Friday, May 27, 2011

Always a Friend!


Gosh, I hardly seem to be posting these days.  Things are a little busy around here.  My  youngest is graduating next week and we have all sorts of things to do to get him ready for college.   The paperwork never seems ends..... send these scores here, send this money there, sign up for this orientation, blah, blah, blah. Whew! Then Alyssa is home so life has just switched gears for a moment.  Oh, and I can't forget to tell you about the vacation we are having the day after he graduates, so planning for that also.  I'm trying to get ahead on DT work, so please forgive me if I don't get around to visiting as much.

Anyhow, on to my card today which is for the new challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar.  The theme is sooo cute: FRIENDS!  Love that!  

I was lucky enough to have stamped this cutie while at my friend Andie's house.  I was having a copic crisis with not having the right colors, so I threw away the other image and started using my Prisma Pencils.  I have a huge box of those! haha! I really enjoyed working with them again.


Card Ingredients:
Stamps:  Magnolia - Brother and Sister
Ink:  Prisma Pencils with Gamsol for blending
Paper:  K&Co.
Embellies:  Two toned Antique Blue Cherry Blossoms, 25mm Two Toned Wild Roses, Self Adhesive Rhinestones all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The ribbon is from my stash
Tools:  Sewing Machine, MS Frond Punch, MS Monarch Butterfly, Misc. tiny butterfly, EK Success Border Punch Starburst

 
The DT have done it again, they have all created the most adorable cards to show you. I hope you will go have a look and decide you want to join in our challenge and possibly win one of the two awesome prizes we have for this week!!!

Crafts U Love £10 voucher

 and

A kit of your choice listed below
 

 Thank you so much for stopping by today! It is always a joy to hear what you think about my cards!

Big hugs from Texas!

Dena



26 comments:

Kristel said...

Wowww this is awesome Dena!! Love your wonderful colouring dear!!
Hugs Kristel

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, you've done it again! Another absolutely stunningly beautiful card. Cancel your holiday girl, I'm on my way over for Prisma lessons! Hugs Sxx

Juls said...

as always your colouring is amazing!! I love the muted colours and all the layers! fabulous card! Hugs Juls

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Dena this is stunning. The colouring is perfection.Just stunning.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Astrid said...

Beautiful Dena, very lovely card.
And how beasy can a person be hihihi I know what you mean.
Hugs Astrid

Pink Lady68 said...

A gorgeous card with lovely papers and super cute image:-) Love it!!
Wish you and your family the very best! Hope you have time to enjoy everything too:-)

Hugs Laila.

Christina C. said...

Awwwhhhh, this is soooo sweet, Dena!
Love this stunning card. Amazing coloring....can't believe you did that with Prismas!

Louise said...

Stunning card Dena, the DP and your coloring are fabulous
Louise

Louise said...

Hi hunny!
This is such an adorable card! :)
LOVE the image and your coloring with the Prismas is supreme deluxe!
Lovely colorcombination and amazing flowers :) You sure know your way around those flowers :)
Stunning Dena!


Hugs

Tracy V. said...

Dena this is so pretty! The colors are beautiful and your coloring gorgeous as always!
hugs,
Tracy

Shazza said...

stunning card x

Debbie said...

Congratulations on the Graduation. My son will be graduating on June 27 and college bound as well. Can't believe my baby will be gone in a few months. But at least not that far. Enjoy yiur trip as well, have a great time where ever you are heading.

Now as for your card it is spectacular. I've taken out my pencils as well, but have only used them for shading or accenting. So thanks for the inspiration, think I'll actually color with them again.

Hugs
Debbie

Camilla said...

WOW such an amazing card as always!!! And your colouring is just stunning! I haven't tried prismas, but if it gets this beautiful, maybe I should have tried;)
Have a wonderful weekend!
And thank you for the inspirations you spread with every card of yours ♥
Hugs, Camilla

dolcreations said...

Wow...you coloured your adorable image with prismas! Wow Wow! You have done an amazing job! I know what you mean about this time of year being busy. Beautiful card Dena!

Elaine said...

Divine!!
Your prisma colouring is as fantastic as all your other mediums..I have polychromos but I'm not very good with them :(
Love the beautiful colours and those pretty papers.

Hugs Elaine xx

Sharon said...

Wow Dena....gorgeous colouring!
Beautiful card as always :)
My eldest will finish school this year too... But our school year ends in Nov/Dec. Busy times ahead!

Sharon x

Nanda said...

Great card. I like the colorcombination and the whole layout. Your colouring is beautiful.

Hugs, Nanda

Tanja E. said...

So beautiful and congratulation for colouring, just perfect:)))

Sue said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Love the image and the colouring is just perfect! Love those pencils. Great colour combo and papers!

Hugs Sue xx

Iulia said...

Totally beautiful Dena! Love the way you add depyh in your coloring ! Great colors and layout too!
Hugs and have a happy week!
Iulia

Rachael said...

Wow your colouring is amazing!! Love the colours too! I wouldnt dare go any where near a dark colour like navy but its beautiful!
Rach :) xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

So many happy events in your life. And your happiness is so reflected in this card! Love the Prismas! Hugs, Lesley

Pat said...

Hi Dena...I am really loving this stamp...and your card is just as gorgeous as can be!! I love your coloring...whether it's with Copics or Pencils...you are so dang talented! (I just noticed that you paint with oils too. Is there no end to your talent?!!) Congrats on all the excitement at your house. Hugs. Pat Frank

Chris said...

Totally gorgeous card Dena, your colouring always makes my jaw drop sweetie and your design is perfection! Love the colours too. Sounds like things are ultra busy for you but I hope you have a great holiday when you get to it. Big hugs, Chris :)

Angela said...

Wow Dena, is this ever so gorgeous! Striking really! I LOVE this color combination and papers! Beautiful coloring on this cute couple too my friend!

Have a great week, big hugs, Angela

Angela said...

Oh just read that you used prisma pencils to color this image in so beautifully! You are just toooo talented! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails