Monday, January 17, 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge - Let's Get Sentimental!

Hello my blogging friends!  Today Wild Orchid has a new challenge for you and the theme is 'Let's Get Sentimental".  All that means is use a sentiment with your card!  

We have two fab prizes up for grabs. The prize from Wild Orchid Crafts is 27 x 5 metre bundles of Seam Binding (one in each color) plus some beautiful  blooms, and Lili of the Valley are also sponsoring this week with a £10 voucher!!

My card today features the super cute Simply Sassy -Little Light of Mine from Sugar Nellie! The new sentiments from Lili of the Valley worked perfectly with her and her little candle I thought!
I colored this little cutie with distressed inks and the papers are from K&Co. called Classic K Bailey.  I used the adorable sketch from the Sugar Bowl, so I will be entering my card there.  Yippee! I'm entering a challenge!!!

I sewed all the edges and used my Magnolia swirl doohickey.

 I used the Lt. mocha Curly Wild Rose in the center with the 10mm lt. mocha open rose , 15mm cream open rose, 20 mm lt. mocha rose.  The leaves are an MS Pine Branch punch.

I would also like to let you know about all the wonderful new products that Wild Orchid Crafts will be carrying.  Be watching the website for these products:

  New colour hellebores, poppies and flat gardenias  (Yippee!!!!)
New Trellis Roses (OMG these are amazing) 
  The roses are coming in the soft muted vintage colours 
 Seam binding!!!  Will be in stock in the next few days.
    25mm Satin ribbon ... soon
  Gingham ribbon .... sooner than soon

EEEEEEK!!!! Do you see why I am so excited???!! They just keep coming out with the most fantastic things!!!
These are the new Trellis Roses!!!! Gorgeous!!!

Thank you for stopping by today!! I actually have a "free" card that I did just for the fun of it to show you tomorrow, so come back and visit!

hugs, Dena




25 comments:

Lena Katrine said...

Morning sweetie!
Just another stunner of a card! I totally love your colouring, sweetie, and the card looks just smashing with the beautiful papers, colours and details!

Have a lovely day!
Hugs, Lena

Sharon Keanly said...

Hi Dena, thanks for popping by for a visit the other day... I just love this card you're showcasing. It is absolutely STUNNING. Love everything about. Thanks for the inspiration, hugs Sharon x

Silvie Z said...

wow, wow, wow Dena! This card is fantastic! Love the colors so much! The DPs are a delish and oh my, those new flowers are gorgeous! Every single card you make is an absolute stunner! Love so much your work!
Have a wonderful day!
hugs,
Silvie
xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

What a fantastic card. Really stunning!!!! Also the colours and the roses.
greetings Marja

Kristel said...

A really stunning card Dena! Woww this looks gorgeous!
Hugs Kristel

Margo said...

This card is so gorgeous, beautiful !
I love this !

Hugs, Margo.

Renkata said...

wow Dena I just love the DP , look like hand made lace, so pretty.

Maria Therese said...

Simply gorgeous sweetie!!!

Michele Spera said...

Oh My These colors just "pop" Love them all together and the spray of flowers and swirl are perfect:-) Love it
XMicheleX

Juls said...

beautiful! as always your colouring is amazing...love the gorgoeus rich colours and your floral detail is just perfect! Hugs Juls

mar1ene said...

Beyond gorgeous Dena, love those colours and romantic feel to your card!
Hugs, Marlene x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful Dena. It was seeing your stunning colouring of these images that encouraged Julie and I to fall in love with them. Your pallette is gorgeous. Love the big bow and stunning flowers and the swirl. And speaking of birthdays...mine is this coming Saturday and I'm rather hoping to get this little cutie. She's on my list! Hugs, Lesley

Louise said...

WOW Dena! This is sooo cute :) The simply sassy girl is adorable :) I love it when you create in red!! :D
Stunning flowercomposition :)
Hugs

Anne said...

This is a georgeus card, Dena!
I love the red and beige-brown colors, and the soft shapes. :)

My God those roses are pretty, I really need those! ;)

Have a nice day.
Hugs, Anne.

dolcreations said...

Dena...you provide so much inspiration with each and every post! Your colour choices are so pretty, each and every card! I just love the flower arrangement and the paper! Beautiful Dena!

Fiona said...

wow Dena....your work is amazing!! Gorgeous card...love it!!

Fi
x

Leonie said...

Really like your card a looooot!! The sentiment and the cute stamp are just made for eachother.
Beautiful papers, colouring and yummie embellies :D :D :D
Those roses are definitely going to be an addiction, just needed an extra one *lol*.

Hugs,
Leonie.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Dena,
I'm getting confused between e-mailing & commenting. While I've been admiring all your gorgeousness on your DT sites, but not been by to tell you how wonderful it all truly is. It's just awesome!!! Especially love this Sassy girl. I've not inked her up yet. I must give her some love & attention asap. Hope you're keeping well.
Huge Hugs,
Andie xx

Elaine said...

Another stunning card Dena.
The sentiment is perfect with this Sassy image...I must remember this for future use!
Your colouring is awesome...when I grow up I want to colour just like you!
Teach me your ways Oh great one hahaha! Boy, you made me laugh when I read that!

Take care
Love Elaine xxx

Julie said...

Hiya Dena!! Awesome card, - great colour scheme and the flowers are blooming gorgeous!! Just been looking at these girlies to see which other ones I can buy - can you believe it!! Re your question on the heart nestie on my card - I cut out one with my Bug, then drew round the outer edge of the same die and cut it out by hand to get the border - easy!! Loads of love from wet and windy London! Juliexx

kasthurirajam said...

nice..............

stampinfrog said...

Stunning card Dena!Love the papers and the image is colored to perfection!
Hugs,Connie

debby4000 said...

Stunning Dena.
luv
Debby

Michele said...

Stunning card Dena. Gorgeous colouring of the image and gorgeous details also. Hugs Michele x

Tammi said...

Dena your killing me with all this gorgeousness on one blog! Another beauty, LOVE your details, amazing card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails