Monday, November 29, 2010

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!

My company is all gone now. It was nice having my brother around for a few days.  It's time to start decorating the house for Christmas. Do you guys all start this early?  I like to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I can enjoy it as long as I can!!! 

I did manage a card while my brother was here.  I sneaked a little crafting here and there.  The one I am showing you today is for the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge.  Our theme this week is "A Victorian or Old Fashioned Christmas"!  


I couldn't resist using these Webster's Pages, Waiting for Santa.  When I think of a Victorian style, I think of large, deep red, roses! How perfect for our challenge!  The cutie stamp is by Lili of the Valley and is called "All Wrapped Up".  I colored her with distressed inks, mostly Aged Mahogany.  My flowers are the 40mm Tea Rose (painted with Aged Mahogany), Olive Cherry Blossoms and  Rosebuds (painted with Aged Mohagony) all from Wild Orchid Crafts along with the pretty flat backed pearls.  The border around her is my Martha Stewart border punch called Vintage Floral and the leaf is a Magnolia die.

I love this style and you will love what all the DT have done with it!!! 

Thank you so much for all your sweet comments!  I appreciate each an every one of them!!!!!

Hugs, Dena



25 comments:

Kylie said...

Stunning Dena!! Love the Websters, and those flowers!! Wow!
Hugs Kylie xx

Sharon Keanly said...

Wow, this is stunning Dena, thanks for sharing. Love those rich reds. hugs Sharon

Margo said...

What a wonderful beautiful cute card.

hugs, Margo.

Ageeth Holster said...

Hi Dena, your card is so beautiful I love the style with the flowers and the nice warm colours. Beautiful made.
Have a nice day and enjoy your decorating!!!!! I will start next weekend.
Ageeth

debby4000 said...

Adorable, cute card Dena, its gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Marley said...

Beautiful card Dena! love the design papers and the image is awesome.. love that frame around the image too! Stunning xx Marley

Astrid said...

Beautiful card Dena, Wow.
Hugs Astrid

Frea said...

Hi Dena, lovely card!! I love those oldfashioned looking images don't you?! Love the border around your image. You don't mention it in your description of the card, is that a die?? Greetz, Frea

Crafty Chris said...

Dena this is just stunning def has the victorian feel.
Chris x

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card!!!

dolcreations said...

Unbelievable Dena...this just takes your breath away! I love that paper and the flowers....WOW....the colouring...WOW! You have truly made a masterpiece! I wish I was on your christmas card list!LOL

Kristel said...

A gorgeous card Dena! Looks fabulous!
Hugs Kristel

Louise said...

Beautiful card Dena, love the layout

lil-paper-pixie said...

So adorable Dena, love that DSP.X

Pink lady said...

A gorgeous card, Dena!! Lovely image and beautiful papers/decorations:-)
I like to decorate my house for Christmas December th 1...enjoy it as long as I can:-) My favorite time of the year!!

Hugs Laila.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Marijke said...

GORGEOUS!!!
Greetings,
Marijke

Marijke said...

GORGEOUS!!!
Greetings,
Marijke

Juls said...

awhhh...love the vintage feel to this and the gorgeous rich colours! Hugs Juls

Niki Estes said...

Just beautiful, Dena!

Louise said...

WOW! This is just so stunning :) LOVE those patterned papers and the flowers..and your coloring :)
Beautiful, hun :)
Hugs

Grenouille Greetings said...

As usual - I am behind with my commenting. As usual - you have been creating beautiful makes ALL of which deserve a comment but... As usual, I'm just whizzing by. I do love them all though! And this vintage one is DEEEEEvine! Hugs, Lesley

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Wow, amazing as always Dena. Your colouring is just incredible.

Hope you are keeping well ?

Take care and big huggles,

Jo xxx

Julie said...

Wow, Dena - awesome!! Perfectly vintage and I'm loving how you've done the border frame!! Perfect as always!! Juliexx

Tammi said...

*gasp* wowza girl this is a stunner!! I love the vintage look, and yes, that paper is perfect for it, BEAUTIFUL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails