Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Version of William and Kate!

Do you possibly think this little couple could be Kate and William?!  I am getting so excited to see the wedding! Will you be watching it?  I really don't even know when it will be on, but I'm sure will see all sorts of news media throughout the day!

 Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Lili of the Valley - The Little Things
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:  K&Co., CTMH, and misc. haha! (no idea where I got the polkadots)
Tools:  Crealies Die, MS Frond Punch, MS Pine Branch Punch

You see how she is wearing the little hat just like Kate does? haha! Love it!


I love to make the hair on these boys a little more detailed with a tiny 0 brush.  Just start at the bottom and make tiny whisps upward and then blend with that same 0 brush going upwards on the same line with just water to soften.  I think it just makes it a little more interesting.  I will do the same thing from the crown but just maybe not so bold.


Now here's a little closeup of those new Sweetheart  Blossoms at Wild Orchid Crafts. 



Stay tuned for a big event from Wild Orchid Crafts tomorrow.  Mark your calendars for a blog hop showing the newest colors being added to the store!!! Whoo Hoo! They are fantastic!  Here's the scoop:

Tomorrow, April 28, starting at Noon UK time, we will be having a MARVELOUS Wild Orchid Crafts BLOG HOP and there are so many lovely prizes available that you will NOT want to miss it!!! The DT will be showcasing many new and GORGEOUS products which will be available for purchase for the first time on that same day!!! The Blog Hop will run from the 28th until Noon UK time on Saturday, April 30, with the Grand Winner drawn on Saturday evening!!! 
 
See you tomorrow!
Thanks for visiting!

Hugs, Dena







23 comments:

Pink Lady68 said...

A beautiful card Dena!
Love the color combo and cute image:-)
The wedding start 12 o`clock on Friday!
I`m going to see it too:-)
Have a nice Wednesday!
Hugs Laila.

ellabella said...

Such a pretty card. You always do such wonderful jobs on your cards.
Hugs Janine

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, Dena this card is so gorgeous! Love the colors you used. Would love to see the wedding if I'm at home!
hugs Yvonne

jules said...

Oh Dena love this!! stunning card!

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous card Dena. Yes, I certainly will be watching the wedding and we all get the day of so yipppeeeeee! Hugs Tracy x

Victoria said...

oh i love this gorgoeus work x

Louise said...

Amazing Dena!!
And by the way! - totally William and Kate!
:) This couple is adorable and your colouring is drop dead gorgoues :) Love it when you're in a pink mood :) :) Stunning!!

Actually we had a royal wedding about a year ago and everything was so hyped here :) Media was through the roof and most swedes pretty proud!
Crownprincess Victoria and Prince Daniel lays more close to my heart so I'm imaging them instead ;)

THANK you so much for EVERYTHING you do for me :)
Now I'm off writing you a very happy email :)
Hugs

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Wonderful Dena!!
Love the way you colour
it`s amazing!
Good lurn a lot from you;)
can`t you come over and be my neighber LOL.

Hugs
Sonja xx

Rachael said...

Very very pretty!
Love the hot pink its fab!
As is your colouring as per usual!!
Rach :) xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction said...

Wonderful Dena. A very lovely couple en beautifyl card. Wish you many pleasure to see the wedding on friday.
Gr. Marja

yvon said...

Absolut gorgeous card Dena, love that image and so beautiful colord. The flowers are amazing.
Hugs, Yvon

Astrid said...

Ohhh Dena, so beautiful this card. Very Very nice.
Hugs Astrid

Debbie Pamment said...

Hahahahaha - I had heard the Americans are more into the wedding than we were - but I do wish them every happiness and if this GORGEOUS card reflects the happy couple I'm sure they will. Another truly amazing job - just toooo sweeeet!
xXx

dolcreations said...

This is another beauty you have created! Very sweet Dena!

Judy's Crafty Moments said...

I just lurves your Will and Kate! I am so excited about Friday...just hope my boys will sit still long enough so I can watch it! It starts at Midday UK time......but all the build up will be much earlier. So it will be an early rise for you Mrs if you want to watch it all Live :)

Hope you are doing well my friend,

Hugs
Judy xx

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card, they do look like a young Will & Kate, will watch it if I'm home if only to see the dress!
Helen x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Such a stunning creation Dena!
Yes I will be watching it with you :)
hugs
kim x

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi love this Image they are just so Kate & William. I shall be watching while I am slicing at work lol can't wait to see her dress and tiara. Tnankyou so much for your comment on my blog it really gives me confidence. I have never heard of jelly bean smoothies of to investigate sounds delicious. Kitty :D ps cherry blossoms are my favourite. X

Marlies said...

I love your version of William and Kate, so cute!! Great colouring and lovely details!
hugs, Marlies

Christina C. said...

This is absolutely precious, Dena!!!
Will be getting up at 4:00am to watch the wedding!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo looking forward to it!

Linda Palmer said...

Dena, your cards are always beautiful enough for Royal Weddings. I do love the LOTV image you have colored so beautifully. Gorgeous card.

cardmaking bird said...

What a beautiful card and what a lovely thought of it being Will and Kate when they were little! So cute! The UK has got wedding fever! My son's school is having a garden party and mock wedding tomorrow and everyone's off on Friday, so we're going to a family bbq. I'll definitely be watching it - you've got to - something like this might never happen again in my lifetime!! It starts at 11am (GMT). Hugs, Marie xx

Norma said...

This is sooo… cute. And she is even wearing a hat like those Brit ladies…LOL. Yes I am planning to stay up and watch the wedding on the tellie. I already told my boss that I will be late coming in to work…hee hee. The ceremony will be 3 AM my time…yikes!!!

Hugs,
Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails