Sunday, February 20, 2011

Easter Basket Tutorial!

I wanted to show you guys a little idea that I had for a fun Easter basket! Now, believe it or not I did not do any stamping, but how cute would those tiny little Tildas look with this basket? I got the idea from my Grandmaw.  She made a basket for me and my brother when we were little and I passed my basket on to my daughter because it is soooo cute.  Anyhow, I made a mini version of it and this is what I wanted to show you today! I hope you enjoy it!

 You will need to start with 2 ovals and 1 strip of paper 12"x 2 1/2" scored at 1/2" mark, and a strip 12" x 1".  The ovals need to be small enough for the 12" strip to go around.  Snip the scored section ever so often and add adhesive tape to the oval.
 
Start attaching the long strip to the oval like so.  This what the base will look like.




Cut 4 strips of tulle about 1 1/2" wide and long enough to gather. My strips were 10' long and I doubled them to make them 5' to sew.  Sew down the middle of 3 of the strips and gather to 12" long each.

Star attaching the strips of gathered tulle to the basket.  For this I used hot glue because you need it to hold pretty quickly.  Glue all three strips of tulle onto the basket.



Add the handle and the other oval to the inside to cover up the bottom.  Take the 4th strip of tulle doubled and start wrapping around the handle until the handle is covered.
 Now the fun part begins with adding the gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts!!  I added the 25mm Two Tone Baby pink Wild Roses, 15mm open roses and 6mm Rosebud along with White Heather Stems and Pink Tulip Vintage Seam Binding
 For this yellow "boy" basket I went with the Yellow Daffodils which were sooooo perfect for Easter!!! I also added in some orange 15mm open roses.  

I am so excited about how these turned out.  Here is the photo of my Easter basket with my daughter Alyssa when she was 18 months old!  Same idea just a lot larger version.  My Grandmaw was so crafty!!!!! She actually added plastic flowers to the side with a tiny stuffed bunny and bow.  I have to say my flowers are a ton better than what she had to work with 40 some odd years ago haha!


Thank you for checking out my blog today!  I hope you might want to try one of these.  All I ask is that you give me credit if you make one.  I rarely say that, but this has major sentimental value for me.

Hugs, Dena

32 comments:

Chrissy said...

This is soooo Beautiful. I want one...no I need one sooo bad.It's absolutely adorable.I'm definately going to try this for my Gkids for easter. Thankyou so much for sharing.FANTASTIC and so easy-ish.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie Thomas said...

Dena, these are just gorgoeus. You've done a fantastic job. What special memories you have with your Grandmaw. Love them. Hugs xo Jackie

Margaret said...

They are so soft and girly, love them!!
Margaret

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Dena, this is so adorable. What a cute baskets. What a lovely grandma you had making this basket for you. Great photo with a wonderful memory.
hugs Yvonne

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

WOW, such a gorgeeous basket, love love love it - so cute :) thanks for sharing the tut with us.
Hugs, Anja

paola said...

I TOTALLY LOVE THESE, we dont do easter, but i think my girls would just love a basket each so will be trying this one out SOON! TFS
smiles
Paola

kitty said...

Hi What a wonderful creation your granny would be so proud thanks for the tutorial. Kitty :)

Jodie from Oz said...

Dena, Omg, these are amazing, so sweet with all that lush tulle, these little baskets full of chocolate are perfect & would top all little girls wish list. You are so creative, love them. Hugs Jodue from Oz xx

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous baskets! What a talented Grandma!
Helen x

Louise said...

WOW Dena!
These are truly adorable! :) And I love to read the idea behind what you made, your grandma must have been an amazing woman :) I can understand your fascination for them, the card of you holding it is sooo cute!

THANK´S a lot for your amazing tutorial, I´ll definately try doing one of these. Stunning work!
Hugs

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Waw Dena this is fabulous. What a cute basket. And a lovely memories to you grandma.
Hugs Marja

Pink lady said...

Lovely pink and yellow baskets!!
So fun that you had the ide from you grandma:-) Cute picture of your daughter.
Thanks for sharing:-)

Have a great week! Hugs Laila.

Tiets said...

thanks for the tutoial, your basket is stunning!
hugs Tiets

Leonie said...

These baskets are so so cute!! Drewling all over my laptop now, thank you very much ;-)haha.
Lovely picture of your little girl with the bigger basket. Her dress and shoes are sooo cute.

Hugs,
Leonie.

MichelleMyBelle said...

such a cute basket, thanks for sharing the tut.

Sassylassy said...

Oh my dear how absolutely adorable! I love the pic of your daughter thank you for sharing. Sounds like the creative apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Love Bonnie

dolcreations said...

I want one too......
Look at your little one, so proud of her easter basket! She is too cute.Her little socks match the frill on the basket! Dena..you work such magic with your projects! I must say ADORABLE! Your grandma would love it.Thank-you for sharing this wonderful project.

Debra G Smith said...

These are just absolutely beautiful. Thanks you for sharing this with us...and the cute picture of your daughter.

Teri said...

Dena, HOW cute are these?????!!!!! I am going to try to make one for my granddaughter!!! And what a special keepsake you have from your Grandma!!! I love those kind of things!
Hugs,
Teri
Thanks so much for sharing the directions with us!!!!!!

Sue said...

Oh wow! These are gorgeous! So beautiful with that tulle. I will definitely have to get some tulle and have a go at these.

Hugs Sue xx

Linda Palmer said...

Awesome baskets. They are both so beautiful and love the use of the tulle on them.

Renkata said...

hihih this basket put such a smile on my face, it's so cute.

angelwhispers said...

Just beautiful and such a pretty colour! Chanelle xxx

Angela said...

Awe that photo is adorable Dena! Awesome easter basket - thanks for the tutorial! So perfect for Easter! hugs, Angela

Tanja E. said...

Sooo beautiful!!!!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

so pretty, just love your baskets, the yellow perfect for an Easter egg hunt.
clever you and clever Granmaw. janex

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

((raising my hand)) I WANT ONE PLEASE!Well i mean i want to do one too!!!!

Dena your girl looks so adorable :)

TFS this awsome creation and the tute.I will be doing it and i will be letting you know when i post it lol!Certainly will give you all the credit.Are you crazy the whole blogging world will jump me if i didn't lol!!!!! No but seriously you are so generous to share with us such sentimental creation. LOVE YA HUN,Ruby♥

Grenouille Greetings said...

THREE gorgeous baskets, Dena (including the large one held by your daughter all those years ago). Fabby tutorial too! Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs, Lesley

Tammi said...

Thanks for sharing, they are gorgeous! A sweet picture of your daughter, where does the time go!

Juls said...

wow these are just amazing!!! so creative! Hugs Juls

Laura Major (Learning Is Child's Play) said...

Oh MY Goodness! This is the cutest basket ever! I'm going to share it with my peeps on fb! Here is the link if you'd like to pop over sometime:
http://www.facebook.com/LearningIsChildsPlay
Thanks!

Linda said...

Wow thanks for your help and I love your blog and tutorials!!!!!
I am gooing to try it!!!!! And I am a new follower!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails