Friday, February 4, 2011

Present Card With A Tutorial!

SOLD      Hi guys!  I told you that with all this cold weather it is making me want to create and I wanted to do something a little different, so, I made a Present Card! I have put this card and the instructions on the LOTV Ideas to Inspire Blog also.

Like I said, I wanted something a little different and I was going through my very old cards from around 1997 and I found this hahahahahah!!!!! I thought it was so pretty back then.

Do you remember making these? You start with a sealed envelope then crimp the bottom and the top slides on?  hahaha! Look at those bright colors!!! Like I said, around 1997 was when this was made.  So this is my little twist on this idea.  Here's how I made mine:

Cut two pieces of cardstock, one at 5 1/2" x 11 and score in half.  The other piece is 6" x 3" and score on 6" side at 1 1/2.    
Now, I chose to sew my edges, but you can use that sticky tape if you like, just make sure it it very skinny.  It needs to withstand a card going in and out, so make sure it is strong tape.  Notice for the larger piece the fold is at the bottom and the lid, well, of course the fold is at the top.  The top is cut slightly larger to go over the bottom piece.  TIP- Don't forget if you are sewing to sew the bottom edges of the lid BEFORE you sew down the sides and sew very close to the edge.
Decorate like a present and add all your larger embellishments on this piece because the larger items will not fit in the pocket for the card.  I punched two holes at the top of the lid and fed my ribbon through so that when it is pulled to take off the top, it won't fall off with all the wear.  I added the brand new small, flat Gardenias from Wild Orchid Crafts and some 15mm roses, and 6mm rosebuds and some flatbacked pearls.  The sentiment on the tag is an LOTV sentiment.


After I colored this image the other day for the tutorial, I thought it best to go ahead and use her.  This is Rosey Posey from Lili of the Valley. The card for the inside should measure 5" x 5" to go inside easily.  If you go much bigger it is too hard to get in and out.  Keep in mind FLAT for this card (a very hard job for me).

See how the card tucks inside and the top goes over? Cute huh?  I'm so pleased with this card, I want to make another one and make it birthday. I wish you could see it in real life!

I sure hope you like me little tutorial and that you might want to make one.  I would love to know if you do so that I can come see it!

Thanks for looking!
Hugs, Dena

38 comments:

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

WoW, what a fab card! Beautiful colouring. I'm going to have to try making a present card. Fab tutorial! TFS!

xoxo,
Lori

Kathleen said...

Wow its gorgeous. Not seen this style before. Will try that sometime. Kathleen x

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, this is awesome!!! Thanks for the tutorial this is so great!
hugs Yvonne

Louise said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
I just can´t stop Oh my goda ;) ;) This is just fab beyond all words available, Dena! Totally loving this card, I will definately try this - tonight! I can´t wait! You´re so creative, there isn´t anything you can´t do...
LOVE, LOVE the dp´s :) I´m going to have to have those. (heading directly back to actually read what you wrote :o I was so overwhelmed I did´nt have the time just now ;)) Beautiful!!

WOW!!
Hope the weather is clearing up for you guys very soon! Stay safe hunny! Hugs

Renkata said...

Well Dena it's pretty gorgeous in 2011 too :)
Fantastic idea.
Thanks for showing it to us.

Anki said...

Amazing Dena! Thank you for the tutorial as well. Def. need to try this. Kramis - Anki

Kristel said...

Woww these are gorgeous Dena!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!
Hugs Kristel

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Oh wow, that's fabulous. Must have a go at one of these. Just love how its made into a present, a perfect gift when just giving a card.

Enjoy the snow !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I had never seen the crimped sealed envelope present make before and your make was very pretty for it's time! Your new make though is simply stunning and I can't wait to have a go!
I'm pleased you used that little LOTV from your distress ink tutorial, she looks even more lovely in her new surroundings and your envelope present is perfect for her. Gosh Dena, having watched you paint the image and then assemble the envelope, I feel like I've been crafting right along side you! Big Hugs today and BIGGER HUGS for tomorrow ! (I don't suppose my card for you has arrived yet has it?) Lesley

petra,s cards said...

wauw realey gorgeous!!!
xx petra

Yvonne said...

Love the card! And what a great idea! Can I ask what colors you have used on the face of the motiv? Thought it was so fine :)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs

Linda said...

Fab card. I know what I will be doing this afternoon whilst hubby is watching the rugby. Thanks for the tutorial.

Deb said...

it is beautiful Dena, will certainly give this a try, I enjoyed your colouring tutorial too! hugs Debx

Astrid said...

Hi Dena, how gorgeous this project. I liked the box/card and the card within. Thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs Astrid

charlene said...

Dena this is just a great project perfect for a Chistmas in July swap I am in thanks so much for sharing !

Your work is just amazing !
Hugs

Cheryl said...

WOW STUNNING and such beautiful detail!!! I made something similar before chrissy and forgot to blog it,must get it out!!
Hugs xx

Rachael said...

oooo thats soo clever I may have to have a go at this one! Beautiful Dena!
Rach :) xx

Molecraft said...

Wow what a great idea! Gorgeous card too, lovely colours!
Helen x

stampinfrog said...

Dena I am LOL due to the fact I do remember making this a long long long time ago!!!
Fabulous tutorial and exquisite coloring!LOVE IT!!!!!
Hope you are staying safe and warm this weekend!
Hugs,Connie

Juls said...

so gorgeous and creative!!! Hugs Juls

Julie said...

Wow, Dena - this is gorgeous beyond gorgeous!! Fab idea and gonna be trying this out for sure!! You make it all look so easy- such a great talent you are!!! Big hugs, my friend and have a wonderful day tomorrow!! Juliexx

wendyvanderkooij said...

Wow Dena, this is tooooo sweet. Love it.
Hugs,
Wendy

Sassylassy said...

Groovy paper! LOL Your too funny. Your present card and card are adorable. Thanks for the tutorial. I totally want to try this.
Hugs Bonnie

Teri said...

Seriously, Dena, this is just tooooo adorable!! I swear you are a creative genius!!! I love it sooo much!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Janiel/ janny said...

Dena dear, This is FAB!!! What a cute cute idea!! You are right this would be perfect for a birthday card!! Maybe just maybe I will have to try one..
big hugs and happy Sunday..
Janiel

Hanna said...

WOW, Dena, it's amazing! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm definetly going to try this one!
Love the colours and all the sweet details, simply stunning!

hugs,
Hanna

Pam S. said...

Surprise! Hi Dena! I posted a present card the same day as you! I just had a feeling that someone else was working on one too! weird!!! although your's is way more detailed... it's still a present! This has happened to me a couple other times too! So fun! Fabulous, beautiful work Dena! love it!
Pam Going Postal

Leonie said...

What a great idea to make a lovely present card like this!! :D
I really love the way it turned out.

Hugs, Leonie.

Asas à imaginação said...

Hi,Dena.
I put a commentary in the LOTV for you.
I loved this card e want to make the lift for him,can I?
Thanks!
Marlei

angelwhispers said...

Amazing just the most perfect present!! Lush papers and a gorgeous image!! thanks for sharing its just perfect Chanelle xxx

Rach said...

oh boy.. wow,
Dena this is amazing, gorgeous, wow.. i love it..xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant creation Dena I love the tutorial, the papers and design are gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tammi said...

ACK! Wow, this is stunning, love this idea (cute seeing your before and afters)! Gorgeous work Dena, now you've inspired me to make one of these! :)

Asas à imaginação said...

Hi,Dena!
I make the lift of your card-box...
http://aimaginacao.blogspot.com/2011/02/cartao-caixa-de-presenteblog-dos.html
I hope so you like!Thanks, once again !
Big hug
Marlei

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous!!! And thanks for the tutorial, I will dedinately give this a try..

Jane said...

WOW!!! I just found your amazing tutorial via Louise's blog and am blown away!! What a gorgeous idea - can't wait to make one - thanks for the tute! hugs, Jane xxx

Nancy Ward said...

Wanted you to know I posted a link to this tutorial today.

Nancy Ward
PaperFriendly
http://www.nancywardcrafts.com

Dot said...

Thanks for a fab tutorial, Dana.
Here is my take/lift http://dortesdill.blogspot.no/2012/08/present-card.html
Dorte,xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails