Monday, May 23, 2011

Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge



Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good. I went on a date with my hubby on Friday night and saw the new Pirates.  I loved it, but hubby didn't think so highly of it.  

I'm back with a new challenge at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge blog! This time around we want to see all your work with LOTS OF LAYERS AND EMBOSSING.  You need at least 3 layers on your card and either dry or wet embossing.  For my card I used dry embossing on the blue piece.  I ran it through the cuddlebug with the swirls folder.  You can see a close up here:

I was going for a water/wave feel! haha!

I used one of the super cute image from Angie's new store Love To Stamp.  This is a Little Darlings Stamp called "Sailboat of Dreams".   Incidentally, Love to Stamp is sponsoring the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week so you could win a prize from them.

Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Little Darlings - Sailboat of Dreams from Love to Stamp
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:  K&Co. - Watercolor Bouquet
Tools:  Swirl Cuddlebug Folder, MS Pine Branch Punch
all from WILD ORCHID CRAFTS!!!

We'd love to see you come out and join in our challenge.  You have two weeks to join in!

Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for stopping by!

Big hugs, Dena



24 comments:

Melanie-Jane said...

Oh Wow Dena what a pretty card. I love that stamp. And your colouring is just beautiful. The baby blue ribbon fits perfectly.
Wish you a great week.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Kristel said...

Woww Dena that is a gorgeous card again dear! Looks so fabulous!
Hugs Kristel

Renkata said...

Adorable card Dena!

Francy said...

Oh this is a lovely card, the stamp are beautiful.
Francy

Debbie said...

This is beautiful, I love the colors and I love the postmark stamp in the corner. Perfect touch

Hugs
Debbie

Corine van der Zee said...

So beatiful, lovely colors and image!

Hugs Corine

Joan V said...

Ah, such a pretty card. I just love all the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing.

Dodici said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!
xxx

Louise said...

Absolutely gorgoues Dena! :) :)
I love the wawy feel to it so you´ve surely succeded there! ;)
Amazing colours and a beautiful coloring as always :)

Hugs

amanda stokes said...

Hi Dena,
Beautiful card,sweet image and fab papers :) xx

Frea said...

Hello Dena, love this sweet card and the paper is so pretty. Hugs, Frea

Molecraft said...

Really pretty card, love the image!
Helen x

Elaine said...

This is such a perfectly pretty card Dena. I would never have chosen this image myself, but then I see what an amazing card you made with it and I need to go and look it up now!
Very beautiful..

Hugs Elaine xx

Vicka M said...

So romantic! Both the card and that you got to go on a date with your husband:)

Jackie Thomas said...

Dena, this is gorgeous.
hugs xo

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Dena.
luv
Debby

Tab said...

Oh Dena, hun, your card is adorable! Love this sweet images :o)
Hope you had a good time on your date night!
Hugs Tab xxx

Angela said...

Dena this is just so beautiful! Don't you love this sailboat image? One of my favorites and your coloring is stunning! Everything coordinates beautifully - love the pink and blue color combo! Big hugs sweetie, Angela <3

ellabella said...

Oh this is so very precious Dena! I love your layout and your coloring is always awesome girl!! ;) Really gorgeous creation!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Dena this is utterly gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, loving the super sweet image, gorgeous colours and details, hugs pops x x x

Tammi said...

So lovely...beautifully put together!

Juls said...

this is just beautiful! Love the postmark detail! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

How pretty is this? Oh so pretty!
Love your lacey trim. Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails