Sunday, September 19, 2010

Guest Designer for Kenny K's Krafty Girlz - Stitching

Hi there and happy Sunday!  I am back with a card the the Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge as a Guest Designer. The theme this week is "Stitching".   I would like to say a huge thank you to the Design Team for having me for the last two weeks.  These are some super fun images to color!!!!

The image I am using is called Uptown Girl, and can be found at the Kenny K store.  I colored her with distressed inks and used my papers from a K&Co. pad.  I used my cuddlebug to emboss the blue center piece and punched a border using the Fiskars Sunburst punch.   My flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and I punched a sizzix swirl out of green and then used stickles on top for a glittery look.  I stitched all of my edges and put blue rhinestones here and there for accents.

I used the sketch at Stamp with Fun, so I will be entering this card there!

Now, to show you what we did yesterday..... My daughter, Alyssa, joined the ski team at her college and as some of you remember broke her nose this summer while practicing, well, here is what she broke it on.......
 Typically she is a wakeboarder, but her friends talked her into skiing, so this summer was the first time for her to ski and then they had her jumping off this ramp.  She went 50 feet which was her personal best! Pretty good for a girl only skiing a few months. Notice the full face helmet now.  Just to give you an idea what is good, the top jumpers were jumping 150 feet for girls and the top boy jumped 187!!! Wow! Fun to watch!

Thank you guys for stopping by my blog and checking out my work! It is always appreciated!  I hope you will join in the Kenny K challenge and check out all the DT's cards!,

Hugs, Dena

18 comments:

yvon said...

This is one gorgeous card. Love the colors and these images are just so cute. Love it.
Hugs, Yvon

papirdilla said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous,Dena! Love those girls;) Ireally can understand why they wanted you as a guest designer!! You did a great job:)))))

Big hugs,
Hanne

Tracy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love it!
Happy crafting
Tracy x

dolcreations said...

I can totally see why they wanted you as a guest designer! Girl you rock! This is so awesome! Was at an all day crop with some ladies yesterday and I told them about your wonderful blog! They all want to use distress inks now! You have started an epidemic here!! lol
Wow those pictures of your daughter are so neat to see! What a great girl to try something new that she has never tried before! Actually very brave!!!!

charlene said...

What a cute card Dena, your coloring just rocks :)
Way to go Alyssa, looks like fun for sure

Kaz said...

Totally gorgeous card! Love every thing about it & your colouring is stunning!!!
Kaz x

angelwhispers said...

Wow Dena she is so brave and so are you watching!! I wouldn't be able to especially after the accidents but I'm so glad she has kept it up!!!!

Loveing the card it's just beautiful and love the papers the colours are lush!!!

Thanks for sharing your family picture love Chanelle xx

Christina C. said...

Wow, Dena, you have been making some incredibly gorgeous cards and this one is no exception. Love the image and you did an outstanding job coloring and showcasing her.

Pami said...

What a fantastic card. The colouring is just perfect. Beautiful. Pami x

Shake said...

Fabolous creation!
I love the stamp and the ribbon!

Hugs, Albert

Suze said...

What a beautiful card Dena beautiful colors and the image is just great
Wonderful.

Hugs Suze xx

maiju said...

A lovely card. The card is a wonderful feeling.

arjette said...

Hi hi,

what a beautifull card!!!!

gr. arjette

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Beautiful card!! Love the soft coloring and dp you used! I've enjoyed seeing your creations these past two weeks!

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning card Dena those flowers, colours and image are delightful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

MmSs said...

Wow.. it's amazing. I love this blue and green colors and the flowers.
hugs, Maria

Tammi said...

Amazing colors and design and pretty flowers too!

Juls said...

this is such a fabulous card!! Loving the colours, it is so funky yet soft and pretty at the same time!! Love it! Hugs Juls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails