Thursday, February 17, 2011

LOTV Challenge and A Blog Award!!

Time for a new Lili of the Valley Challenge!  We want to see your FAVORITE COLOR COMBINATION this week!

I am soooo in the mood for Spring/Easter!!! I chose the colors yellow and blue.  I have waaaay too many color combos that I love, but this one took my fancy this time! haha and look at these CUTE bunnies!!! OMG! They are precious!  They are called " Bunnies In Love" and I colored them with copics.  You can find them at the Lili of the Valley store.
 I gave him a fluffy tail with some Fun Flock and sewed around all the edges and added my Crealies Border again.  I had someone ask me exactly how I did the border on one of my cards and thought I would go ahead and show you with some photos.  I got the idea from Norma who did this some time last year.  

First: punch border and cut slits ever so often.  You have to play with the different designs to see where is the best place to cut them.  I cut into every large loop.

 Next:  Add some adhesive to the back of your shape and start attaching the border by overlapping slightly with each piece that has been slit.
 When I am attaching the border I am watching the front of the shape to find the proper placement and place each section in about the same place on the shape so that you don't get a wavy, wonky look.
That's it!!! Easy!


I added my Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and pearl sprays, a feather, some small retro punch flowers with liquid pearls in the center and a MS Pine Branch Punch. 

I used the great sketch at Sketch and Stash so I will be entering it there!

************************
Now, for my sweet award from Rachael!  Thanks so much Rachael I am thrilled that you have given me this. How very thoughtful of you!!! She has some absolutely adorable LOTV cards on her blog that you need to see!!!
I have to say that I wasn't exactly sure what "Liebster" was so I looked it up and from what I can see it is a German word meaning "boyfriend, sweetheart", so it is a sweetheart award! AWE! If it means something else, please do tell! haha!


Well, that's about it for me today!  Thanks again for your encouraging words and for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

Dena

34 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Another stunning card Dena, love those bunnies! Thanks for sharing the border tip too - so clever. Think I will have a tough time choosing a colour combo for this week! Hugs, Sxx

Molecraft said...

Stunning card, love the colour combo and your colouring is fab! thanks for the tutorial too!
Helen x

Nina said...

I love the colours! Hugs Nina

Ageeth Holster said...

Hi Dena, what a beauty is your card! Love the colours, fab combination and like the flower paper so much! Its a lovely card.
Great that oval with the punch.
Hugs Ageeth x

Chrissy said...

Very sweet ,gorgeous card, love those little bunnies, and your colours are fabulous. Thanks for the tip on the border.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Kristel said...

Wowww Dena that is a beautiful card dear! Looks so fabulous!
Hugs Kristel

jolanda said...

This is sooooo sweet!! I love the soft colors and the color of the flowers fit so well!
I think Liebster blog means the same as sweetest blog. ;-)
hugs, jolanda

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

A stunning card Dena with the bunnies. A beautiful tip of the border, thank you.

Gr. Marja

Marlies said...

Beautiful card Dena, such a super cute image. Gorgeous colours.
Thanks for the tutorial.
hugs, Marlies

Tanya said...

Another gorgeous card, and super sweet image. Always love your coloring and loving the color combo.

cebelica said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tip on how to add border!

Lisette Morris said...

What a sweet card! The bunnies look so soft and fluffy! SO precious!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card and adorable stamp!

Sue said...

Ooh gorgeous card. I love those bunnies! especially the fluffy tail! Beautiful colours and flowers.

Thanks for sharing the border tip. I would never have dreamed of doing that, what a fantastic tip.

Hugs Sue xx

Steph said...

What a stunning card! It's so pretty, I really love the colours x

Debra G Smith said...

Dena...I am so ready for spring too. I love this card. You always share the neatest idea's with us.

ellabella said...

What a fabulously inspiring project Dena - thank you so much for sharing it with us :o)
Janine

Gerrittina said...

What a lovely card. A bit like eastern! Thank you for this tutorial. I had no idea it would be like this.

Gerrittina

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

oh, love those bunnies! your card is so beautiful.
hugs Yvonne

Louise said...

Hi there Dena!!
I have missed out on so much here I can see now...:(
But...that means I have some catching up to do and that suits me just fine. :) I love to come here and leave again fully loaded with inspiration! :D
Thank´s for the minitut about how you can use punches and create new dies ;) STUNNING!

The same goes for your new LOTV card :) It´s so stunning! I love the soft colors you have chosen for your yellow and blue combo. I´m just going to have to enter this challenge! Love your flowers and coloring :)

HUGS

Randi Th. said...

Beautiful card!!! A beautiful tip of the border, thank you.

Hugs

Grenouille Greetings said...

I adore your card, Dena. Those bunnies are so cute and your colour combo is pure picnic; sky blue with soft butter on freshly baked white bread! Amazing stitching and thank you for sharing your border tutorial. What a treat! Hugs, Lesley

kaylou said...

Super cute again Hun and such beautifully soft colours. Love your edging idea too.
Hugs Kaylou xx

dolcreations said...

You have done it again..totally got the wow thing going on. The image, the flowers, the stiching,the border..oh you do it all so well!

kitty said...

Hi Have to buy this stamp is so very sweet. The tail is brilliant ! Thanks for sharing the wee tutorial ! Will be trying that one ! Kitty :)

Nela said...

Beautiful Card! I love the colors and the bunnies!
Hugs Nela

Tammi said...

Adorable, love the soft colors and fabulous frame, fantastic as always!

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is simply adorable! I love the fresh spring colors!

Lizzy xx said...

Stunning card Dena ..such a sweet image ~ Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash ...good luck!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! I luv the soft colouring. Fab punch border. Who makes the punch border? It's so pretty.

xoxo,
Lori

Julie said...

Stunning card, Dena!! Fabulous image and beautiful colouring!! Great flowers and love your frame edging too!! Big hugs and thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this time around, Juliexx

Juls said...

this is so sweet!!! I love the soft spring colours! Hugs Juls

kuya said...

Hi Dena, I just found your blog and am reading my way backwards. Your cards are just stunning. Amazing work.

I decided to leave a comment on this post in particular, because you were wondering what "Liebster Blog" meant and I though since I am German, I could help you out. It means "(most) favourite blog" basically. (But you are right, used as a noun "Liebster" would mean boyfriend or sweetheart. The female version would be "Liebste".)

~ Heike

LouDotMac said...

What a cute card, and a genius technique, thank you for sharing!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails