Thursday, September 23, 2010

Two Challenges!


Hello there! Wow! This week is flying by! I can't believe it is already Thursday.  

Today I have two cards to show you.  The first is my card for the LOTV Challenge.  Our theme this week is "Non-traditional Christmas".  I know I use pink all the time, but it really is not very traditional. hee hee!  
I used the LOTV stamp "Dropping the Shopping" and added the Magnolia Boutique stamp.  I thought they went together really well.  All have been colored with distressed inks and I added lots of stickles to the ground and the hat and jacket.  I added a little awning over the boutique stamp that can fold flat for mailing.  There is a little tulle under the poinsettia from Wild Orchid Crafts and I tipped the edges of the flower with some pink chalk for a little more color.  I took out the centers because the bright yellow didn't exactly go with the Basic Grey design papers.

****************************************

Now this is my card for the new Colour Create Challenge.  The talented Sharon came up with the idea for an all white card.  All embellishments and papers should be white but the image can be colored however you like.  The extra option is "Embossing".  

I colored the sweet little LOTV image with distressed inks.  The image is called "Wedding Couple" and can be bought HERE.  I really don't have a current need for a wedding card, but I will be ready when I do. ha ha!  The gorgeous lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts and the flowers and pearls and the sweet little heart pearls.  There is a heart doily tucked in behind the image and I added a tulle bow on top.

I hope I have inspired you to join these two challenges.  Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I will show my card for Sugar Nellie's new line of stamps called Simply Sassy tomorrow. I am having a blast playing with those!
Hugs, Dena


35 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Dena,

These are both stunning cards. As always you colouring is just so beautiful! I love the touches of tulle - it always looks so pretty.

Sharon x

Crafty Chris said...

wow dena 2 stunning cards, wasnt it worth entering dCD the other week congrats.
Chris x

petra,s cards said...

oho this is so beautiful!!!!
xx petra

theCook said...

Your two cards are beautiful, but I am most drawn to the wedding one! The image is so cute and the all-white card is so classy!

Fleur said...

Oh Dena, these are both just stunning, your colouring is amazing.
Love them both equally.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Kylie said...

Oh - they are both so cute Dena! I love the maggie boutique window with your LOTV stamp. Very cute,
Hugs
Kylie

Pami said...

I really love both these cards, particularly the xmas one for me. The images and the colours are just lovely. I really must buy some LOTV stamps. Pami x

yvon said...

Wow, to fab cards. I love them both, but especially the white one, it's so beautiful.
Hugs, Yvon

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my gosh Dena, two absolutely stunning cards you're sharing with us today. Just love both of them! Wow! hugs Sharon

dolcreations said...

Unbelievably gorgeous Dena! What a fantastic idea to use the magnolia image behind the LOTV image! Your awning is so adorable! Your wedding card is going to be a gift for the couple getting married! WOW SUPERB!

mustavcoffee said...

Hello there Dena, love these cards both are absolutely gorgeous, good luck with your challenges:0) xx

Hélène said...

Wow! It's so gorgeous! It,s the kind of stamp that every one should have .I loveeeeeeeeee your card!
hugs from Quebec xx

Denise said...

Awwwwwww Dena... both your cards are just wonderful. The wedding couple card really caught my attention. Gorgeous!! I guess because my son's getting married next month and I've recently purchased this image for their wedding card. Thanks for great inspiration!!!

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

woweeee I just adore your wedding card! So stunning and so pretty! I am off now to buy that cute little couple. Love all the lace and sparkle! You sure rocked this one!!
Hugs Judy xx

Anne said...

Beautiful cards! The first one really makes me want to put on my winter-clothes and go christmashopping. Love it! :D

Linda Palmer said...

Such darling cards. Love them both and the colors you used are gorgeous.

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Dena,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria Therese said...

Your coloring is always amazing! Love your cards!!

arjette said...

Oooohhh, they are both sooooo beautifull!!!!

gr. arjette.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
These look soooooo gorgeous. I love them both. They're just perfect! BTW, did you sleep OK? It took me ages to nod off, I was so excited!
Counting down!!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Sharon said...

Two beautiful cards Dena. But I admit I am biased! Your all white Colour Create one is Jaw Dropping! OMG - where do you get such stunning lace??
Awesome colouring on the image too!
Sheer, blissful, beauty.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Annette said...

My God, you make beautiful cards!
Absolutely magnificent creations!
Thanks for your inspiration!
/Annette

Julie said...

Hello Mrs!! Two delicious cards, Dena!! Both different but stunning anyway!! Love your LOTV shop - such a fabulous scene! And your white CC card is drop-dead gorgeous!! Hugs, Juliex

Little K Smith said...

Oh these are just STUNNING Dena! Adorable images, beautifully coloured! Just gorgeous! Perfection!
Kelly.x

debbies said...

WOW - love the Magnolia bg with this stamp!!!!!!!!!!!
And who knew that an all white card could be so stunning!

RubyM:) said...

OH Dena what would i do without your blog sigh.... You are just an artist.I mean two beautiful cards at once!!! (I'm tucking down my chair)I try getting one a week LMBO!!!! I'm just lazy to take pictures:) I have four cards to post but as you can see I'M LAZY LOL!!!!

Girl you inspired me to play in one of the challenges maybe the white card one.YOUR CARDS ARE SIMPLY GORGEOUS.You really know how to promote images i tell ya.The way you color them and sit them are just so perfect.THANKS FOR THE KICK I BETTER GET GOING((hugs))RubyM:)

Niki Estes said...

Both are just beautiful, Dena!

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness what can I say but
BEAUTIFUL.....ALWAYS love your
cards and coloring
HUGS Linda

Juls said...

2 incredible creations! LOVE your wedding card, I love white on white and this xasd just oozes luxuary, stunning! LOVE IT!!!! Hugs Juls

Julie said...

Both cards are gorgeous, the all white one is absolutely stunning!

Pam S. said...

Fabulous Dena!!! Love them both but the pink is so adorable! awesome designing and coloring girl!!!
Pam Going Postal

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Luv your all white card! Beautiful colouring. I want that stamp! Fab lace.

xoxo,
Lori

Tammi said...

Both just stunning and beautiful, wow! You always make the most gorgeous creations!

wendyvanderkooij said...

Hi Dena, The wedding card is sooooo sweet!! Wow you did a great job.
Wendy

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm sharing a lap top with hubby at the moment but I am only getting to use it 2% of the time and it's a really slow pc. I don't want to miss out on your recent makes but I probably can't comment on them all. These, however, are divine! Two absolute stunners! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails