Saturday, October 2, 2010

Whimsey Stamps Sneak Peek!


Ohhhhhh! Tomorrow is the big day!!! Whimsy Stamps will be having a super fun blog hop with all their new Christmas stamps being released.  whooooo hoooo!!! Let's go! There will be prizes, yes PRIZES, and lots of new stamping ideas.
Denise was so sweet to ask me to join them in the new release.  I am more than thrilled to show you this little guy by Crissy Armstrong.  Isn't he adorable??!!!

I decided to make a recipe card holder for this one.  I think it would also be so cute on one of those melamine plates, that you send in?  Have you seen those? We did them long ago.  I'm not even sure they are in business anymore.    Anyhow, back to the card.....
 
I colored him with distressed inks.  Mostly Aged Mahogony and Black Soot.  The apron is with a VERY light walnut.  I had to leave the glass white because that is milk for sure!!!  Here's the recipe inside:


       Aunt Becky’s Christmas Cookies

2 ¾ C. Flour                                         1 C. Sugar
1 Tsp. Baking Powder                     2 Eggs
½ Tsp. Salt                                           1 Tsp. Vanilla

Sift together first 3 ingredients and set aside.

Put ¾ C. soft butter or margarine in large bowl.

Beat – Sugar and margarine, then add eggs and vanilla
until light and fluffy.  Beat in flour mixture until smooth.

Chill for 1 hour or until firm.  Roll out a small amount of
 dough  at a time,  on a floured board to 1/8” thickness. 
Cut with cookie cutters.

Keep remaining dough in refrigerator until ready to use.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes on greased cookie
Sheet.

This is my SIL recipe that she brings to the family Christmas gathering.  There is a raid on her cookies for sure!

My papers are Bo Bunny and I used a new embossing folder by sizzix that has cute little holly berries all over it.  The poinsettia is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I added stickles to the MS Pine Branch Punch and around the circle.

I will be back tomorrow for the Whimsy Stamps blog hop Christmas release!! I hope you will join us, there are so many gorgeous stamps.

See you then!

Dena

16 comments:

Alizabethy said...

I love this card!

angelwhispers said...

Loving these new stamps just so perfect for christmas and your design is just beautiful!! Love Chanelle xx

Anne said...

This is so beautiful!
I love the way you have used the lace. :)

Hugs.

dolcreations said...

I always love trying out new recipes...thank-you for this one Dena! Your presentation is awesome! LOVE it Dena!!!

Pamela said...

Isn't he cute, love the slippers!

Pam x

Pink lady said...

A beautiful Christmas card!
Love this Santa, color kombo and lovely details:-)

Hugs Laila.

Patty said...

This is just so cute. I love the image and you have colored it perfectly. I love how the recipe is tucked in. What a special card to receive!

Little K Smith said...

A wonderful card Dena, a great Santa image, love his slippers! Gorgeous colours and the cookie recipe sounds yummy too!
Kelly.x

Sharon said...

Hi Dena,

Oh your Santa is just too cute! I love his fluffy bunny slippers :)
Such a gorgeous card!

Sharon x

Nelleke said...

A beautiful Christmas card Dena, your Santa is just to cute.
Hugs Nelleke

Angela said...

Oooo thanks for the yummy recipe!

Another beautiful card. Wow! Just love this new image from Whimsy and have I told you that your coloring is brilliant!? ;) Gorgeous work! hugs, Angela

Julie said...

How fab is this! Love this criss-cross design and yours is just divine!!! You've been so busy!!! Juliex

auntie lisa said...

Love your projects and what a perfect card to share a family favorite recipe. I am going to have to try these.....thanks for sharing!
Lisa

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the image. Those bunny slippers are too much. Love the lace and poinsettia.

AUSTINSGRAMM said...

Love your recipe holder. Love that stamp and thanks for the cookie recipe. Neat bonus..


tfs
bobbi

Tammi said...

I love recipe card holders and this is such a beautiful one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails