Friday, October 1, 2010

Just Magnolia - Anything Goes!


Hello! Wow! we have been having some fantastic weather here! I know we are getting a little cool front again this weekend to keep the heat down.  I am loving it!  It's just not so humid.  Also, here in Texas, football is huge and I am currently working on that Mum that I told some of you about last year, so if I am not blogging quite as much, that is why.  Homecoming is next weekend and I am just starting on the mum. Yikes!
Anyhow, on to stamping!!! Just Magnolia is having their special monthly challenge of "Anything Goes".  For my project, I decided to do an ornament. It was really simple.  I wanted to use my new stamp from Magnolia-licious called Tilda with Amaryllis.  Now, I'm not sure what a Amaryllis is, but I need to look it up!
 
I used double sided DP and scored the lines every 1/2" and folded and it makes this nice little border.  The image has been embossed with iridescent embossing powder.  I don't think you can see that very well in this photo.  I just added a little remembrance message to the back and also embossed it. My poinsettias and gypsophila are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
 

I needed a special box to contain this gift, so this is what I made.  It is 1" deep.
Sorry the photo are kinda crumby!  I was having issues that day! ha ha! I hope you will want to join our challenge since it is such an EASY one!! ha ha!  The DT have come up with some cute stuff for inspiration!!!

Time to start working on that mum again! They are soooo involved.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by my blog today!!!

Hugs, Dena

25 comments:

Pati said...

Hi Dena

Hope all is fine with your family and yourself!
Congratulations on that ornament and the box. Ohhhh, this is such a stunning set. Love your colouring, the DP and also this cute Tilda. She looks so pretty. Amaryllis is a flower and is supposed to be the flower that Tilda holds in her hands. :-)

BIG hugs and have a nice weekend!
Take care
Pati

angelwhispers said...

Such a wonderful set Dena the colours are just so rich and perfect for christmas!!! Have a wonderful weekend Love Chanelle xx

Pink lady said...

Wow, such a stunning set!! Love your colouring:-) And beautiful with red, green and white for Christmas.

Have a great weekend! Injoy the nice weather too:-)
Hugs Laila.

Leonie said...

Love this gorgeous set!! Both the decoration and the giftbox are yummie :D :D.

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Leonie.

Lisette Morris said...

What a wonderful set! It's a definate MUST DO for me! Love it, love it!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Christina C. said...

Oh my word, this set is absolutely gorgeous. When I first saw this image, I wasn't sure I liked it, but you have changed my mind. With your coloring and showcasing, this Tilda is now a "favorite".

dolcreations said...

This set is gorgeous Dena! You coloured it beautifully! So glad you are having awesome weather! Fall is here that is for sure!!!!

Sassylassy said...

Hey Dena, What an awesome cute set. I love this stamp very cute! Hmm Amaryllis I'm not too sure what that is either but Tilda sure does display them beautifully. Your box is also gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration. Don't mind if I do enter the challenge LOL.
Hugs Bonnie

amanda stokes said...

wow this is stunning Dena!so beautiful
have a good weekend
hugs amanda xx

Pam S. said...

As soon as you look them up, you'll want some! guaranteed! lol Adorable Dena! love this Tilda with freckles! Wonderful ornament and card... awesome inspiration to use the medallion! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

charlene said...

Dena this is just so pretty ! I love how you have made your little ornament :) You have created an adorable little gift set.
Hugs

RubyM:) said...

OH Dena hands down your my ultimate favorite lol!!! I can't get enough visinting your blog lol! why do you think i'm always here lol! ???

OH MY SWEET WORD!! You doing this to me again.HOW FREAKIN GORGEOUS IS THIS!The sentiment on the tag is just perfect.You need to do your own magazine or something.I'M SERIOUS.UGHHHH THAT BOW IS BEYOND GORGEOUS!The coloring is amazing and the ornament is tooo pretty.Can you imagine a whole xmas tree with these ornaments!!! I SAY YOU DO IT LMBO!!!! COME EVERYBODY CHANT WITH ME!
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!! YOUR WORK IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE.I love it,RubyM:)

Anne said...

There are just georgeus!

Riet said...

So beautiful Dena,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Donalda said...

Oh hon, this is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!! I so love that ornament you made dear. Hugs

hikers said...

I really like the ornament idea. She's a cutie! Beautiful job of coloring. Myrna

Aussie Loz said...

love that little ornament and your box is just gorgeous!♥

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely stunning work Dena.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie Pamment said...

Aaaaaaah - gorgeous!
xXx

syllie said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous. Very beautiful colorcombo.
Hugs Sylvia

Sharon said...

Hi Dena,

This set is just beautiful. What a lovely gift to give at Christmas. I love the tag and gorgous bow on the gift box.

Sharon x

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

Hey hunny..such stunning work as always! Gorgeous images...now an amryllis is a gorgeous bulb you plant like now and then it is a gorgeous huge flower just in time for Christmas...very popular over here ! And as for Mum...you are going to have to explain that to me????

Hugs to you,
Judy xx

Angela said...

Oh how beautiful this set is! Such a sweet image - love those freckles!! ;) Beautiful coloring as always! What a fun ornament you made with Tilda - will look beautiful on the Christmas tree. Thanks for the inspiration, Dena! hugs, Angela

Julie said...

Dena - OMG!! Beautiful pair of makes!! The absolute epitome of Christmas. Juliexx

ellabella said...

I look over and over again to this beautiful card! So much to see on it, and the coloring is amazing!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails