Friday, September 3, 2010

Just Magnolia Special Monthly Challenge - Crackled Glass and Award!


Today at Just Magnolia the design team are all using the Crackled Glass technique.  If you would like to join our challenge we would love to have you try out this technique OR "anything goes".  It is up to you.  We understand that sometimes you don't always have the necessary craft items to use for the special challenges, therefore, it will not be mandatory to enter the challenge.  We just want you to play along any way you want this week as long as you use a Magnolia image.

For my card, I chose to try and make it look like a photograph.  Not sure how much I succeeded in this, but here are the results anyhow. ha ha!  One tip I would like to share if you do this crackled glass, is that if you are using distressed inks to be sure to color the image with HEAVY color.  After heating mine up 4 times, it faded tremendously.  I don't know if copics do the same way.  I knew this, but it still is much lighter than I had intended.  This would not be one of my favorite pieces of work.

The crackled technique (tutorial here) was achieved with a heavy embossing powder which I reheated 4 times for a glossy effect, then put it in the freezer for a little while, then bent it to crack.  I had to put it in the freezer a few time to get the amount of crackling I wanted.  I did emboss the dp with a cuddlebug folder called flourishes.  I used photo corner from my scrapbooking stash.  My edges are distressed and then I used gold stickles around them.  The lace all around is from Wild Orchid Crafts along with the gold pearls.
************************************************
An Award!

Awe, my very sweet friend Lesley of Grenouille Greetings has given me this wonderful award.  Please pay her a visit and see all the original creations that she makes.  I love her ideas!!!! Thank you so much Lesley for thinking of me, I am honored to put this on my blog!


That's it for me today.  Don't forget about the Sugar Nellie blog hop tomorrow morning.

I hope you will join our challenge this week! Have a great weekend! 

Hugs, Dena  

22 comments:

Sol said...

Great Card! I love the lace around the card... Beautiful... Your stamped (and masked) image matches the paper perfectly! Lovely Card!

Sol said...

Great Card! I love the lace around the card... Beautiful... Your stamped (and masked) image matches the paper perfectly! Lovely Card!

Elly said...

Great card, and so lovely coloured!
Like the crackle"thing" too!

hugs, Elly

Louise said...

OMG!! This is so beautiful, totally stunning :) Such great work. Looove the colours, feels like autumn just arrived. And it has ;)
Hugs!

Kim Piggott said...

OMG!!!
Dena this is incredible!
So love your photo idea and those corners!
So beautifully coloured and your lace border is gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Maria Therese said...

This is so stunning I got goosebumps! Looooooooove your coloring and the card is so sweet!!!

Shake said...

very pretty work!
The lace is cute ;)

kelly said...

WOW Dena this is stunning.I love it.Shame i have to leave to get my son from school cause i want to play and have ago,i`ve not done this before.I will definatley be having ago though.Gorgeous image and the colouring is amazing.Love the lace too.

Anne said...

This is an incredible sweet card, I love the image and what you have done with it, the lace and the corners are perfect.

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renkata said...

wow Dena, your card is FAB. All details are amaizing.

Marley said...

Hi Dena,

Beautiful card! Love the crackle accents and Tilda is colored beautiful!! x Marley

dolcreations said...

Wow...you are incredibly talented. This is beautiful how it turned out! Love the lace all around your card too!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Oh stunning Dena, I still need to have a go at that technique, so effective.x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debbie said...

This is absolutely beautiful..You definately did make it look like a phot. Thanks for the inspiration..will definatley give this a try...

Pam S. said...

Beautiful Dena! Lovely photograph! She is totally charming...you did a great job w/the crackle!
Pam Going Postal

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
Now you're just showing off. 'Not one of my favourite pieces'. It's bloomin' amazing, & I for one absolutely love it, so there!!! :-)
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Shelby Goolsby said...

This card is just too cute and your coloring is beautiful.

Juls said...

wow this is so so gorgeous, love it! hugs Juls

stampinfrog said...

Love the sweet image and the scene you have created!Beautiful card and I don't think you can create a card I don't love!
Hugs,Connie

Christine said...

Oh, my goodness, your card is beautiful. I love the color palette you used and all of the wonderful layering of the stamps. That cracked technique is really cool. I need to try it soon.
xoxo, Christine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails