Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

Hello! Happy Fourth of July my American friends! I hope you are having a wonderful time with friends and neighbors and lots of bar-b-que.  We went to the beach yesterday because my neighbor has a beach house and we had a great time!!! The water actually was a bluish-green color.  If you know what Galveston usually looks like, you would know this is surprising! It was a great day with friends and neighbors.

Today is a new challenge at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge blog.  The theme is a "TENT CARD"!  I have a tutorial on my blog that shows you exactly how to make these.  They are very easy!


Card Ingredients:
Stamps:  Magnolia - Spellcaster Tilda
Inks:  Copics
Tools:  MS Frond Punch, Sewing Machine
Embellies:  35mm Deep Red Gardenia, 25mm Blue Wild Roses, White Aster Daisies, 25mm Red Wild Rose, Large Heart Silver Slider Buckle, Self Adhesive Rhinestones all from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The larger gingham ribbon is from my stash.


For Spellcaster Tilda, I just took off her wand and game her an American Flag!


I stitched all around with red stitching and dangled the heart in my opening.

We would love for you to join our challenge! 

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and for stopping by my blog!

Hugs, Dena

18 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

Wowzer, this is stunning Dena. Just love the colouring of Tilda and your design is fabulous! hugs Sharon x

Louise said...

I wish you and your family and friends a grand celebration today! :) I read in a Swedish newspaper it is too dry on various places throughout the US to send fireworks off. I immediately thought of you since I know you live in Texas. I hope you get to see some fireworks hunny! I know you want to :)

And now onto your card:
This is so cool! Love the colours, naturally they're perfect for the occasion ;) But you've worked them in the most GORGEOUS way :) Stunningly beautiful Tilda and svea adorable holding on to the stars and stripes :) Loads of fabby flowers and embellies and that rhinestone heart is so beautiful :)

Hugs!

Juls said...

this is just stunning!!! I love how you have used the apature! Hugs Juls

Debbie said...

Well, Dena..what can I say, your work always inspires me and this is no excpetion. Looking forward to checking out your tutorial so I can give this a try.

Perfect card for the 4th of July..
Hugs
Debbie

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and cheerful card. Lovely colored Tilda image and pretty embellishments :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

ednamburgess said...

So bright and colorful. Love all the little extras you have. Very patriotic. Edna Happy 4th!

Christina C. said...

This is a perfectly delightful patriotic card....very striking!
The design is absolutely magnificent...very inspirational work!

Tine said...

Hi Dena. Fabulous card. Love the intensity of your colours and giving Tilda a flag is a brilliant idea. The flowers are just beautiful as is the heart shape on the ribbon. Love it all. Have a happy 4th July!
Tine :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dena,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Julie said...

Hello there Missy!! Happy 4th of July to you and yours!! Wow Fabulous deep colours and an amazing design!! You have magic in your fingertips!! Big hugs, Juliex

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Dena, I LOVE the mix of papers and details on this card!! BEAUTIFUL dear!!

have a great week....
hugs, Janiel

Sassy Scrapper said...

Happy Independence day. Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the beach. Your USA card is gorgeous! Tilda looks so festive.
Hugs Bonnie

coldwaters2 said...

Wowwww Dena this is amazing, what a beautiful design and Tilda looks wonderful this is one sensational creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

I love your tent cards Dena - although I haven't plucked-up the courage to try one yet - but I will. Just love your work. Take care. Hazel x

Molecraft said...

Perfect 4th of July card, love it!
Helen x

Elise said...

Hi Dena!!! Wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the beautiful patriotic colors on here, and how you're making Tilda hold the flag instead of the wand (I think that's the stamp?) sOooOoo CREATIVE! Love it!!! SIMPLY STUNNING!!!

Hugs,
Elise

Tammi said...

The beach sounds so good, wish I was there...glad you all had a good time! Oh Dena, fabulous patriotic card, so festive!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautifully patriotic and particularly beautiful! Love your hanging heart. Sounds like you had a great time at the beach. Now, if instead of heading 50 miles south to Galveston, you ever fancy heading 600 miles north to Panama City Beach Florida - I have a little condo there. Very pretty resort and the sea is ALWAYS blue! Hugs, Lesley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails