Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar - Paper Piecing!

It's Friday and that means another new challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar!  This time my friend Michelle chose the theme and it is "PAPER PIECING".

I have a very special friend having a birthday in the next few days, so I made her this cake card!  I have been seeing so many people making them and thought "what a clever idea".  It makes for a very special card.  Anyhow, I got the instructions from Kathrin HERE.  They were very easy to follow.  Do not be intimidated, it was not hard at all.

This is what it looks like when you have it fold down.  Sooooo cute! You can see I used the same paper on her dress as on the candle box holder.

Tilda with Balloon, which can be found at Magnolia-licious,  is colored in copics and you can see I HAD to add my usual gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I used the colors lavendar, aqua, white, and Lt. lime green.  I also used that amazing Guipure Lace from Wild Orchid.  The sentiment is one of those $1 stamps from Michaels again! haha!


 I used a Crealies Border around the cake and snow texture for the "icing".

One more picture for good measure and to show you without the candles.  You can see the cake sits on a little cirlce doily.

I hope my friend likes her card, I have a little something extra tucked behind the image for her.

Thanks for checking in on me today! I hope your weekend is FABULOUS!!!

Happy Crafting!  Dena


30 comments:

kelly said...

Gorgeous Dena.The colours are so cheery an she is such a sweet Tilda.
Take care Kelly.

Sharon said...

Wow Dena, this is stunning. What a fabulous idea - thanks for linking to the tutorial. The colour scheme is beautiful and your friend is going to love receiving this.

Sharon said...

WOW Dena, this card is just divine!! I love the beautiful colour scheme and of course that gorgeous cake.

Awesome card :)

Sharon x

Rachael said...

OMW this is fantastic! I love the colour scheme you have used, its so bright and cheery!!
You can tell you have put a lot of effort into making this and Im sure the recipient will love it!
Rach :) xx

Debbie said...

Beautifully done as always... Will have to give this a try over the summer when i'm home... Thanks for the link.

Hugs
Debbie

craftpassions said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Love the 3D effect and the colours are perfect.

jules said...

oh wow Dena just STUNNING!!!!!!! love the soft colours

Juls said...

wowzer!!!! this is just so gorgeous and creative!!! and I just adore her paper pieced dress, too too cute!!! Hugs juls

dolcreations said...

Dena, your friend is going to LOVE this card....she will be in awhhh! I love the idea...thank-you so much for sharing the link to the tutorial.

tilly said...

wow, lucky friend....... a stunning card, she will love it
Tilly

BellaArt said...

WOW fantastic idea:) a gorgeous card!:)

Christina C. said...

WOW....I AM SPEECHLESS!!!!!!
This is unbelievably GORGEOUS...AMAZING.....A PHENOMENAL WORK OF ART!

Linda Palmer said...

Gorgeous! Everything about it is gorgeous.

Therese said...

Oh wow, what a stunning creation. Sooo beautiful. Love it! :))

Marlies said...

Gorgeous card Dena! Beautiful papers and colours and a lovely model card!
hugs, Marlies

Frea said...

Hi Dena, wow hun that is such a wonderful card, I too love that idea. I'm definitely gonna check out that tutorial. Hugs, Frea

papirdilla said...

Oh, this is just amazing!! Really gorgeous creation, Dena! Love it:) I have to try this out. Really great idea when I'm making birthdaycards for my daughter's friends.
I wish you a great weekend with lots of fun:)
Big hugs,
Hanne

Leonie said...

What an absolutely fabulous birthday card Dena!! :D

Hugs,
Leonie.

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Wow, Dena this is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen for quit some time! I love everything about it!!!!!!
hugs Yvonne

debbies said...

Goodness I hope this is for Tammi!!!

Elaine said...

AMAZING Dena. WOW..this really is awesome and your friend will love it (but if not, she can always send it along to me and I will love it!)

Hugs Elaine xxx

Diane said...

Your cake card is gorgeous, Dena! I love how you've shaded Tilda's paper pieced dress to show the folds.
Diane x

Molecraft said...

Wow, stunning doesn't come close! gorgeous card, gorgeous colours and fabulous design!
Helen x

Arline said...

This is absolutely stunning!x

Linda said...

Gorgeous, stunning Fabulous!!!!!
The colors and the design are brethtaking!!!!! What a super creation!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!

angelwhispers said...

Amazing Dena just Love it!!! What pretty colours and the design just fab!! Chanelle xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwwww oh my word Dena this is truly wonderful an amazing creation absolutely stunning.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my goodness, how did I miss this post Dena. Just LOVE this beautiful creation of yours.

Iulia said...

Wowzers! Yes, the perfect birthday card! Love it all! Great colors and papers and that cake looks as if real...yummy!
Hugs, Iulia

Tammi said...

Hope you got my thank you email...your friend absolutely LOVED it!! ;) Talk about gasping when I opened it up and saw it, so much work, just stunning and gorgeous, thanks again sooooo much Dena!! Big hugs my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails