Friday, April 15, 2011

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar - Birthdays!


Wow! Time flies! It's already Friday and that means another new challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar!  Our theme is "BIRTHDAYS".  I always love birthday themes!!!! These Magnolias are too cute with the birthday theme.
For this card I used the idea that I showed HERE making a birthday present card.  I thought it would be cute to shrink it and actually attach it to a card so that a gift card can be tucked inside.  I mounted it onto foam tape and didn't put the tape too far up so that the lid can come on and off easily.

I felt it looked a little plain, but then when I started fiddling more with it, I opted to just keep a real simple look. I added some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, because it wouldn't be a "Dena" card without them!
As you can see I got some new toys this week.  I got a few of the new Spellbinders from the Winter CHA. Boy, they sure did take a long time to come in, but I'm so glad they arrived. They are super cool!

I colored her with copics.  I seem to be reaching for those more and more.  I'm just a tad obsessed with conquering them! haha! I have so much more work to do!


You can see here all my little cutting mistakes! tee hee! But, boy howdy is she cute! 

So guess what I am doing this weekend?  I am going to my daughter's ring dunk in College Station?  Now, you may be asking what that is???? Ha! I will tell you.  She attends A&M an extremely traditional college. When they hit senior status, they are allowed to buy their school ring (it's a big deal).  Anyhow, we will go with her to pick up the ring and take pictures under a giant ring and then that night they have a big wing ding.  A bunch of their friends get together to celebrate by dunking their rings in a pitcher of beer and drinking the whole thing! YUK!!! I hate beer!! Don't worry they are all 21, so it's ok. haha!  Us old folks will just sit back and watch them and laugh.  I can't believe she is on her last year of college.  It seems like yesterday she was getting on the bus to go to 1st grade! How time flies! Hug your babies if you have them, because they won't stay babies for long!

Have a great weekend! Thank you for visiting me today!

Hugs, Dena

20 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love, love, love this oh so pretty card, Dena, with the fabby card holder present on the front. I must, must, must try to emulate it (and credit you of course). Hugs, Lesley

Maria Therese said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Margo said...

This a very beautiful card !
Gorgeous !

Hugs, Margo.

Astrid said...

Beautiful card Dena, the box is very nice.
Hugs Astrid

Tracy V. said...

Beautiful card. I love the present gift card holder! Super cute. Congrats to your daughter! Last year, that has to be super exciting!
Tracy V

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! So totally precious!! I just adore your whole creation with the layout and colors!! Smiles, Vicki

Tammi said...

An interesting tradition! Have fun!:) Cute how you added a present to the card, great idea...this is fabulous! ~hugs

Jean said...

Oh I really like that big present with your card and your copic coloring is fantastic keep grabbing them. Have fun at the ring wing ding! LOL

Marlies said...

You made another gorgeous card Dena, love the present detail on the front!
Have fun this weekend!
hugs, Marlies

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

You are so Activ Dena. Gorgeous, also this card. lovely and beatiful.
gR. Marja

ellabella said...

This ia amazing and adorable all at the same time! Hugs Janine

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, love how the present opens, genius!
Helen x

syllie said...

This is totally awesome!! The colors you have used and the big presentbox are great.
SylviaXXX

Di said...

Just stunning Hun!! you are so clever! and what a celebraftion that seems, we dont have anything like that here. maybe in 10 yrs!!lol!
i totally agree with hugging them when they are little, it goes past in a flash! my daughter is 15 and drinking beer already! its 18 here and they start early, i try to stop it but they are all doing it not a good trait the brits have!!
Fabulous card!
Hugs Di xxxx

Norma said...

Dena, stunningly gorgeous card. Haven't tried making the birthday present card yet--looks wonderful, I must try it. Love those new Spellbinders dies--gorgeous shapes. Have a wondertime celebrating with your daughter this weekend.

Hugs,
Norma

MichelleMyBelle said...

Another gorgeous card. I don't think there is a card you have made that I did not like, LOL

Jodie from Oz said...

Dena, gorgeous card, Tilda iso sweet & I love the gift box, just beautiful. Hugs Jodie from Oz xx

Arline said...

Beautiful card and I love the present idea!x

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Dena. Love the colouring of the sweet Tilda and the details also. Hugs Michele x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails