Friday, October 29, 2010

Christmas Angel!

Hello my crafty friends! First, let me say I am so sorry for the confusion on the aura technique I talked about that Kylie does.  I had emailed her and she was kind enough to explain it to me over email a few days ago and she didn't have anything on her blog about it.  Well, you will happy to know that since then she has done a little tutorial on the technique and you can find it HERE.  She has an amazing talent with those copics.

It's FRIDAY!!! Yippee!!! Another challenge at Just Magnolia.  We have a super sketch from Dawny.  




Here is what I did with it!

You can see I am having a lot of fun playing with the new LOTV circle sentiments that are coming out soon!  

I used an image from last year again because as I said before, they didn't get much use. ha ha!  I think she is very sweet.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Magnolia - Tilda as Christmas Angel and LOTV Circle Sentiments
Inks:  Distressed Inks
Paper:  Bo Bunny - Snowy Serenade
Tools:  Martha Stewart Border Punch, MS Pine Branch Punch, Sewing Machine
Embellies:  Curly Roses, White Cherry Blossoms that I painted with a combination of Aged Mahogany and Walnut to get the rich shade of red, tan pearls all from Wild Orchid Crafts.


I would love to answer any questions that you may have, but sometimes someone will ask me a question on the comments section and then it takes me a while to figure out where to answer if you do not have a craft related blog.  Please feel free to email me, that is always to best way to get a quick response from me.  I don't mind at all! I love chatting about crafting!!!!

That's about it for me today!  Thank you for coming by!  I really appreciate all the comments.  

Hugs, Dena


22 comments:

jolanda said...

hahaha Dena... yesterday after your post I went to Kylie's blog and I searched and searched but couldn't find it. Now I know why LOL.
Your card today is stunning as always!
hugs, jolanda

Anne said...

This is georgeus, looove the colors and embellishments! :)

Hugs. Anne.

Sol said...

This Card is the cutest! Lovely Tilda stamp is so cute! Great colouring too! :)

Pink lady said...

A georgeus Card!! Love the colors and beautiful decorations. Cute Tilda..great coloured:-)

Have a good weekend! Hugs Laila.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Dena - how do you do it! A fairly simple sketch taken to divine heights!
xXx

Autumn Mist said...

Beautiful card, I am dying to get my hands on some of those sentiments, they're fabulous.

Melanie-Jane said...

Hi Dena,

Once more a beautiful card. I love that stamp from Magnolia. And the new sentiments from LOTV are so pretty I can't wait to have them. Thank you so much for asking Kylie the share her aura technique. I'm going to have a try soon.
I wish you a great week-end.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Ebru - (April) said...

Lovely card !!

dolcreations said...

I so love your card Dena! Beautifully done again! I love how you did those stars...did you make those? I would LOVE to know how to do those!

charlene said...

Dena you card is beautiful ! Love the papers.
Hugs

Magali said...

I love the vintage look of your card, the papers are really gorgeous. And I just can't wait to see these circles sentiments in store !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

papirdilla said...

This is just stunning, Dena. Really beautiful vintage look, and I love it soooo much!!! I think this Tilda is adorable:) Really great work again.

Have a wonderful weekend:)

Big hugs,
Hanne

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Dena! I love the warm colors and that sentiment is beautiful! It's definitely on my wishlist! Have a great weekend!

Christina C. said...

You created another work of art!
This angel is magnificent...a beautiful vision to behold!

Barb said...

Oh Dena,
This is such a sweet card, love your the colors you selected for your papers and accents.
Thanks for sharing. Ü
Barb in Texas

Kim Y. said...

Gorgeous card! I adore your coloring!

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena!
Oh I sooooooooo luuuuuuurve this! The colours & those papers are so yummy. Love those stars too, where are they from? OMG I'm nearly bursting with excitement for the NEC. This time next week we'll be in the thick of it! Can't wait!
Hugs Hugs,
Andie xx

Tammi said...

Gorgeous, love the vintage feel and papers...those sentiments are amazing, def. have those on my list to get! ~hugs

Jorunn said...

Dena your card is absolutely amazing!!! Love the colors and your fabulous coloring!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

hugs,
Jorunn

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I love the non-traditional colours you have used on this card. It looks so vintage and just right for Christmases gone by. Sorry I'm not commenting on all of your posts - I am, as always, soooo behind in my comments! Warmest wishes, Lesley

RubyM:) said...

OH MY DEAR!!!! These color combos are so pretty.Yeah you know i'm drooling LOl!!!! Just gorgeous with those pretty flowers,RubYM:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails