Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lili of the Valley!

So how has your week gone?  Mine has flown by.  This weekend is a holiday weekend for us here in the US and so our family is getting together at the beach to have a shrimp fest!  I can't wait!  I think that is by far my favorite food and we are cooking them 4 different ways!!! Yum!
Enough talk about food, I'm getting hungry. ha ha!

We have another fantastic sketch by Bev at the LOTV Challenge this week.  Love these easy sketches!!!!!

I used the adorable called "Father Christmas" from Lily of the Valley and you can find it HERE! He was so easy to color with my distressed inks.  I used Bo Bunny papers from last year (really like this color combo) and stitched all around the card.  My doctored up poinsettias are from Wild Orchid Crafts along with the pearls in the corners and the heart stick pin, and the little white stamens.  The leaf punch is my Martha Stewart Pine Branch punch.  I added white paint to the leaves to give them a "snow" effect.  I also added this white paint to the edges of the poinsettias and then added stickles over that, and then Fun Flock on top of that.  It was really easy, just sounds like a lot of steps.

I was hoping you could better see the furn on his outfit with the next picture, but it still does not show up good!


I really hope you can join us this week at the LOTV Challenge.  We love seeing all your wonderful creations.  The DT are creating the most wonderful cards, be sure to go have a look, you won't be disappointed.

Have a super awesome Thursday!

Hugs, Dena

25 comments:

Vicky said...

Hey girl! I love this card, so bright and festive! Love the gingham ribbon and this cute santa image! Have a great weekend! I love prawns too!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Sue said...

Beautiful image - love this card!!!

Corine van der Zee said...

Beautiful card, love the color, ribbon,flowers, love it all!!!

Hugs Corine

Anne said...

Amazingly sweet and beautiful, love the flowers and ribbon.

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow, a fantastic card, just love that image, a must have stamp I reckon ! I'm off to Alexandra Palace in London in a few weeks and LOTV will be there so no doubt I will be spending loads of money on stamps !!! Just love their new collection.

Love the colour combo and all your gorgeous details.

Take care and have a great weekend. Wish I was joining you !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

yvon said...

Very nice card, it's beautiful. Love these colors and the flowers are great.
Hugs, Yvon

Pink lady said...

Gorgeous christmas card!!!
Love theese colors and image you have used:-) Lovely ribbon too.

Hugs Laila.

Tracy V. said...

OMG! So Cute! Love the vibrant reds! That LOTV stamp is so awesome!

Sassylassy said...

Ahh Santa is just so handsome. Love the image and WOW pretty fancy flowers my dear. Love it
Hugs Bonnie

dolcreations said...

Just when I think it just can't get any better..you WOW AGAIN! Your unbelievable Dena! I love your colouring with the distress inks and your layout is just FAB!
A shrimp fest sounds awesome..adding that it is on the beach is totally cool...right up my alley!!
P.S. Can you tell me what colour distress inks you used on his jacket? I have not got that shade of red in my stash!!!!

mycardz said...

Hi Dena! Wow, your card is just gorgeous. I love those poinsettias ... i think I need to do some shopping!! :) Your colorng and layout are, as always, fabulous! I love it! hugz, Mary

scrappyjan said...

Beautiful card and cute image... What time should I be there for dinner.. I love Shrimp!!! The only thing I like better is crab..
lol
hugs, Janiel

Tracy said...

I saw this card over on the LOTV challenge and thought it was so beautiful, a really fantastic creation, I love it entirely.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sol said...

Beautiful! Love the colours... And your colouring is stunning! :)

Kaz said...

WOW.....how neat is your stitching, and how fab is your colouring! Totally GORGEOUS card!
Love it, Love it, Love it!
Kaz xx

Tammi said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend ahead for you, yum, enjoy!! Amazing card, love his soft coat and the fur looks awesome! ~hugs

Renkata said...

So beautiful and elegant card. Well done Dena!
A cherry on the top from me :) !

lil-paper-pixie said...

Love it Dena, adorable card.x Have fun on the beach, wish I was there.x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Dena, love the image and colours. Lush gingham ribbon too.
Kelly.x

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I just love your work! Have a great weekend! :)

stampinfrog said...

Gorgeous work as always Dena...love stopping by for inspiration!!!
Hugs,Connie

debby4000 said...

Oh fantastic card Dena, beautiful Santa and details.
luv
Debby

Kristen said...

Absoultly stunning!

Sharon said...

Santa looks fabulous! I love that gingham ribbon :)

Sharon x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails