Thursday, November 4, 2010

LOTV Challenge - One for the Girls!

 
I  have pre-posted this challenge card today since, if all has gone well, I have landed in the UK!!

The new challenge at the LOTV Challenge Blog is "ONE FOR THE GIRLS".  Oh yes, that is a super easy one for these sweet images.  This is a new one from the Tea and Chat collection being released today at the NEC called "Hello Cupcake".

Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  LOTV - Hello Cupcake and Circle Sentiments
Inks:  Copics
Paper:  Papermania - Blueberry Hill
Tools:  MS Stamp around the page, MS Pine Branch Punch
Embellies:  Roses, Pearl Hearts, 3mm Flat backed pearls all from Wild Orchid Crafts, silver stickles

I have been seeing a lot of people using that ribbon technique behind the image, so I gave it a go but with much smaller ribbon so that it wouldn't take up so much room.  I will forewarn you though if you do this technique, use the larger ribbon.  It took me forever and a day to do all those little loops! whew! ha ha! I will rethink that next time.

Tomorrow Andie and I will be going to NEC.  Yippee! I'm so excited to meet the LOTV owners, Lisa and Laila and then fellow teamies, Jacqui and Bev.

This is an easy peasy challenge this week! Let's see what ya got!!!

Hugs, Dena

19 comments:

Kylie said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Dena this is so sweet! LOL re the ribbon though, its a bit fiddly hey? It suits the image perfectly though, which is soooooo cute!
Have a great trip away! Travel safe.
Hugs
Kylie

Alice said...

Love your card so much! All your blog is lovely!
Alice

Sharon said...

Your ribbon frame looks gorgeous Dean! Well worth the time spent :) Have a wonderful time in the UK.

Sharon x

Rica said...

Hi Dena, hope you're well huni!!
You'll be in the rain ridden UK now - so am I - wet through and through!! Don't buy everything up at the NEC save somethings for me and my BG teamies on Saturday.
Love your gorgeous card - so pretty, beautifully coloured adirabke image and stunning embellies. You have more patience than me using that narrow ribbon to create that beautiful border.

hugs Heather xx

Marja Sch said...

Such a wonderful card.The ribbon frame is gorgeous. Hugs Marja

Sassylassy said...

Hey Dena!
She is so adorable. She reminds me of my granddaughter with the big shoes and frilly dress. Very sweet and very girly. Your frame is wicked cool and I love the lace around the circle.
Hugs Bonnie

Tammi said...

Sweet as can be, just adorable!! Have a GREAT time!! ~hugs

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Janiel/ janny said...

very beautiful Dena!!! have fun!! be safe!
hugs, Janiel

Renkata said...

Sweet and cute card. The ribbon around the image is FAB idea.

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous Dena!

Suze said...

Oohh what a sweety Dena, sweet colors and the image is so Adorabel.

Hugs Suze XXX

Vicka M said...

It is beautiful! I can not believe that you did that ribbon technic and spent so much time on it! But it looks so beautiful!!! Have a wonderful time in UK!

Anita said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous.

Juls said...

OH WOW!!!! this is just utterly gorgeous! Hugs Juls

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable! I hope you're having fun!

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness your cards are always beautiful....have a good time I wished that I was going too.
Hugs from Texas
Linda W.

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful cute card Dena. Hope you've arrived safely and enjoy your time here in the UK.
luv
Debby

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, girl, this card is STUNNING......love the ribbon border!
Your cards just keep getting better and better!!!! Amazing work!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails