Thursday, September 9, 2010

LOTV and Colour Create Challenges!

We have a wonderful color combo for you this week at Colour Create chosen by Liz and it is:
RED, WHITE/CREAM, and GOLD
Extra Option - Christmas or Oriental

You are going to love all the wonderful creations by the other design team members!!!!

The sketch I used is from the talented Dawny at Papertake Weekly, this is where I am entering this card. I am using the adorable stamp from Sugar Nellie called "Angel Wishes".  She can be found in the Home Grown section at Funky Kits.  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW COUNTRY COUSINS!!!  The papers are from MME and Bo Bunny.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts along with the gold pearls.  I used gold stickles to accent the flowers and stardust stickles on the wings and the puppy's hat.  BTW that would be Rambo my precious pup again!

**************************************

This week at the LOTV Challenge the theme is:
ONE FOR THE BOYS

I always seem to have problems with boy cards.  I just don't want to use a star all the time.  I think this image is too cute though and is called "Lazy Afternoon". You can find it at the Lily of the Valley Store.   My brother just had a little outpatient surgery and needs to take it easy, so I am going to send this to him.

The sketch I used is from Sketch Saturday, so I will enter it there. The papers are KaiserCraft Duchess Collection.  I used some button, twine, my EK Success Frond punch and some raffia lace.  I have sewn al the edges and colored with distressed inks.  The postage looking stamp is from Walmart and I think the brand is Stampology.

Again, I think the DT did a fantastic job with all the boy images.  Their cards are adorable!!!!!!

I will be back tomorrow with a card for Just Magnolia, so check back with me.

Thank you all for the sweet emails and comments on my cards.  Sometimes I forget to email you back, please just try me again and I promise I will try to respond.

Big hugs from Texas!

Dena

23 comments:

Anne said...

These are beautiful, especially the first one, I just love it! :)

Sharon said...

Dena - I just love both of these! The images are both gorgeous and the colour so soft and pretty. I really like the gold stickles on the flowers of your colour create card and of course the gold corners, pearls and the stunning bow. The LOTV layout is wonderful - great masculine card :)

Sharon

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Dena,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nelleke said...

So beautiful cards Dena,i love theme.
Hugs Nelleke

Mrs.B said...

Fab Card Dena, This image looks 'all grown up' with the papers you have used.
Avril B

dolcreations said...

These two cards are simply gorgeous Dena. You are the best! I love the colours that you used for the first card and the second card....soooooo cute! You have such a talent that is for sure. P.S. Thank-you so much for sharing your distress ink colour that you used on one of your cards. It will be my next purchase!!!!!

dj1952 said...

Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! I came by from my reading list this morning. I think you are an awesome designer. I have a couple of questions about a couple of your older cards, but I am unable to contact you by clicking on "contact me". I'm having issues with my windows email software. My email address is texastransplant69@hotmail.com. I would love to contact you. Thanks for so much inspiration. :-)

scrappyjan said...

Dena, both cards are beautiful dear. I really do love that big gold bow with the SN image. You LOTV card is so so so cuuuute!!
Love all of the details on that one yet it looks so clean and simple.. LOVE IT>.
hugs and I hope you are not floating away over there..
Janiel

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, Dena
Your designs and details are just beautiful!!

Karen x

RubyM:) said...

Dena you are so talented! I love both of these images.I love that small detail of the postage stamp!! BEAUTIFUL COLORING ON BOTH CARDS!!RubyM:)

Liz's creative corner said...

Oh Dena these are gorgeous hun, love the images on both of them,thanks for doing such a beautiful card for my challenge, hugs Liz xx

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Renkata said...

OMG Dena, they are just breath taken. Fab. colouring gorgeous ribbon....... just Divine.

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable! Your coloring always amazes me and I love how you put your cards together with all the little details you add.

Julie said...

Two amazing creations Dena! So love your CC one - that ribbon is lush and I love the little gold corners!! Where are they from!! Fab male card too and perfect for your bro!! Hugs, Juliexx

Di said...

HI Dena
Wow these cards are just stunning!! i must say i just love the little boy card its adorable!
Its good to be back!
Hugs Di xxx

Jo said...

Fabulous cards!
Love 'lazy afternoon' it's one of my fave LOTV images, and one I haven't got!....yet ;)
Thank you for joining in with us at sketch saturday
Jo xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two absolutely awesome creations Dena the designs on each one are superb the colours and images are wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sassylassy said...

Oh Dena!!! You did it to me again!!! Once again your card has moved and inspired me so much that now I have to buy the stamp. Angel wishes is so beautiful. Here I come Sugar Nellie.

Your lazy afternoon card is really really cute too. You make creating a boy card look so easy doenst look like you have a problem at all. It's awesome!
Hugs for you my friend
Bonnie

Juls said...

wow both these cards are amazing! so stylish and luxurious! Love them - thanks for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

Annchen said...

they are all fantastic!

Nicola said...

Two fabulous creations Dena, your colouration is awesome. Love these images, papers and layouts - truly beautiful.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Pam S. said...

aaaawwww....love this guy! I own him but alas, he's in a CD case uninked still... I know... someday!!! Great sketch for a guy card! love the jute and the punchies! I'm gonna take it easy tonight!
Pam Going Postal

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails