Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lili of the Valley Challenge - I Believe In Fairies!


Hello crafting friends! I have a new card today for the Lili of theValley Challenge and the theme this week is I BELIEVE IN FAIRIES.  We would like to see you use a fairy on your project!  Remember to use an LOTV image in order to be put into the drawing!

I have done something a little different today!  You know how I like to try new techniques, weeeeellllll.......I went the Minna's blog and saw THIS tutorial on painting on cards.  OMG! Her work is stunning and I love the effect.  

This little sweetie is called "Dandelion Clock"  and can be found at the Lili of the Valley shop.  I colored her with copics and hit a few spots with Prisma pencils to bring out more depth.  Her wings have Stardust stickles and so do the Dandelions.

Check out the white acrylic paint on the flowers.  I then added some Stardust Stickles to this also.  The flowers I used are:


I added Picket Fence White Crackle Paint to the silver metal corners from Wild Orchid.  I like how a little fell off and it shows the silver, very chic! haha!

One more picture and I wanted to point out the cool looking cheese cloth around the image and for the bow.  I first saw this on my very talented friend Hanne's blog!
I will mention too that I heat embossed white with the Stempelglede Grunge corner on the corners of the image instead of using the additive that Minna used.  I don't have it so I was making due.  It's funny, you sooooo would not recognize this paper without the paint.  It is so much more subdued.  Oh, and I also used some liquid pearls for the little dots here and there.  The lace is a Cotton Lace from Wild Orchid Crafts also.

Well, I hope you have stayed with me to explain this little project.  It was so easy and super fun to do something a little different.  Thank you Minna for the wonderful tutorial!!!!  I am sure I will be doing this a lot more often!

I hope you will join our challenge at Lili of the Valley and check out all the other DT's wonderful work!
Thanks so much for your uplifting words!!!

Hugs, Dena




29 comments:

Jane said...

Wow I just saw your card on the LOTV blog. I think this is the most wonderful colour palette, it almost has an antique feel to it.
Well done, it's my favourite.
Jane x

Squirrel x said...

So much work Dena, it must have taken you all day - but wow, what a result! Totally fabulous hun. Sxx

Jane said...

WOW! this is stunning hun!! Gorgeous colours and your cheesecloth bow looks A-mazing!!! hugs, Jane x

yvon said...

Wow, this is so amazingly beautiful. Love, love it. Gorgeous colors and the design is stunning.
Hugs, Yvon

Angela said...

Oh this is beautiful Dena! Love those gorgeous flowers and the technique you used on the metal corner. Awesome coloring with copics and pencils! Beautiful work! :) big hugs, Angela

Anne said...

This is georgeus, I love the colors of the flowers, and the image is so beautiful. :)

Hugs, Anne.

dolcreations said...

Your card is gorgeous Dena! You have put so much love and work into your card! Thank-you for sharing your talent!

amanda stokes said...

Hi Dena,
This is stunning,love the beautifully coloured image and pretty papers and emellies :) xx

Tab said...

Dena, your card is breathtakingly beautiful, hun! I love the cheesecloth that I keep seeing...must try to locate some :o)....I like how you have painted your metal corners....oooh you are inspiring me greatly, sweetie!
Hugs Tab xxx

Christina C. said...

Absolutely G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

OMG!!! Dena, this was your first time at a new technique.. You are a natural..this is magnificent. The colors so soft, and the corner piece, and flowers are just stunning..

I am totally in awe of your talent..
Hugs
Debbie

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is just beautiful!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Dena, this is GORGEOUS! I love the way the cheese cloth looks. What a great idea! Beautiful coloring and colors. Such a soft elegant card!

Hugs, Mindy

Molecraft said...

Wow, stunning card, so many details and gorgeous colours, love it!
Helen x

Therese said...

I absolutely love it!Beautiful details. Gorgeous flowers and it looks great togheter with the cheese cloth. Your colouring is awesome...*sigh*!! :))

papirdilla said...

Hi, Dena! I'm still here! I'm so sorry for being so quiet for a long time. And I really want to thank you for your comments on my blog. You make my day, sweetie:)
Then your card.... OMG, Dena!!! Drop dead gorgeous! WOW! I just love everything about it. It's so beautiful:) Really shabby style. Me like:)))

I wish you a great day, my dear friend. Take care:)

Hugs,
Hanne

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi Wow amazing !!!! card. Every technique is gorgeous ! Lost for words love it all Kitty :)

Linda Palmer said...

Wow! Dena this is gorgeous. I love everything about this card..stunning.

Elaine said...

OH MY! This is awesome...you know I always say that, but it's true. Your colouring is amazing and I love the flowers and the white/silver corner.
One of my favourite images too.

Enjoy the weekend, it's nearly here!

Love Elaine xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Dena the colouring is breathtaking the flowers and image are so beautiful I love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

ellabella said...

Oh, your card is just fabulous. Your coloring is stunning and I love all the beautiful embellishments.
Hugs Janine

Tammi said...

Wow! I've been here looking at your gorgeous card for a few minutes, so many amazing details to look at! Love how you painted the filigree corners/flowers, etc...lovely! ~hugs

Kylie said...

Gorgeous Dena! I love the shabby look :) The paint is heaps of fun for a change isn't it? I didn't know Minna had done a tute, i'll head over and check it out. Love the cheesecloth!
Have a great weekend,
Hugs
Kylie

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous Dena, what a great image and wonderful details.
luv
debby

Iren said...

So beautiful Dena! And all Your cards is so beautiful I love them all!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too :o)

Have a nice weekend :o)

Hugs

Juls said...

so soft pretty and magical! Love everything about it! Hugs Juls

Nanda said...

I like this card alot! The softnes is beautiful.

Hugs, Nanda

Grenouille Greetings said...

What is the superlative of excel? You've done it here, Dena! Love the white acrylic finishes and the delightful colours. So sad I couldn't get to you - next time I come to Florida perhaps you will come to me for a visit. Siesta Key Beach has just been voted the best in the nation! Hugs, Lesley

Pat said...

Oh Dena...another stunning creation. I am definitely going to "borrow" ideas from this one too! hehehe! Hugs. Pat Frank

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails