lots of DT stuff.

This is one of the new images from the Simply Sassy line now available for pre-order at Funky Kits.  You can get all 5 of the new releases PLUS the free extra hippy girl that will not be sold separately.

So  recently Karen has been encouraging us to do CAS cards, well, everyone knows I don't normally do that style, so this is my CAS card. I have kept it uncluttered and simple.  Did I do it right or does it need to be even more simple like no stitching, no embellies?  Is it a matter of preference?  I don't know.  All I know is I want to add lots more to this card. ha ha!!!  I used the sketch from The Sugar Bowl, so I will be entering there.  They wanted the theme Birthday, so hence the birthday sentiment!

Good grief she is a cutie huh?  I think she is perfect for all our blogging friends because she is a "crafty" girl.  What do you think?  I have other ideas for this one FOR SURE!!!!!
Guess what!!!!! I used copics.  Yep! these images just scream great rich colors, so I had to whip them out.  Don't even ask me the colors I used because I had such a huge pile while playing that I don't know what is on there. ha ha!

So, here's the deal!  If you would like to win this card, just leave me a message saying you want it and I will pick a winner on Monday.  Also, I am soooo curious what you think of this new line and which one is your favorite.  I LOVE them all! Seriously, these are even better when you start coloring.

Remember, go check out the new Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy line at Funkykits!
Hugs, Dena


22 comments:

Tracy V. said...

So cute. I think you did fine with the CAS. Your coloring is gorgeous as always. Love the DP's. Those stamps are adorable. I would say so far this is my favorite one. I love the glasses and the craftiness of it!

Tracy

Pink lady said...

A beautiful card with lovely colors together:-) Very cute image...gorgeous colored!!
I would lik to win this card..yes!!:-)

Have a great day on the Texans/Cowboys game.
HUgs Laila.

Suzie Q said...

Hi Dena,
fab card with lovely colours that you have chosen,I do love to stalk your blog and would be delighted if I owned one of your cards
Fingers crossed
Hugs
Suzie qx

Suzie Q said...

OOps!
forgot to say I do like all of course, but must say i love the hair on this cute girl and the glasses perched on the end of her nose x
Suzie Qx

Maria Therese said...

Oh your card is super sweet! I so love this new line! Please don't make me pick a favorite, I've already pre-order them :)
I would love to win your card :)

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Dena this is totally fabulous!
Soooo loving those colours!
hugs
kim x

Anki said...

Your colouring is out of this world! Love it! And yes - she really is Funky -*lol*. Have a fab Sunday! Kram - Anki

Riet said...

Beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

Love this card Dena. Fantastic image and beautifully coloured. Oh, and I'd love to have this card. Would proudly display it in my craftroom. Your colouring is always amazing!!
Clairexx

Tammi said...

Love her hair and outfit, your CAS card is perfect! I'd love to win anything you make! :) ~hugs

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
I absolutely love this, & your last sneak peek. This could be you, before you got your eyes fixed, LOL! It could never be me. My hair will never look this fabulous, but my glasses do always slide down my nose!! It's fabulous. Stil excited & counting down!!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

stampinfrog said...

Dena you have rocked the CAS even though I do miss your exquisite flower arrangement!HaHaHa Your card is gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Debbie Pamment said...

I hear you about CAS - but I think you've just NAILED it with this - LOVE this card -and the new images are just GORGEOUS! I went to check them out to see which one is my fave but the pics aren't too clear - so I have to say this one so far - I love her glasses sliding down her nose - I do that ALL the time - LOL.
xXx

amanda stokes said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous colourng
hugs amanda xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Dena! I LOVE this card! Seriously, who would not want to win this?!! Your coloring is amazing!! Fabulous card! Pick me, pick me!! LOL!
hugs, Sharon

dolcreations said...

Oh would I love this card...YOU BET! I love your card!!!!! She is so cute...and the way you coloured with distress inks....WOW!

Sassylassy said...

Dena I am just like you. I don't do CAS cards. I tried and I got great compliments by the DT of the challenge I submitted the card into but... they just laughed and said for me it was CAS but not really. LOL
Anyhoo I think this one here is my favorite. I can totally relate to her as an artist cause when I was young I always made those rainbows. They were all over everything. Now my grand kids ask me to make them. So this little cutie is my girl.
Fabulous job on the CAS card your colouring is amazing as always.
Hugs Bonnie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun image and stunning coloring!! Love the color combo and your design! Sweet!!

Juls said...

so gorgeous! Loving the pink and blue together! the ribbon adds such a fab touch of luxuary! LOVE it!! Hugs Juls

RubyM:) said...

OH I NEED A DENA CARD FOR SURE!!!!! (((JUMPING UP AND DOWN)))!!!!!!!!

Oh gosh we have to pick a favorite image but there all gorgeous!! I will have to say the one holding a candle.The one on your previous post.Oh she is precious and she reminds me of my teen. Your card is adorable as you always make them.I love the color combos.JUST BEAUTIFUL!RubyM:)

Diane said...

I love this card and would be sooooooooo happy to win it. My fav out of the new line of SN stamps is this one the image is so much like my daughter and she is also an artist!! Just perfect. x

Gail said...

I love this card! The colors, the image, how you colored her...all so cute. Very very nice card!!! Hugs, Gail

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails