Friday, June 3, 2011

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar - Lace

Well, today is the big day for my baby boy to Graduate! I am sooo very proud of the fine young man he is becoming.  He will be attending a college just 3 hours away in San Antonio, Texas.  He has been a mama's boy for a long time now and it will be very interesting to see how he adjusts.  It may be a short lived college time in SA if he doesn't follow the rules we have placed on him haha!

For today I would like to share my DT card for Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar.



Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Magnolia - Tilda With Flower Pot
Inks:  Distress Ink Refills
Paper:  Pion Designs (These are my VERY favorite of allllllll time!!! It was so hard to cut them!!!!!)
Tools:  Magnolia Doohickey Fence, Sewing Machine, MS Frond Punch
Embellies:    15mm Open Roses, Ivory and Lilac Cherry Blossoms, 6mm Rosebuds, and Natural Cotton Lace all from Wild Orchid Crafts!!!


The doily is from my stash, but Wild Orchid Crafts is now carrying them.  I just dunked my white one in some coffee to give it the ivory look. 

Don't you just love all the new stamps for the Magnolia Sweet Rainbow collection?  Wow! That was such a hard decision when I was purchasing mine from Magnolia-licious.  I may have to make another order! haha!  My order has not arrived yet, but when I get back from vacation, I plan on coloring them all up!! Yippee!

Well, time to run!  So much to do before the graduation ceremony!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful words you leave me! I love to read them all!

Hugs, Dena

26 comments:

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Dena, your card is awesome! This Magnolia is one of my favorites and you colored her so beautifull. Love all the details!
hugs Yvonne

Chrissy said...

A stunning card...the papers ARE beautiful, and the colours, image all the details...just fantastic.

Luv CHRISSYxx

jules said...

wow stunning card!! love the colour!!

Debbie said...

Love how you aged the fence and doily. thanks for the tip on the coffee... Will have to give it a try..but I guess before I put the milk in...lol Totally LOVE this card your attention to detail is fantastic as always.


Congratulations to your son once again.

Hugs
Debbie

Juls said...

gorgeous!! such a great mix of DP's and I adore your gorgeous little fence detail!! Hugs Juls

dolcreations said...

Such a happy day for your family! A new chapter in his life and yours...I may be going thru this next year with my daughter....oh it seems just yesterday we were changing their diapers!

Dena...I can totally see why you love this paper. Your so awesome at finding the BESTEST paper and then making the BESTERS card!

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, love the DP and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for the tip with the coffee
Louise

Christina C. said...

Gorgeous card, Dena!!!! I agree with you, I have a stack of Pion papers and I hate cutting into them!!!!
Your coloring and details are absolutely amazing.

Sharon Keanly said...

Congratulations on your son's graduation... Just love your card. Absolutely beautiful. That fence is on my wish list! hugs Sharon

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

yvon said...

Dena, this is a gorgeous card. And those papers are soo beautiful.
Congratulations on your son's graduation.
Hugs, Yvon

Pink Lady68 said...

A stunning card Dena! Love the layout, Pion papers, colors and cute Tilda!!
My son`s graduation is also around the corner:-) Congratulations with your son!! Time has just gone so fast:-)

Have a great weekend!! Hugs Laila.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers and colour combo with the flowers and ribbon.

Sue xx

papirdilla said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Dena! Love it:)
Congrats on your son's graduation.
Hugs,
Hanne

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh Dena, this is absolutely gorgeous. stunning colouring and gorgeous embellishments.
Hugs xo

Kathy said...

Oh Dena congrats to your son!!! Such a bittersweet day huh? Mine graduated from kindergarten and it was hard ~ I can't imagine when they go off to college!!! And to San Antonio how cool is that!!!!
Love your card!!! Those papers are just gorgeous and all your details are so pretty!!! I had to get that fence and it just came! It looks fabulous!! Beautiful coloration as well!
I got a couple of them and it was very hard to pick but I haven't colored a Tilda in ages :(
Hope you have a nice week-end!
:)Kathy

Ankie vd Polder said...

Wow, this is nice. Love the way you used your colors. Hugs, Ankie

Louise said...

Hi hunny!

Oh...this is soooo beautiful gal! :) I could just burst into tears reading about how you actually ended up finally cutting these babies up! ;) I can see why it was hard but you´re such a brave girl! :) :) Besides that I still feel they´re so much more beautiful on this smashing card you´ve made! It´s so frikkin gorgoues and the coloration of cute Tilda makes me feel short of breath :) Beautiful!!! Love the fence too, it´s so fabby there :)

I hope you and your family had a great day yesterday! Congrats on his big day! It´s a gooooood thing he will be studying close by :)

HUGS!

ednamburgess said...

Love the picture, papers, layout but especially the colors. Any shade of purple is my favorite.

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and the sweet doilie behind the sweet image :)

Molecraft said...

Simply stunning, gorgeous colours!
Helen x

Corine van der Zee said...

This is STUNNING!!! Love the purple, gorgeous flowers and beautiful image!

Hugs Corine

LINDA W. said...

Just one word GORGEOUS always
love your coloring.
hugs Linda

Therese said...

Utterly beautiful! Love the colors and the gorgeous papers. The fence is very cute...it`s on my wishlist! :))

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a divine creation, Dena! Just love the lilac/aubergine colour scheme, the pretty papers and lovely picket fence. Tilda is coloured up a dream! Hugs, Lesley

Tammi said...

Congrats to him, wishing him all the best! And wow girl, your card is stunning!! Love those papers too and you use them so well! Colors are amazing on this...as is everything else! :) Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails