Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sugar Nellie - Spread Your Wings


I couldn't wait to get my new Simply Sassy stamps that I ordered!  I think they are so fun! This one is called "Spread Your Wings" and can be found at Funkykits!
I was just waiting for the right stamp to use this pretty paper from Basic Grey.  I typically don't like BG that much but sometimes I come across a few that I like.  The color is sort of a coral shade of pink, not really peachy.  I love it!  I colored her with my R colors of copics since they have more peach in them rather than the RVs.

I used my new Crealies border die no. 12 again! Yep, I'm on another kick! haha! Every time that I go for a border punch now, I put it back and take out this little delicate looking border.  The ribbon is the peach organza from Wild Orchid.  I also used the small flat gardenia and open roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used liquid pearls for her buttons on her dress and Stardust Stickles on the skirt.  The pearl swirls are from a convention I went to.

I'll be back thursday with a card for the new Lili of the Valley Challenge!
Thank you so much for stopping by! 

Big hugs, Dena



28 comments:

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Oh how cute, so pretty, love the coloring and the big bow, beautiful!

Kylie said...

Sooo beautiful Dena! Gorgeous :)
Hugs
Kylie

Mina974 said...

Wow just beautiful!! I love the coloring!!

Dorcas said...

Wow!! This is super pretty!!

ellabella said...

Your work is always TRULY inspirational!
Hugs Janine

Nina said...

Wow! The colours are beautiful! I love the gentle bow! Hugs Nina

Sharon Keanly said...

Ohhh Dena, this is so elegant and pretty. Just love your cute little image which you've coloured to perfection and I love that border punch... hugs Sharon x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card Dena.
luv
Debby

Renkata said...

Dena, the papers, the colours and beautiful layout make your card look divine.

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooorgeous card sweetie!!

Astrid said...

Hi Dena, Fabelous this card, loved it.
Hugs Astrid

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Spread your wings is beautiful. Your Crealies border is gorgeous.

Gr. Marja

Annelies said...

Hi Dena,

Your card looks great!! Thanks for using my Creative Borders die.

Hugs, Annelies

Debbie said...

Perfect choice of papers for this adorable image

Hugs
Debbie

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love, love, love your papers with this divinely coloured image, Dena! Hugs, Lesley

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, love the colour and gorgeous edge!
Helen x

dolcreations said...

Your paper is so perfect for your perfectly coloured image.Love the little liquid pearls on her dress. Beautiful as always Dena.Loved your post of the teddy holding the flowers. I

Teri said...

What a beautiful card, Dena! Oh how I love that border, so pretty and delicate! And what a cutie pie image, perfect with that paper! Gorgeous coloring as usual!!!!!
Hugs,
teri

Frea said...

Hi Dena, love your card, that DP fits the theme perfectly with all the birdcages! Hugs, Frea

yvon said...

Soo beautiful. Your coloring is amazing and the papers are gorgeous.
Hugs, Yvon

kaylou said...

Oh Dena this is gorgeous, I love all the punch work and those papers are fabulous, love all the other details too.
Hugs Kaylou xx

RubyM:) said...

HIYA BUDDIE!

Wow! I knew i wasn't going to be dissapointed.You are a tru artist with these gorgeous creations of yours lol!

TWO thumbs up on the border punch!!!! Your work is so inspirational and so girlie which I LOVE, LOL!!!!Ruby♥

p.s
I AM IN AWE WITH YOUR IF FRIENDS WERE FLOWERS CARD!!!!! Oh my goodnesss sooooo stinkin cute!

Marlies said...

Lovely card Dena, the image goes perfect with the papers, lovely colours and that border punch is fantastic!!
hugs, Marlies

Margo said...

I love this elegant card !
Very beautiful.

Hugs, Margo.

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful! Everything about it is beautiful.

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous Dena and now I have to add that die to my wish list, ummmmmmm. Hugs Tracy x

Tammi said...

Oh gosh, pretty as can be!! The paper fits perfectly and I love the swirls around the image!

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!!! You have teamed one of my fav papers and fav images together and it looks fantabulous...loving the finishing touch of the organza ribbon and the fabulous pearl detail!!! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails