Monday, June 27, 2011

Just for Fun and lots of Pink!

Hi everyone!  I'm back with a card featuring one of the new cuties from Lily of the Valley called "Emma Walkies".  You remember how I went on a cruise for  a week recently?  Well, someone had to keep my baby "Rambo" and it was my Mom and Dad.  When I saw this image, it was the PERFECT thank you for them!!!

They actually have two little shi-tzus just like Rambo! I think they will like it! haha!
Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Lili of the Valley - Emma Walkie and Mixed Circular Sentiments, Stempleglede Grunge Corner
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper - Tim Holtz - Vintage Shabby
Tools:  MS Frond Punch, Spellbinder -Parisian Accents , Crealies Border Die


Speaking of Wild Orchid Crafts, they are always finding new (click there and it goes to all the new stuff) and wonderful things to carry for our cardmaking.  A few of the new items are beautiful appliques of hearts and butterflies, carnations,  German Glass Glitter, silk ribbon (nothing like I buy at Walmart, it is super luxurious!!!), small filigree corners (not quite and inch long), and raffia ribbon!!!! Seriously, amazing stuff and amazing prices.  I am in Heaven! Check it out!

Also, I recently discovered this wonderful challenge blog called Crafting Life's Pieces and there was an amazing sketch on it! Soooo, I had to enter!  My card is extremely dull in comparison to some of the design team's. Wow! They are all so talented.  I enjoyed working with the sketch though and will probably use it again.

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog.  You guys are always so encouraging and I truly appreciate it!

Have a FANTABULOUS Day!

Hugs, Dena

31 comments:

Debra G Smith said...

I think this image is just adorable. I love the soft pinks and blues that you used. The lace adds a nice touch. Paper is so pretty and vintage looking. Love this card!!!
Hugs..

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hi Dena,

Wonderful creation little vintage in it !
Love the colourings DP is very nice:)

Hugs
Sonja

ellabella said...

Oh, this is absolutely adorable, Dena! Love the colours, and the small floral arrangements really makes this card so beautiful :-)
Hugs Janine

Corine van der Zee said...

This is stunning!!! I love the way you color your images, so beautiful!! And the details....gohsss

Hugs Corine

Judi said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS work, as always Dena! Love the image, and everything about your card.

Hugs - Judi x

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous cute card Dena.
luv
Debby

Louise said...

Hi hunny!
Oh, this card speaks right to my heart for so many reasons! :) I always love a good story behind a card and this sounds perfect for your lucky parents! And..you know I also have a weak spot for everything pink and so this is super gorgeous :) and all of those absolutely beautiful flowers are stunning!
But as always your tremendous colouring is out of this world fabby! Emma and the doggies look great!

Hugs!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie!!!

karen said...

Beautiful and such gorgeous details, Karenxx

dolcreations said...

Dena, your parents are going to LOVE this card. I love the layout too and the use of the distress inks is to die for! Gorgeous as ever Dena!

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous card Dena, I love the cute image, lovely colours and the sketch is indeed great!
hugs, Marlies

Dorcas said...

OMGoodness this is gorgeous! I adore your coloring!

Christina C. said...

OMG, Dena, you never cease to amaze me with your talent! You just bring those cute little LOTV images to life.....sooooo precious!!!!!

Molecraft said...

Wow, another beauty, gorgeous colours, love it!
Helen x

tilly said...

really cute image, sure your Mum and Dad will love it
Tilly

Tinchen said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte,einfach perfekt.


LG Tinchen

Vicky McClean said...

OMG!!! I am in love with this card darling, its Gorgeous with a capital 'G'!!!i love Crafting Life's Pieces too, but i would never put your cards & extremely dull in the same sentence!!!shame on you tut tut.....lol.....love & hugs to you hun, love vick xxx

Gretchen said...

I just love everything about this card. It is so sweet.

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi Dena!!! Your card is just so divine. I LOVE this image what a cutie pie. Ooh and those roses are gorgeous. Awesome job honey girl.
Have a great day.
Hugs Bonnie

Tammi said...

They'll love this, so perfect! She's adorable, I always love your coloring...and what a fantastic flower corner! ~hugs

Janiel/ janny said...

Perfect card for your sitters...... LOVING the pink!!! hahaha but then you know I do...
hope all is well with you...............
and love the bright BRING ON THE SUMMER card below..
hugs, Janiel

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rachael said...

This is so so pretty! And a very apt image for this thank you card -I'd sure love to receive this!
Amazing colouring as always!
Hugs, Rach :) xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card for your parents. i am sure they loved it. And I am sure they spoiled Rambo rotten..

Hugs
Debbie

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Dena this is one very beautiful creation what a gorgeous image and loving the papers, flowers and design a perfect card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

papirdilla said...

OMG, Dena!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I loooove your coloring, WOW! And I love every little detail on this card. Everything is just perfect. Really hope your parents liked it as much as I do:)
Big hugs,
Hanne

Especially_For_You said...

Such a gorgeous card, I am now a follower! :)

Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You.

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

What a beauty!.... Stunning card - I just love everything about it! Say no more!! :)) Awesome take on the June sketch on the CLP challenge blog! Thank you for entering. We'd love to see you do for the next month also

Hugs, Hege

Elise said...

Oooooh! Wooowww! This is absolutely GOR-GEOUS!!!! I love your colouring so very much! And those dp's and flowers .. ahhhh .. divine!!! :) STUNNING creation! Thank you so much for joining us on CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

Juls said...

beautiful!!! your colouring is just amazing!!! I really love the fact you have created a soft vintage look, ant the lace is such a gorgeous finishing touch! Hugs Juls

Dunja said...

Hi Dena,

your card is so adorable. Brilliant take on the June sketch on the CLP challenge blog! Thank you for joining us. Hope to see you next month again.

Hugs Dunja

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails