Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Distress Inks Video Tutorial Part I

Well, I have had intentions of making this video for a while now, but just got around to working out some details.  I had to split it into smaller videos so this first one is on skin tones.  I will try and get the other done by tomorrow.   I hope you enjoy it and if you have any more questions after you watch, please email me.  Please forgive me being an  amateur!! My son was trying to help me make it better, but I just didn't listen haha!  Rambo is busy barking in the background at the squirrels outside in the tree. haha!

My image I used is a Lili of the Valley image called "Rosie Posey".

Part I - Skin Tones with Distress Inks



This video from blogger is extremely fuzzy.  I put one on YouTube and it is a little clearer and it is HERE!

Thank you for watching!

Hugs, Dena

14 comments:

Beth S said...

Hi Dena... I've always wondered how to do this distress inks. Thanks for sharing. Great tutorial.

Dot said...

Thank you for sharing Dena. I look forward till tomorrow.
Hugs Dorte

Shazza said...

thansk Dena, that was great
x

Angela said...

Wonderful tutorial Dena! You make it look so easy! I will have to give it a try! Can I ask where you buy the Stratmore papers?

hugs, Angela

Julie said...

Hi there Dena!! Just watched it and it was brill - loved seeing you at work and I loved Rambo's imput!! Can't wait for the next installment, hugs Juliexx

Pink lady said...

Thanks for sharing your paint tips with distress inks:-) I`m gone try it very soon! Only colored my images with promakers so far.

Hugs Laila.

Shirley N said...

Wonderful video Dena, look forward to seeing more!

dolcreations said...

Dena you have helped out considerably! Thank-you so much for taking the time to do this! Where do you buy your watercolour paper.I have tried Michaels...no such luck, and I have tried different brands but they pill a little! I look forward to the next video!

Elaine said...

Fabulous Dena!
Very, very interesting and informative, watched parts 1 and 2 and now waiting for the next one.
Do you use the ink pads or the re-inkers?
I only colour with DI's and I do it totally differently, so I'm going to try and do it your way next time.

Love Elaine xx

maxine said...

A great tutorial thanks Dena x

Rachael said...

Iv always wanted to try using DIs to colour but have never known where to start but now I do! Fab tutorial thanks :)
Rach xx

Tracy said...

It was a brilliant tutorial Dena, looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

sueincanada said...

Great tutorial. You have inspired me to try distressed inks again.

arjette said...

Hi hi,

I've looked at your video on youtube, it's great!!! I normaly color with copics but I want to learn how to color with distress so I can do something different. Thanks!!! I'm looking forward to your video tomorrow.

gr. arjette.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails