Friday, July 29, 2011

Buttons, Bows, and Blooms!

SOLD
Nothing like an awesome challenge to get the ideas flowing huh? Today our new challenge at Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar is "BUTTONS, BOWS, AND BLOOMS".  Thanks Dawny!

We have two fantastic sponsors for this week;  The Ribbon Girl, choose one of the three colors set,  and The Cutting Cafe is two files of the winner's choice.


I got my card idea from the Whiff of Joy tutorials!  I thought this was a fun way to make a card.  Here is what I did for the inside!

She looks like she is giving a hug, so I made a "Consider yourself hugged" sentiment!
Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Sweetie Tilda and older Tilda?  from Magnolialicious
Inks:  Distress Inks
Paper:  K&Co. - Watercolor Bouquet
Tools:  MS Pine Branch Punch, Magnolia Doohickey - Romantic Lace, Sewing Machine, Lacey Circle Spellbinders
Embellishments:  Sm. Flat two toned Gardenia, 25mm Rose Pink Open Rose, 15mm Rose Pink Open Rose, Sweetheart Blossoms, Pink Tulips, Self Adhesive Pearls and Pink Tulip Seam Binding all from Wild Orchid Crafts (I tell ya, what would I do without them? haha)

I would like to enter this into the Colour Create Challenge - Pink, Green and White and the TOMIC Challenge - Stitching!

We are off to College Station again to move my daughter into another house! Kids! I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned! Have a great one whatever you do!

Hugs, Dena

20 comments:

Kristel said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous card Dena! Such a stunning colored image!!
Hugs Kristel

Maria Therese said...

Oh this is so pretty sweetie :)

Maryann said...

Ooh what a gorgeous card hun. Soooo beautiful made, and I just love when it´s a different kind of card, instead of always the traditional ones, and this is soooo awesome. Love what you´ve done here, it´s really great work.
Have a wonderful week-end ahead now, with lots of fun.

Louise said...

How cute! Love that sentiment, consider yourself hugged - cute to the boot! :) Stunning little Tildas and your colouring is amazing! As always gal! Love the beautiful colours and gorgeous detail :)

It´s awesome!
Love it :)
Have a great weekend!
hugs

ednamburgess said...

Special card. So cute. Love the idea of the pocket with the card that slips inside. Edna

Jodie from Oz said...

Dena, This is absolutely beautiful. I love the pretty ribbon & flowers and the sentiment is perfect. The images are so sweet and coloured wonderfully. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Christina C. said...

I don't know how you do it....you always come up with such a beautiful design and it is always sensational!
This just takes my breath away...absolutely SPECTACULAR!

Grenouille Greetings said...

It seems to me that you are making a card every minute and I can't possibly keep up having been away for 5 days visiting our family in Crete. This card is a beauty. Love the design. Love the Tag. Love the images. Love everything! Hugs, Lesley

Tanya said...

Oh this is just adorable!!!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Such an amazing creation!
So stunning!
So happy that you could join us at TOMIC!
hugs
kim x

dolcreations said...

Beautiful card and tag Dena! I love how you did Tilda in just a soft white and let the paper make it stand out! Gorgeous!

Shirley N said...

Beautiful design Dena, love your sentiments with your adorable images!!!

Niki Estes said...

Dena, this is so cute! I love the alternative style versus a traditional card!

LINDA W. said...

Gorgeous card love your style of card....I would love to make one.
hot Texas hug
Linda

Kerry Steger said...

This card is so very cute Dena - your attention to detail is wonderful!! Thanks for playing along at Colour Create!!

Corine van der Zee said...

Beautiful card, love all the gorgeous details!

Hugs Corine

Elise said...

Dena!!!! Oh my gosh I loooove this design! Totally FABULOUS! And the colors are so beautiful!!!! The way you color your Tilda's are simply GORGEOUS! Absolutely positively incredible all the way around!

ps .. you were so brave to catch grass snakes! OMG .. I don't think I'd ever attempt to catch those even if I was younger! LOL!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Chelsea said...

Oh gosh Dena, this is so darling! I love these colors and all your wonderful details.

I tried to reply to your comment but it didn't let me. So to answer your questions...I use Gem-Tac to hold down those micro beads. When it dries, you will not see the glue at all. Thanks Dena, hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs and Love.

Pernilla ~Pillan~ said...

Sooo beautiful! Love the colors and everything! Thanks for bringing such inspiration. Hugs P

Mina said...

as stunningly gorgeous as always Dena, your colouring is just amazing...thanks for joining in with our Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails