Friday, April 8, 2011

Just Magnolia - Sketch by Kathy

Hi everyone! Today is Friday and that means a new challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar!  We have  an awesome sketch for you to follow done by Kathy.

 Here is the sketch!


For my card I again played with Kathy's technique! I really like how this one turned out.  I used a ton more white paint and really like how it looks!!





Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Magnolia - Tilda Carrying Lamb and Three Eggs, Stempleglede Grunge Corner
Ink:  Distress Inks
Paper:  Prima - Botanical Collection
Tools:  MS Pine Branch Punch, MS Doily Border Punch, Spellbinders label die
Embellies:  Curly Rose, 15mm and 10mm Open Roses, Ivory Aglaise Lace all from Wild Orchid Crafts, Stardust Stickles

Can you tell this lace is my new fav? I use it all the time.  LOVE IT!!!! It goes perfectly with Tilda and all her doily pieces of clothing! haha! It is not a super white color and it is not a deep cream.  The ivory color is perfect for my watercolor paper.  Also, just to mention again that these kraft colored flowers from Wild Orchid are the perfect color for kraft cardstock. They work very well together.  I guess that's enough rambling from me, it's just that when I find something that really works for me, I want to share it with all of you!

I'll be checking in again soon! Thank you so much for all your encouraging words, it just makes me want to create even more!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Dena



30 comments:

Jane said...

This is stunning hun! love the gorgeous colours and your colouring is incredible! hugs, Jane x

Chrissy said...

STUNNING...Just beautiful. That lace is devine..as is your colouring..papers..everything.
Luv CHRISSYxx

angelwhispers said...

Deana its just adorable fabulous papers and so beautiful with your image and flowers. Chanelle xxx

Nixe07 said...

WOW this is such a gorgeous card!! Love all the great details and the fab colours AND your fantastic colouring too!!
Hugs
Moni

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

A beautiful Tilda with Lamb Dena. Gorgeous. Love the colours and your beautiful flowers.
Gr. Dena

Iren said...

This is stunnning Dena! I love your coloring and lovely color choise! And beautiful emblishments too!!!

Hugs

Kylie said...

oh WOW Dena! This is just gorgeous! I love everything!
Hugs
Kylie xx

Astrid said...

Beautiful Dena, the sketch is also great.
Hugs Astrid

Louise said...

Beautiful card Dena, love the papers and embellies.
Louise :)

Debbie said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! So soft and sweet.. Love it 10 fold!!!!


Hugs
Debbie

Manuela said...

Dena, this is really fantastic! Have a nice day!
Hugs, Manuela

Mo said...

Dena your card is adorable..., everything just perfect !!!
Have a wonderful weeekend,
Monika

ellabella said...

Just a beautiful design and love the image and the details! Just love popping across to see your wonderful work its AMAZING!
Hugs Janine

Jean said...

Beautiful, love all that white you put in there. She is a great image, I am sure fun to color up.

Kathy said...

Oh my Dena this is GORGEOUS!!! The color combo is so pretty and looks so pretty with the white edging!!! Love this! All your details and that image is so sweet and perfectly colored!! Now that you make a card like mine ~ I wish I could color like you!!! haha
Your a natural at shabby chic!!
Loved what you did with the sketch! I forgot all about making it up and now wished I would have just stayed for it!!!
Miss all of you already!
Have a lovely week-end!
:)Kathy

Maria Therese said...

I just LOVE your coloring! And the paper and layout SO pretty too!

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous card, lovely colours, I love the image and your colouring is as always fantastic!
hugs, Marlies

Corine van der Zee said...

Wow Dena, this is so gorgeousss! Beautiful papers, the colors and cute image of Tilda you used! Well done! Have a nice weekend,

Hugs, Corine

yvon said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Jane.
Hugs, Yvon

Renkata said...

The lace is so beautiful. Your card is amazing Dena.

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi these two stamps go perfect cool idea and lace is perfect .Gorgeous creation
Kitty :P

Molecraft said...

Stunning card, beautiful lace and amazing colouring as always!
Helen x

Judi said...

Oh,how daft am I? I was just browsing through Blogger Dashboard, and noticed this card so thought I'd take a closer peek as it looked SO pretty - didn't notice whose blog it was on, but I might have known it would be one of your's Dena!! PERFECT! As always.

Judi xx

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, Dena absolutely gorgeous!!! Love everything about it and can amagine why you use this lace it's beautiful.
hugs Yvonne

Elaine said...

Oh so perfect Dena.
Love everything about this card, from the sweet image with your awesome colouring and the pretty papers to the fab flowers. Gorgeous!

Have a lovely weekend

Love Elaine xx

Rebecca said...

This card is really beautiful! Love the soft colors you have used.

Hugs, Lydia

Angela said...

Dena, your card is gorgeous! I love the colors and that pretty lace really is perfect for Tilda! Beautiful scene!

Can't wait to see your egg creation!! ;) hugs, Angela

Heidi said...

Ohhh this is just stunning. I really love this card and your coloring is so beautiful. You are so talented

Hugs from
heidi ♥

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Dena. I love this stamp and you have embellished it all so beautifully!
Clairexx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Adorable image! Beautiful colourwork! Lovely papers and embellishments and overall a stunner! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails