Thursday, February 24, 2011

LOTV Challenge Sneak Peak and Colour Create!

Thank you so much for coming by my blog today! 

I'm going to apologize straight away about the quality of these photos.  It was awful outside when I took these and so I had to take them under a light.  Somehow there just is never enough light when I do that to get a clear picture. Anyhow.......We're back with a new challenge at Lili of the Valley.  This time the theme is circles!!! Just make sure you incorporate a circle in your card.

It is also a new challenge day for Colour Create.  Sharon has picked out this yummy inspiration photo for you!

You can use: Melon, Apple, Banana, Kiwi, Cherry, Orange, Strawberry, Pineapple, Papaya, Coconut, can also use the black seeds. The extra option is to have fruit on your card.


I choose the colors of a watermelon for my card and have a few strawberries in the paper. 

So as you can see I used another sneak peek from the soon to be released Lili of the Valley stamps.  This one is called "BUNNY CUPCAKES".
Now here is what the circle looks like when you spin it around!

Now this may help you see a little better on how this card works:

Kinda neat huh?  I think it is pretty self explanatory so there should be no need for instructions, but if you have questions, just email me.  A fishing line is sandwiched between two circle pieces going from the top of the card to the bottom and sandwiched again with the front of the card and another piece of cardstock behind that.  Nothing hard or new, just fun!

My image is colored with copics and all the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used some of the new sparkly rhinestones from Wild Orchid in the corners (love these).  I used the small retro punch for the yellow flowers and added small rhinestones in the middle in hot pink.

That's about it for me today! Please take a moment to go see what all my teamies have done with these two challenges.  You are sure to be inspired!!!
Thanks again for visiting!!!

Hugs, Dena


37 comments:

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and fab image!
Helen x

Squirrel x said...

Hey Dena! You might say it's not new or hard or anything, but I think it's bunnitastic girl! Wow, what a beautiful creation, perfect image, glorious papers and so so pretty. I LOVE IT! Hugs, Sxx

Ageeth Holster said...

Wauw NICE you gave me a great new idea this morning! Thanks your card is gorgeous.
Hugs Ageeth x

Tanya S said...

Loooove it !And that image is so adorable.And the spinning...so cool!Great card hun!!

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Your creation is beautiful Dena. Very very pretty. The circles are fabulous.
Gr. Marja

Margo said...

Hi Dena,

What a very cute card. I love this very much.
Gorgeous !

Hugs, Margo.

Astrid said...

Ohhh Dena, so very very sweet, this card.
Hugs Astrid

Corine van der Zee said...

Beautiful card, lovely papers and image!

Hugs Corine

yvon said...

OMG Dena, this is so cute. Loveley colors.
Hugs, Yvon

MichelleMyBelle said...

beautiful card. Lili of the Valley have lovely stamps.

Marlies said...

A beautiful card Dena, love the turning circle and the new images are adorable!
hugs, Marlies

Tara said...

Hey Dena!
How are you? So sorry I haven't left a comment in a while but I do stop by to look at your beautiful creations every day!
This is such a sweet card and I love the way the circle moves, brilliant!
You take care my friend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Teri said...

If I live to be a hundred, I will never have enough time to try all the fabulous ideas that you come up with! This is just absolutely adorable and your coloring is awesome! But, holy cow, your stitching is perfect!!!!! Another hall of famer!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Dorcas said...

So adorable!

Debra G Smith said...

It's just adorable. The image is too cute. I love your layout on this alot.

Rach said...

Dena this is gorgeous, so pretty, a stunner. hugs rach xx

Linda said...

Ooooh I love your card it´s gorgeous. Hugs Linda

Tine said...

Hi Dena. Gorgeous card and you have coloured the fab new image to perfection too. Love it all!
Tine :)

Louise said...

March is going to be a hard month for me, everything I see around at my friends blogs seems to push eachother around at the top of my wishlist ;)

This is yet another amazing bunnyimage I feel I must have ;) Can´t live without it ;) Stunning job following the 2 challenges, love the fact your dp had strawberries, feels like a reminder there is going to be a summer this year as well :)
Amazing coloring as usual! Cool effect with the spinning circle :)
Hugs

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

wow, another stunning, gorgeous, amazing, awesome card!!
hugs Yvonne

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Dena, wow hun this is fab, love the design looks great, and the image is another for the wish list lol, hugs Liz xx

Di said...

Oh Dena you are such a clever girl, this card is awesome, the photos are fine dont know what you are taking about!!!
love these bunnies soooo cute.
Hugs Di xxxx

Sharon said...

Love this cute new image and your wonderful stitching Dena. I've never tried one of these cards but you've inspired me to try one!

Sharon x

Elaine said...

Fabulous Dena!
I love the spinning circle and that image is so darn cute! I love the little cup cakes..hope they're carrot cup cakes for the bunnies!
Awesome colouring as always, and fab flowers.

Hugs Elaine xxx

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable, Dena! Such a cute image and card!

Sharon said...

Sensational card Dena! Love the spinny circle - that really is neat. The new LOTV is so adorable too. Don't those papers fit the CC theme well?
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Sassylassy said...

Ooh you put a little spin on your card. So cute I just love it. Your card is absolutely yummy and delicious! Have a great weekend!
Hugs Bonnie

Grenouille Greetings said...

I can feel my purse emptying and my stash growing. I am going to NEED some of these LOTV cuties! A beautiful card! Hugs, Lesley

Tammi said...

I never have enough light either, but wow, this sure shines through, ADORABLE!! Just LOVE it Dena! This one is def. going on my to buy list! ~hugs

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Dena, this is outstanding. I love everything about it. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs xo Jackie

Jenn said...

Beautiful! I love how the circle spins, the image is so adorable! TFS :)

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card, Dena! Love how you've stitched the circle window. Great idea with these window-cards! Can't wait to make one too. Thanks for the tip!
Adorable card, as always!
Hugs, Iulia

Juls said...

I just adore this!!!! Loving the fabulous gingham detail!!! Hugs Juls

kaylou said...

this is just so sweet I love all the new lotv stamps.
Hugs Kaylou xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I cant wait for these new stamps! :) They are all adorable and so so cute.

I love this image and how you have cut the aperture out - it looks fabulous.

Gorgeous flowers too.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Julie said...

Oh Dena - how absolutely yummy!! A fab design and your papers and colours are superb!! Hugs, Juliex

Eva Gro said...

What a cute looking card! I love your coloring, and the papers are adorable!!

Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT Challenge blog
Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Eva`s Scraproom
DT Member OSAAT Challenge blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails