Monday, July 11, 2011

An Altered Jelly Bean Tin and Some Fun Happenings!

I have been keeping a secret for a long time now and today I can finally tell you about a super fun week next week at Wild Orchid Crafts Blog.


Now that's a pretty nice combo huh? LOTV and WOC?  AHHHH!  We are joining together to bring you one super fantastic week of Christmas in July ideas and prizes and sneak peeks!!! What could be better than than???  We will be having more details later on but the festivities start next Monday, July 18th, at the Wild Orchid Crafts Blog.

Now on to my project today:


I snitched my son and daughter's Easter jelly bean tins because they were oh so perfect for crafting.  Don't you love it when you see something like this and just know it will make the perfect little gift all spruced up?


Here is what it started out like:



It's so cool that there was already an acetate window and everything! Minimal work!
I just put a few jewelry pieces for you to get the idea, but I really think it would be cute on a little girl's dresser with hair clips and ribbon for their hair!  I added metallic paper to the inside kinda acting like a mirror, but a real mirror is what I really wanted to add, just didn't have time to go find one.

Isn't the Lili of the Valley image perfect for this?  I know I use this girl a lot, but she is doggone cute!! She is called "New Hat".  I colored her with copics on LOTV Card.

That's it for me today!  I sure hope you like my little project!
Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for visiting me!

Hugs, Dena


26 comments:

Kristel said...

Wowww this is absolutely stunning Dena! Looks so sweet! Wonderful idea!
Hugs Kristel

Sharon Keanly said...

So very cute Dena, just love your little project for today. hugs Sharon

Angela said...

What a sweet little project this is, Dena! Love how you decorated this tin so prettily and that image is perfect for the top. Will be perfect for little hair bows on a little girl's dresser. Gorgeous!! :) hugs, Angela

Louise said...

Wow!! absolutely fabulous idea Dena, so pretty and girly, love it
Louise

Lillemor said...

So sweet and pefect to store jewlery in!
Have a nice day!
Hugs Lillemor

dolcreations said...

Very Very cute Dena! Love the new blog look!

Frea said...

Hi Dina, so pretty this box!! Love the romantic look. Hugs, Frea

Angelica said...

This is just adorable, like you said perfect for a little girl.

Patty Sue 2 said...

What a wonderful way to recycle an item. This is just as cute as can be.

Juls said...

what an adoarable keepsake! Hugs Juls

Tammi said...

Sweet little tin, so cute Dena! I haven't popped in for awhile...love the new blog header too! ~hugs

Jodie from Oz said...

Dena, wow, your little trinket box is adorable, a wonderful idea and gift for a little girl. The flowers are gorgeous and the image is so sweet and coloured beautifully. Have a great week. hugs Jodie from Oz

Grenouille Greetings said...

Lots of lovely creations to enjoy on your blog since my last visit, Dena. This little tin is such a treat! Perfect image choice and such sweet embellishments. Hugs, Lesley - by the way - I love your new makeover!

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is so sweet! I love how you decorated it with the lace and flowers!

Louise said...

Hi hunny!

OMG!! This is sooooo gorgeous!!!
Love the fact you saved this tins to make them this beautiful :) Amazingly cute result, the image is lush and your colouring and all the flowers are so stunning!

Hugs

angelwhispers said...

This is so fab such a great idea and just love the image and detail. Chanelle xxx

Christina C. said...

Why don't I ever think of something like that???? hahahaha
What a lovely, adorable gift idea!!!!

Debbie said...

What a great idea... It's amazing how we look at something that other people would have tossed into the trash only to turn it into a beautiful work of art. And that's what this is. Love your altered tin..

Hugs
Debbie

Pat said...

Oh Dena...aren't you so clever!!! I love this LOTV cutie...and the jewelry tin is absolutely inspired! Hugs...Pat

Kylie said...

Oh WOW Dena! Your jelly bean tin is just adorable :) What a perfect image for it. So cute :)
I love your new look blog too :)
Have a great week
Hugs Kylie xx

Gretchen said...

That is sooo adorable I love it. Such a clever idea.

Rach said...

oh how adorable is this,, so sweet, hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Oh your little tin is too adorable for words :o)....I love it, so pretty!
Hugs Tab xxx

Elise said...

Hi ya Dena! Ooooh gosh! Okay, this is just too gorgeous for words!!! I love that pretty lace around the top, and beautiful flowers and ribbon .. with the most WONDERFULLY coloured LOTV image!!! Your colouring is soOooOo delicate and soft ... simply STUNNING! I love this Dena!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Elise

Molecraft said...

What a fabulous idea, love it, it's gorgeous!
Helen x

Iulia said...

How beautiful! Sweet and tiny, really perfect for a little girl's bows and hair stuff. Great idea!
Hugs, Iulia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails