Monday, February 14, 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge


Howdy everyone! Happy Valentines Day!! Did you have a great weekend?  I did. The weather is back to being normal for Houston and I love it!!! We are going to a Rockets game tonight with some friends for Valentine's Day so that should be fun! Nothing romantic, but fun. haha!
Wild Orchid Crafts Blog has a new challenge for you today and it is a wonderful sketch by Bev.  
I had a little surprise waiting for me the other day from Karen and so I just had to play with one of these new Simply Adorables.  What a name huh? How fitting! She is totally adorable in my opinion.  Look at those little ringlets!!! She will be available in March from Sugar Nellie.  There will be 4 new ones and they will be sold as digis at Funkykits.  I'm not sure these have been named yet, so I can't tell you the name. haha!
 

I printed this one off and colored her in copics.  The papers are Basic Grey Capella 6x6 paper pad.  I softened it up a bit with pale yellow and blue papers. I even game her a tiny little pearl earring.  Don't you think the Wild Orchid Crafts embellishments work perfectly with these images? I sure do!!! I used the Guipure Lace25mm Yellow Organza Ribbon, 25mm yellow tea rose, 15mm blue open roses, white hip roses, and Self Adhesive flat pearls.  All of my layers have been sewn and the cute little sentiment is a Circle Sentiment from Lili of the Valley. I spritzed all the flowers with Pearl Glimmer Mist for some shimmer.


I know I tell you all the time about the DT, but seriously, they are so talented you have got to take a look at what they have done this week! I feel so proud to be a part of this amazing team!  Also, don't forget to check out our Ideas Blog for Wild Orchid Crafts.  We have lots of ideas planned for you so stay tuned!

Have a great Valentine's Day however you may be celebrating!!!

Big hugs,

Dena



34 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh wow Dena, this card is amazing. Your colouring skills astound me. Fantastic work. hugs Sharon x

Sharon said...

She's an absolute DOLL Dena!! She looks amazing and the card is so beautiful :)

Sharon x

Iulia said...

Gorgeous card, Dena! Love your style! This new adorable is just gorgeous! Look forward for the release!
Great work, as usual!
Hugs, Iulia

Kylie said...

Oh wow Dena! What an exquisite card! The image and your colouring are amazing. Love it all!
Hugs
Kylie

Marlies said...

Beautiful card Dena, The image looks real! Great colourig.
hugs, Marlies

Tracy said...

Hi Dena, Your card is just beautiful and your colouring just blew me away, PERFECT.
Tracy xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Dena, love it.
luv
Debby

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Dena!!

Jannie said...

Wow this is wonderful!!!. The image is adorable and the papers are gorgeous.
Have a nice day.

Hugs Jannie.

Kristel said...

This is absolutly stunning Dena! love your colouring and all the details! Perfect!
Hugs Kristel

Crafty Chris said...

Stunning Dena cant wait for the new images to come out, gorgeous colours and design on this card;
Chris x

Debbie said...

I don't know where to begin..this is just so beautiful I am at a lose for words..

Debbie

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

She is adorable. What a stunning card Dena. Lovely. Your layout and colours are beautiful so as usual.

happy Valentine Marja

Judi said...

Absolutely STUNNING! Love it.

Judi x

cebelica said...

Beautiful card!

Teri said...

Oh my, she is just beautiful! You're right, all those embellies just work perfectly with the image!!! Just magnificent!!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Kathy said...

Gorgeous Dena!! Your coloring on this is just amazing!!! I have not tried any of these out yet ~ I am a bit intimidated after seeing all the gorgeous ones out there! LOL
I am glad the weather is back and I hope it stays! All the ups and then downs are making my head hum! LOL My sinuses are hating it!
Hope you have fun at your game :)
Kathy

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful Dena, THe colors you have used are so pretty!!!!!!! I just love this line Karen has... I have her up on my blog today too! LOL....
hugs, Janiel

Renkata said...

wow Dena,
you have given her live dear.
She look so pretty!

detenish said...

Beautiful card Dena,THe colors you have used are so pretty!!!!!!!

Sue said...

Ooh this is gorgeous. I love the way you have coloured the image to match the papers. It's beautiful with the lace and the flowers!

Hugs
Sue xx

dolcreations said...

Absolutely stunning Dena! You have totally hit this one out of the ball park! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and fabulous colouring!
Helen x

Deb said...

wow, stunning card Dena, so love how you coloured this sweetie and the details on your card are so pretty! hugs debx

Leonie said...

Woooow Dena!! :D This card is Simply Adorable!! You coloured the cute cute image so beautiful and the little pearl as an earring, I just LOVE such details!! :-)

Hugs,
Leonie.

Margo said...

Wow, gorgeous card Dena.

Hugs, Margo.

Debra G Smith said...

Dena this is just beautiful...

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, Dena this card is really awesome! The way you colour, I just love it.
hugs Yvonne

Tanja E. said...

Uau, this is beautiful peace of art, loving and gentle like love it self, warm regards:))

Angela said...

Wow, Dena, you've really brought this sweetie to life with your brilliant coloring! This is the most beautiful card my friend! big hugs, Angela

imotrust said...

Your sweetie seems so alive thanks to your brilliant coloring! Love all the details and the construction of this sweet card!
Adorable work!
Hugs, Iulia

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow you made a real delight with the sketch, Dena. Perfect colouring; fabulous hair and lovely highlights on the folds of her blouse. Lovely! Hugs, Lesley

Amy said...

HI just wanted to say I love tne lily of the valley stamp (ballerina) and could u tell me what copics arebecause they look great on that card. Thanks

cabio's craft corner said...

Dena, your coloring is out of this world and breath taking :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails