Thursday, July 21, 2011

Another Up and Away Card, but Sideways!

Hey ya'll! I'm back with another one of those Up and Away cards. I am still playing around with it and trying to perfect some things.  I hope to have a tutorial up very soon.  I need to get this week past me first! haha!

Today is another new challenge at the Lili of the Valley Challenge Blog and the theme is 'FUN AND GAMES', and I tell ya, I am having more fun playing with these new stamps!!! I know you guys can't wait to get your hands on them. They are just all so super sweet!  July 25th is the release date! So here is the front of my Up and Away card:

This front image is called "Build a Snowman".  I colored these images with Prisma pencils this time around. I used some of the red and white poinsettias from Wild Orchid Crafts, along with Self Adhesive rhinestones


You can see the little skier called  "Ski Jump" goes forward when you open the card! I tore some paper to look like snow at the bottom.  The card had to be made in the opposite direction of a normal card due to the skier facing that direction and the motion involved. I couldn't very well have him skiing backwards now could I? haha! Also, these LOTV's are not the easiest to cut out with so much detail and all, so I just put him in a circle.  I think it works just fine!


 I am currently seeing if there is any way of making it move a little further, but at a loss right now. Give me a little more time and we'll see what happens.

Anyhow, be sure to check our what all the fabulous girls at the LOTV Challenge have done this week! So many cute new images and lots of ideas!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my blog, it means a lot!

Hugs, Dena

26 comments:

Dodici said...

Fantastic card,love how you have torn the paper inside to look like snow.

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Fabulous card Dena. I love your amazing colouring.
Clare x

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, I think God blessed you with more than your share of creativity - this is amazing! Hugs Sxx

Astrid said...

Gorgeous card Dena, the new stamps are very beautiful.
Hugs Astrid

maxine said...

Stunning card so beautiful hugs maxine x

Jackie Thomas said...

this is just gorgeous Dena. Beautifully coloured.
Hugs xo Jackie

Kristel said...

That is such a stunning card again Dena! Really love the model of it!!
Hugs Kristel

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Dena, would love to see it IRL, and watch it move. Gorgeous colouring and those images.. mmm..cant wait.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Shirl said...

Absolutely stunning card Dena! Will be looking forward to see you make it move a little further! :D

Alessandra said...

What shall I say...it's another fabulous card with all the things I always say: beautiful colouring, matching colours, nice and neatly crafted.
Hearts & Hugs
Alessandra

Anne said...

This totally gives me christmas spirit, it looks like childhood winter fun, and I loove the adorable stamps. Georgeus colors too, so perfect.

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

My what a stunner, love love love it

Ali x

Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful, love your coloring with the pencils
Louise

Carissa said...

Gorgeous card.

Hanna said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Dena! Love the fold, and how you've placed the two images, such a fun Christmas card to recieve! Love this idea, and the way you've decorated your card is totally amazing, love your design. Very beautiful! :) Your colouring is just ADORABLE! :)
hugs,
Hanna

ahlers5 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love how the paper is torn.
Diane

ednamburgess said...

Very cute and colorful. Like the way you've done the inside also. Edna

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh sweetie your card is super sweet and I just love the new stamps! Such gorgeous paper!!!!I am looking forward to your tutorial on how to make these cards.
Hugs Bonnie

yvon said...

This is gorgeous Dena, love those images very much and your coloring is beautiful.
Hugs, Yvon

Liesje's cards said...

HI
I love your card, it is like 2 in 1. Lovely idea!
Greetz
Annelies

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Louise said...

Hiya hunny!

This is soooo gorgeous! I LOVE when you make chrissy cards and I love when they contain these delish red nuances :) You might have noticed you never see me go with red? It´s because I simply can´t. Looks like something a five year old would do! :( I love red though! Beautiful flowers and an amazingly cute image :) Coloured to perfection - as always!

I´ve been meaning to send you a little something I found at the Maggie store when I visited in june..somehow I didn´t get to send it off until yesterday though..I know: shame on me...! But it´s now on it´s way..be on the look out ;)

Hugs!!

Yvonne's cardcorner said...

Gorgeous creation, great cardmodel this is!
hugs Yvonne

Sue said...

This is SO beautiful! Love the inside and out. Gorgeous papers and flowers.
Hugs Sue xx

Zora said...

WOW!! thanks for al your ieas, this card is gorgues :O)

Juls said...

wow!! so gorgeous and creative!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails