Monday, December 13, 2010

Wild Orchid Crafts - Pink, Silver, and White


Well, hello there! How was your weekend?  Mine was very, very busy, but lots of fun! The party for my brother in law went well and he was very surprised yay!
So today we have a color challenge for Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog.  The colors are Pink, Silver, and White.  Oh, I loooooove these colors together.  The silver gives it a little chill for winter.  So here is how I made my card:
I took some pink paper and sanded it to give it some charm and then white embossed the snowflakes from the Magnolia Winter kit to create a background.  I stitched the edge with silver thread and added my Guipure Lace from Wild Orchid Crafts and attached a snowflake from Hobby Lobby and added the gorgeous Hellebores and pink roses on top.  The sprigs are my Martha Stewart Pine Branch punch.  I used distressed inks to color Tilda.  Now to make the large scallop I cut a design from my Storybook Cricut cartridge then glued that to my card so that it overhung a bit.  The sentiment is an LOTV Circle Sentiment stamp just cut down a bit.


This challenge will run through January 3rd, so you have plenty of time.  I bet we get the most gorgeous entries! Be sure to have a look at all the DT's work.  They are amazing as usual!

Have a great day and thank you for stopping by!

Hugs, Dena

25 comments:

Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always Dena!! You never cease to amaze me with your talent, you are by far one of the most inspirational crafters, I just luv your work! Glad to hear your BIL's party went off well. Lotsa luv xxxx

Ageeth Holster said...

Hi Dena, again a amazing card! Nice pink and beautiful designed.
Have a nice day, Ageeth x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!

Kylie said...

Wow Dena! Your card is just gorgeous!! I love the scallop, gotta love the Cricut :)
Glad your BIL's party went well!
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs
Kylie xx

Liza said...

A stunning card Dena, I love the colour combo and how you made your DP.... just gorgeous.

Liza x

Kristel said...

A really gorgeous card Dena!!
Hugs Kristel

Marlies said...

Hi Dena,
what a lovely sweet card you have made. You always make such gorgeous cards. I wish I had your talent.

Marlies

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Dena, this is stunningly beautiful, hugs Liz xx

Vicky McClean said...

WOW Dena!!! I love this card........infact i will go as far to say that it is my favourite out of all your wonderful creations and that's a massive feat, as your cards are stunningly beautiful everytime you make one! I am going to partake in this challenge myself as i have never done a blog challenge ever and thought that the colour combo was a great theme, so i thought i would give it a whirl............stunning card as ever, love it,
Hugs Vick xxxx
p.s Have a great Christmas to you and your family, maybe one day you will follow my blog also, maybe take a look?? it is http://the-artful-codger.blogspot.com, hope to see you there sometime xx

dolcreations said...

Dena I am such a pink girl...I LOVE this card! The white embossed snowflakes are such a great idea and really very pretty! It is always such a treat to come and see what you have created! Glad to hear your BIL's party went well! Have a wonderful day....

Astrid said...

Gorgeous Card Dena, very very lovely.
Hugs Astrid

Shazza said...

very beautiful card Dena x

Judi said...

Another STUNNING card, Dena! Love it.

Judi xx

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is beautiful!

Cardcorner by Yvonne said...

Such a gorgeous card, so wonderful!!
hugs Yvonne

Anne said...

This is so beautiful, I love the scalloped edges and georgeus colors. :)

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Dena nearly everytime I come to visit you I lose my heart to your stunning creations, this is no exception, Tilda looks wonderful so does the paper. lace and flowers, amazing work as always.
hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

stampinfrog said...

Dena your card is so stunning!Love the color combo and all of the details!
Hugs,Connie

Shelby Goolsby said...

Such a sweet card! You did such a great job with the colors and pretty embellishments. Hugs, Shelby

Teri said...

Again, another absolutely beautiful creation!!!! I love this color combination!!! And I love your work!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Pink lady said...

Gorgeous card, Dena!! Lovely Tilda in beautiful colors:-) Love the layout!!
Have a great week!!
Hugs Laila.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lovin your lace and snowflake design, Dena. Tilda looks sooo cute in pink amongst the flowers! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Christina C. said...

Your work always amazes me....you are an incredibly talented artist!!!!

Juls said...

sooooooooo beautiful! Hugs Juls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails