Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lili of the Valley Challenge - Happy Birthday!


Howdy! I'm back with a project for the Lili of the Valley Challenge.  This week the theme is "HAPPY BIRTHDAY", so let's see all those birthday cards and projects!
I saw this little cupcake pattern at Mel's Stampz and thought it was such a cute idea for a little gift for someone, or maybe put a gift card inside with some candy.  I wanted my cupcake to look a little different from the template so I ended up winging it and making my own and this is what I came up with.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  LOTV - Rosie With Presents
Inks:  Copics
Paper:  MME
Embellies:  Wild Orchid Crafts 15mm two toned open roses, Gypsophilia, Rhinestones, Ribbon is from Walmart, Stardust Stickles, liquid pearls
Tools:  Sewing Machine, MS Pine Branch punch


I added rhinestone here and there on the top portion for little sprinkles and liquid pearls along the bottom of the "frosting".   Dad burn it! The liquid pearl smooshed together a little!  Yes, that little girl was VERY hard to cut out! haha! I am not super fond of cutting things out, so this was brutal for me.  In the end I like it!

I'll be back with a Just Magnolia card for tomorrow!  Thanks for commenting yesterday on my sweet Rambo.  He is the love of my life (shhhh! don't tell my kids haha) 

Thank you all for stopping by my little blog and particularly for those of you who regularly leave me sweet comments. 

Hugs, Dena


29 comments:

Chrissy said...

Sweet comments are easy to give when the blog you are on shares such sweet things..this is gorgeous...very clever idea...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Astrid said...

Ohh Dena this is so lovely, The idea is great.
Hugs Astrid

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Dena,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mary J said...

Amazing Dena!!! Love it!

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, such a great idea! A great birthday gift, it's gorgeous. Love the paper you used.
hugs Yvonne

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh WOW Dena, this is absolutely AMAZING. I am so inspired when I visit you. Your creations are so beautiful. I actually don't have enough words to say how gorgeous this is. WOW! hugs Sharon x

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Beautiful cupcake. It's gorgeous and a great birthday gift.
Gr. Marja

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi super wow on this one. Absoltutely cupcake- tastic . The papers and image are stunning. If I could give out crafting awards this would be the first prize. Super inspiration. Thanks Kitty :D ps I hate cutting them out too.

yvon said...

Wow, this is superrrr. Love the design and the colors you used.
Hugs, Yvon

Louise said...

Hi hunni :)
WOWSERS! This cupcake is soooo cute :) Totally loving the image and as usual your coloration is simply beautiful :)
Stunning model this cupcake shape and the dp's are rocking!
Love to come in here and being superinspired when I leave! You always seem to have something new gorgoues in store ;)
Hugs

Tracy V. said...

Oh this is adorable!! I am a cupcake freak so I am so loving it. Definitely lifting this!! hehe
Tracy V

Sadilla said...

wow dear
this is stunning!!! suche a lovely clever project... I think I'll try to do something like that soon or later... =) congrats for you amazing blog, you are very talented... I'll come visit again...
hugs
Sadia

Sharon said...

Oh WOW Dena - a stunning creation!!! This looks so wonderful - what a clever idea :)


Sharon x

Teri said...

Dena!!!! This is just soooo stinkin adorable!!!! And I was thinking while I was looking, dang, that had to be hard to cut out!!! You did a fabulous job, though! I just wish I had your creative brain!!!! LOL!! Absolutely wonderful!!!!!
Hugs!!!
Teri

Kathy said...

Dena that is just adorable!!!!! Love the cupcake box ~ such a cute idea! We have a birthday party this week-end and that would be cute for on top of the present with some candies or bracelets!!!
Pretty papers and this image is just adorable!! I am with you on the cutting out thing! I HATE doing it!! LOL But you did a great job with it!
Have a great day!
:)Kathy

Corine van der Zee said...

Very beautiful, love those colors and cute image!

Hugs, Corine

Becca Fabozzi said...

Oh Dena, this is an amazing creation! I LOVE it. I agree with you, I am not a fan of cutting images out either! I avoid it at all costs. LOL. Anyway, gorgeous creation, hunny.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Dena
this is soooo cute ...love it ....Oh!!!!! love it ...
hugs
sylvie
xxxx

Sassylassy said...

Wicked stinkin cute! Just another project to add to my things to try.
Hugs Bonnie

Molecraft said...

Wow, fabulous idea, beautifully decorated too!
Helen x

Frea said...

Hi Dena, love this little gift box, very pretty!! HUgs, Frea

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love, love, love your cupcake gift box! Clever, clever girl! It works so well with this LOTV image and the papers are all so pretty. I know what you mean about cutting out. I don't like it either and yet I seem to find myself doing it quite a lot! Hey ho! Big HUGS, Lesley

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Too cute! Your colouring is STUNNING!!!

xoxo,
Lori

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is adorable! I love the cupcake with the cute image!

carrie-lee said...

A fabulous gift, just stunning xxx

Rachael said...

Wow this is brilliant! Love love love it! xx

Tammi said...

Presents AND cupcakes, oh gosh just so awesome, you always come up with something AMAZING! Love this!

ellabella said...

oh my goodness.. this is absolutely stunning and PERFECTLY colored *wow*

Jodie from Oz said...

Dena, gorgeous cupcake & you colour these adorable LOTV images so beautifully, she is adorable. A wonderful birthday surprise for a little Princess. Hugs Jodie from Oz

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails