Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar Challenge


It's Friday and that means it's time for another challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar (gosh that's a mouth full hahah!)  This time around the design team wanted to see what you could do with this wonderful sketch by Mina:

You know, when I looked at the circle and was trying to find a cute sitting Tilda, I came across this one called Fairytale Tilda and I saw her on the 7 Kids College Fund site.  Oh, I still love her soooo much.  That Fairytale collection is tooooooo cute! So I am so pleased to use a stamp more than once haha!  The LOTV sentiment seemed to go along with her perfectly!  I colored her in copics and the papers are a mismatch of MME and Papermania. 

Awe! Here she is in all her glory; glitter and all.  You can see I used another Crealies border no. 11 around the circle.  These are just so much more fun than my scallop nesties.  

Beautiful small flat gardenias, open roses and crystal chandeliers all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I like these chandeliers soooo much better than some other brands because they are not as bulky.  They are on a thin wire that is easy to work with.  The baby pink rhinestones in the corner are also from Wild Orchid Crafts.

 **************************

I had a great week this week!  I was in the top 3 at the Teddy Bo Challenge and 7 Kids College Fund.  Thank you to all the design team members of these challenge for choosing my cards.  I am over-the-top thrilled!
**************************

On a not so happy note,  I have to have a root canal today! Yikes!!! I do not like going to the dentist at all.  She has had to give me something to calm my nerves before I go in.  Let's just hope all goes ok.

Have a wonderful day everyone!  I hope you will be able to join our challenge!

Hugs, Dena

27 comments:

Chrissy said...

SO BEAUTIFUL...the colours are gorgeous,and she is such a sweet thing.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Squirrel x said...

Stunning Dena! There is no other word for it, such beautiful work hun, really inspiring. Would love just a tiny fraction of your skills! Hope all goes well at the dentist sweetie, will be thinking of you (I had to be knocked out completely last time I was so nervous) and you'll feel so much better once it's all over. Hugs, Sxx

Jules said...

Hi Dena

What a stunning creation .. .. great use of that lovely sketch.

Love all of your lovely details and that border is beautiful.

Love Jules xx

Rach said...

Dena this is a stunning card hun, so pretty,xx

Astrid said...

Hi Dena, this is a lovely pinky one.
Great
Hugs Astrid

Rachael said...

Love the pinks and so beautifully coloured!
Im not that keen on the dentist either - everytime I go it seems like there is something else wrong with me!! Hope everything goes alright :)
Rach xx

Molecraft said...

Stunning! Love it! Good luck at the dentist!
Helen x

Debbie said...

Oh Dena, this is so so sweet. And congrats on you "Top Three" How can you not win your cards are just gorgeous...

As for your root canal. Good Luck. I've had a few, if this is your first, it is not as bad as you think it is, just sounds bad.

Feel Better
Hugs
Debbie

Teri said...

Good morning, Dena! Oh, your card is just so precious!!! Love those papers!! Someone sent me that image, but it was so poorly stamped that I just like to look at it instead of coloring it!!! LOL! I hate the dentist!!! And we have 5 of them in the family!!! I don't go to any of them!!! LOL!!!To be fair, most are out of state...heeehhhee!! Good luck!
Hugs,
Teri

Marlies said...

Gorgeous card Dena, She will be dreaming of her prince I hope....
Congratulations on your top 3! Well deserved!
hugs, Marlies

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card Dena!! Your coloring is beautiful. Congrats on getting the top three and I hope your dentist appointment goes well. I don't like going to the dentist either!
hugs,
Shell

Maria Therese said...

Wow gorgeous!!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. Love the edging around Tilda, just a beautiful design and card.

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, Dena this is stunning!!!
have a wonderful weekend.
hugs Yvonne

Monique said...

Beautiful card.. Love the papers, round sentiment, flowers, circle border..oh heck I love it all :)

dolcreations said...

Oh this one just makes you melt!Love that image with that adorable border around the edge. Congratulations on your top 3...well deserved!

kaylou said...

super gorgeous again Hun,love it.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Frea said...

Hi Dena, love your card and yes the Crealies die is just marvelous! HUgs, Frea

Angela said...

What a pretty card Dena! So sweet with the lace and pink flowers! Your coloring is always fabulous my friend! hugs, Angela

MichelleMyBelle said...

beautiful card, love the doily element

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Dena :)

Wow, thanks so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.

Your card is gorgeous - it has such a beautiful summery feel to it. I love how you frame your circles and ovals with punches it looks amazing.

Beautiful details and very inspirational.

Have a great weekend,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Tab said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie! Loving the image, so cute and the colours are yummy! She is one of my faves too.
Hope the root canel goes ok for you.
Hugs Tab xxx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Dena, so pretty and beautifully embellished. I've had several route canals some recently so hope all went well. I don't think its that bad as long as your numbed up!
Clairexx

Mina said...

wow Dena you used my sketch just perfectly but then you always so...isnt it amazing what stamps we forget we have...lush wor as always
Mina xxx

Julie said...

Another beyond pretty card, Dena!! Loved this sketch and your card is a beauty! Great flowers and colours again1! Juliexx

Debbie Pamment said...

Hiya gorgeous - apologies for not visiting for sooooo long - am trying my bestest to catch up on all of your GORGEOUS work! And as alway everything is DIVINE!!!! This one is full of serenity - such a calm and peaceful card - much like I imagine YOU being ;)
xXx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've just finished my card for this challenge, Dena, but it's too dark to photograph it now. It's a great sketch, isn't it.
Lovely image, lovely papers, beautiful colouring and perfect embellishments. Love it! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails