Friday, April 22, 2011

Just Magnolia - A Sketch!

Well, here I go again using that gorgeous papers from Pion Design.  I sure hope you won't get tired of my using them! haha!

Since it's Friday, that means a new challenge at the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar Challenge.  This week we have a sketch for you to follow:

Another sweet stamp.  Boy, those Magnolias have been stealing my heart lately.  I love all the new Spring ones they have had!



The flowers in the center of the Magnolia doohickey are Poppies from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I just took the black centers out and reinserted centers from the poinsetta that I didn't use from Christmas time. I also painted them a lighter shade of yellow.  It's not that I enjoy demolishing these flowers, but the black just would not work with this card now would it?  I just so happen to be out of many of my pink flowers and they fit the bill with the right size and color.

I made a few white clouds and while I had the white paint out, I game her little cheeks a few dots of white. I see people do this occasionally and thought I would try it!

Card Ingredients:  

Stamps:  Magnolia - Tilda Holding Egg Basket, Tree, and LOTV Happy Circular Sentiments
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:  Pion Design!!!!!
Embellies:  Sm. Pale pink Flat Gardenia, Poppies, Guipure lace, self adhesive flat back pearls all from WILD ORCHID CRAFTS.
Tools:  Magnolia Doohickeys - Doily Flowers,  Leaf and Swirl, MS Pine Branch Punch, Sewing Machine

Well, the family is going to my parent's house tomorrow to do a little early Easter celebration.  We plan on having a barbque and just hanging out.  I even got my kids some stuff for the Easter baskets even though they are big.  They love it when I do stuff like that. Sheesh! I don't know if they will ever grow up if I keep doing things like this hahaha!  My daughter (21) even dyed Easter eggs with her roommates the other night haha! Some traditions are just hard to let go of.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone! I hope your Easter is blessed!

Hugs, Dena

28 comments:

Aussie Loz said...

how could anyone tire of those papers? I love the colours and and the lush design!! Have a safe and happy easter ♥

Grenouille Greetings said...

They really are beautiful papers, Dena, and as for your Tilda - she is GORGEOUS. Absolutely delightful card! Perfect! Hugs, Lesley

Frea said...

Hi Dena, love your card, and you keep using the papers, I LOVE them!!! Hugs, Frea

angelwhispers said...

Dena our children are never too old for treats!!!!

Just love your fabby card the images look amazing and so perfect with the sketch.

Have a wonderful Easter Chanelle xxx

Astrid said...

Beautiful Dena, i liked it a lot.
Hugs Astrid
PS A great Easter.

ellabella said...

This is simply amazing and beautiful. Anyone would love to receive this card and hopefully frame it, it deserves to be in one.
Hugs Janine

Hanna said...

Oh wow, love your interpretation of the sketch Dena, just like Janine said, this card needs a frame! Absolutely gorgeous!

wish you a happy easter sweetie!
hugs from Hanna

Christina C. said...

What a magnificent work of art, Dena!!!! Your coloring of this sweet image is phenomenal.

Corine van der Zee said...

Gorgeoussss!!! Can't get enough of those papers, the're very pretty.
Love what you did with the centers of the flowers, so much better. Beautiful image and coloring. Whish you a happy easter weekend!

Hugs, Corine

Carole S said...

Hi, Brilliant card, I love it, thanks for comment on my Tilda challenge card, love Carole

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dena! Have a Happy Easter!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card and coloring!!

Eve said...

Luv all the MATCHED colors of papers, embellishments, tilda's image, and everything! Very Pretty! :-)

Molecraft said...

Stunning colouring and those papers are gorgeous!
Helen x

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi Cool creation love how she jumps off the page and I just love that tree stamp too. Flowers are cool how you have altered them. I asked my daughter if she would like something else instead of an easter egg as she is 15 now and was surprised how she still wants one lol. Don't think we all should ever grow up lol. Kitty :)

Sassylassy said...

Lovely my dear! This Tilda stamp is adorable and you colored her in beautifully! HAPPY EASTER Sweetie!
Hugs Bonnie

Linda Palmer said...

This card is gorgeous. I love the layout or sketch and the way you decorated it with all the great embellishments you used. Absolutely beautiful card.

Louise said...

OH MY WORD!!
Two such beautiful cards pop up before my eyes as soon as I check in with you again :) I have had a little easterbreak ;)
STUNNINGLY AMAZING cards! I especially love this one, Tilda with eggs has never looked this fab - her green dress is beyond words! So beautiful! You know - you´re the best!!
Love those poppies as well, I´m going to have to make another WOC order ;) LOVE IT DENA!! ♥

Hugs and happy easter! ♥

Debbie said...

This is adorable.. love the soft colors you used. Have a great time tomorrow with your family. I'll be cooking for 14... and if it makes you feel any better, mine are 20 & 17 and still expect something from the Easter Bunny...

Hugs
Debbie

Kathy said...

Dena this is such a beautiful card!!! I love the colors and your coloring is always brilliant!! I too love this sweet Tilda's and I haven't even used one up yet! I wish the Easter bunny would put some more time in my basket!! LOL
THese papers are so pretty ~ where can you get them? I have never heard of that company?
Well have a blessed Easter week-end with your family! :)Kathy

Maris said...

Hi dena, ohhh how lovely this is, what a sweethart xx

Crafteezee said...

Just beautiful Dena. Hugs Tracy x

Debbie Pamment said...

Once again I'm playing catch up - have been having a wonderful time strolling through your past few posts - I could just dive into all the gorgeousness on offer here! Divine Miss Dena - to the MAX!
Happy Easter too gorgeous!
xXx

Julie said...

A very pretty card, your colouring is so lovely.

LINDA W. said...

Gorgeous card as always.Hope that
you and yours have a Happy Easter
your Texas buddy Linda

Kristie said...

Beautiful card! I love the scene you created.

Tammi said...

Gorgeous, you always color so beautifully! Glad you had a fantastic Easter, we did too! :) Love family get-togethers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails